Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

theSeb

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:47 pm If I remember right the one RM member at GIANTS job is coding hired workers or some other general scripting task.
One of the RM members does indeed work at Giants, as a gameplay developer, and he works on all different parts of the gameplay.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Oké, GIANTS confirmed the FS22 “Seasons” is not the Seasons we know from the mod

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=225
Ignorance is bliss
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:02 pm Oké, GIANTS confirmed the FS22 “Seasons” is not the Seasons we know from the mod

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=225
There's an interesting part about why we use the GIANTS engine ... I'd like to think it puts the discussion to bed once and for all, but I doubt it.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Antag

Post by Antag »

Please make sure there's an option to turn off seasons.
I'm really not a fan of sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for that window to farm its boring, one of the worst mods made in my opinion and giants should use there own idea rather than take mods from modders. Lets see some wild deer and goats ducks geese and farm fruits and new potato harvesters with bigger spread would be nice they been neglected since the start.
Fabb

Post by Fabb »

Elany seemed rather optimistic that the improvements to the AI could solve most of the problems that the AI has had in FS from its introduction.. I certainly hope so.
BTW even if the podcast did not add almost anything of new it is nice to hear that they listened to us and added something to the game, and that this thing also adds an entire new category of machines... I hope for something that we (the community) really asked for.
Last thing, I do hope that now all this talks about whether FS should use a different engine will stop, but I doubt.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:29 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:59 am [quote=Fabb post_id=1385912 time=1619166128 user_id=149378.
We (RM) have had 0 input and involvement in FS22.
My low expectations have just sunk further, I'm guessing we'll get visual effects with very little substance to the gameplay.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

We're getting a hand shovel!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:53 pm I hope they give the tractors their “normal” horsepower instead of their peak horsepower
Best-worse
Actual Hp modeled, regular Hp with boost
Boost
Stock
IMO
At least my understanding is that machines can run under boost for a while, just fuel economy and cooling goes out the window. And would rather have machines always slightly overpowered than always underpowered.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Antag wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:14 pm Please make sure there's an option to turn off seasons.
I'm really not a fan of sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for that window to farm its boring, one of the worst mods made in my opinion and giants should use there own idea rather than take mods from modders. Lets see some wild deer and goats ducks geese and farm fruits and new potato harvesters with bigger spread would be nice they been neglected since the start.
I want to like it, but I’m the same, unless you start on farm manager with loads of fields, animals etc it’s just boring.... it works against any sort of start from scratch or survival type game style.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

They Caged Non wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:38 pm
Antag wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:14 pm Please make sure there's an option to turn off seasons.
I want to like it, but I’m the same, unless you start on farm manager with loads of fields, animals etc it’s just boring.... it works against any sort of start from scratch or survival type game style.
A variation I found that played very well was a big farm, lots of fields, but only old and small equipment, massive loans and no money: it's a different type of survival and when you're working against the weather and the seasons as well, just a lot more challenging.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Will the multithread DirectX12 upgrade apply to dedicated server cpu processing? Will the physics calculations for servers be spread across all cores? This is the biggest issue why FS dedicated servers lag out so badly right now.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

Gonna be honest and say that the screenshots don't look that good for a 3 year development cycle, of course they look better than fs19 and so they should but I was expecting a full next gen version that's back ported to last gen not a last gen game ported to current gen and pc.

Really hope that the gameplay reveal trailers are better than the screenshots shown here.
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Daviss42 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:52 am Gonna be honest and say that the screenshots don't look that good for a 3 year development cycle, of course they look better than fs19 and so they should but I was expecting a full next gen version that's back ported to last gen not a last gen game ported to current gen and pc.

Really hope that the gameplay reveal trailers are better than the screenshots shown here.
It has always been small steps forward. Little more than an update. Don't expect all the bells and whistles you get from the other guys, who spend the money they earn, on their new games.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:18 am
Daviss42 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:52 am Gonna be honest and say that the screenshots don't look that good for a 3 year development cycle, of course they look better than fs19 and so they should but I was expecting a full next gen version that's back ported to last gen not a last gen game ported to current gen and pc.

It has always been small steps forward. Little more than an update. Don't expect all the bells and whistles you get from the other guys, who spend the money they earn, on their new games.
I smell a troll trying to light a controversy bonfire.
Please go to the political sections of Facebook or Twitter.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:31 am
FarmBoss wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:18 am

I smell a troll trying to light a controversy bonfire.
Please go to the political sections of Facebook or Twitter.
Don't start going off topic again with your old insults. Go look up what it means to be a troll, you clearly don't know it's what you just did.