Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

GothicKing13

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by GothicKing13 »

Aye, and thanks for letting me know. Hopefully it is, I loved that little feature of the seasons mod in FS19, of Realismus separating the maintenance and repaint. Also, for German... I've always loved the German language and have been giving thought on learning it. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
baby

Post by baby »

Can't wait, fs22 looks super nice :)
Onkel Mo

Post by Onkel Mo »

GothicKing13 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:49 am Also, for German... I've always loved the German language and have been giving thought on learning it. :hi:
Good luck with that. Might be easier to deal with an exorcist. :wink3: Everyone says it's very hard to learn, luckily I'm native German speaking.
Obi-Tonobi

Post by Obi-Tonobi »

Obi-Tonobi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:41 am Graphics Quality - I am on PS4 by the way. After playing FS17 and FS19 with the horrible graphics ring (not sure of the technical name) that these two games have is not acceptable in 2021. Not buying FS22 until I see if this has been addressed. If not I'll stick with FS19 for a while until it gets corrected if ever. Almost every other game out there does a better job of this with Red Dead and GTA V setting the example of what can be done. So far in all the new video's out of FarmCon I do not clearly see if it has been improved. Also what was shown was on PC. Perhaps use Unreal Engine 5 next time. You can do this.

Love my Farm Sim but you can do better.

Can anyone at Giants shed some light on this please?
Well no answer from Giants so I will assume the answer is NO at this point. I'll not be buying this game until I see some actual PS4 or PS5 game play that proves me wrong. Maybe they should let Rockstar have a crack at improving the graphics for them.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Obi-Tonobi wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:44 pm
Obi-Tonobi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:41 am Graphics Quality - I am on PS4 by the way. After playing FS17 and FS19 with the horrible graphics ring (not sure of the technical name) that these two games have is not acceptable in 2021. Not buying FS22 until I see if this has been addressed. If not I'll stick with FS19 for a while until it gets corrected if ever. Almost every other game out there does a better job of this with Red Dead and GTA V setting the example of what can be done. So far in all the new video's out of FarmCon I do not clearly see if it has been improved. Also what was shown was on PC. Perhaps use Unreal Engine 5 next time. You can do this.

Well no answer from Giants so I will assume the answer is NO at this point. I'll not be buying this game until I see some actual PS4 or PS5 game play that proves me wrong. Maybe they should let Rockstar have a crack at improving the graphics for them.

The day Giants sells a game that sells as much as Red Dead Redemption 2 is the day you can start demanding Red Dead Redemption levels of graphic output.
If you want to compare it to anything compare it to other farming simulator games.
As always it's your money (or your parents) and you are free to do with it as you wish. IF you don't like a game simply don't buy it...
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Again, while RDR2 might have great graphics its not doing anywhere close to what FS is doing. RDR2 has its own things it struggles with like crappy action triggers
Playing on PC and PS4
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

It's probably worth pointing out that the foliage ring is probably a necessary evil with no obvious solution. Foliage is dreadfully taxing on graphics but obviously it dominates a farming game. Few, if any, other games have to render foliage as much. It's easy with solid objects and even trees where you can use a 2D or primitive object to render at a distance (and FS can do this like most games), but with dense fields the shadows and 2D foliage have to cut in earlier, hence the ring and low res distance textures.

It does seem to blend better in FS22 than in FS19 (even on a decent PC it's an issue), but it's hard to tell with Youtube compression, and like you say on 8 year old consoles it's certainly going to look a lot worse, but that's to be expected.

That said, FS19's shadow and light implementation was particularly poor (eg the grey-scale disco shadows jumping around) - FS17 looked much better in this regard - so if they've managed to improve them (and they look less noticeable on the videos) then it should go some way to help improve the circle too. But the circle itself won't be going anywhere yet.

Without any knowledge of the technical application, I can imagine it's why we'll not see proper Ray Tracing in FS at any point in the near future, as I assume it would slow even good systems to crawl if it has to render perfect light and shadows on every single plant in absolute real time - still, you never know, and GIANTS will almost certainly evaluate it as a feature for the following FS game when last gen consoles will be a thing of the past and a greater percentage of players will be using RT-capable devices.
avrumi1

Post by avrumi1 »

I hope they improve the physics of the vehicles on the FS22.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

avrumi1 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:56 am I hope they improve the physics of the vehicles on the FS22.
+1
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Obi-Tonobi

Post by Obi-Tonobi »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:12 pm

The day Giants sells a game that sells as much as Red Dead Redemption 2 is the day you can start demanding Red Dead Redemption levels of graphic output.
If you want to compare it to anything compare it to other farming simulator games.
As always it's your money (or your parents) and you are free to do with it as you wish. IF you don't like a game simply don't buy it...
Well I have to disagree with you. Red Dead has way more foliage than FS and they do a great job. Do does GTA V. But not just Rockstar. Horizon Zero Dawn and others do a better job. I live Farm Sim but you have to admit the graphics are not good.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Obi-Tonobi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:53 pm

Well I have to disagree with you. Red Dead has way more foliage than FS and they do a great job. Do does GTA V. But not just Rockstar. Horizon Zero Dawn and others do a better job. I live Farm Sim but you have to admit the graphics are not good.
What are you disagreeing with me about? That giants sell more copies for fs19 that rdr2? That it isn't as good as farmers dynasty or C&C or pure farming or stardew valley?
You don't buy a Skoda and then complain that it's not a Ferrari. Even horizon zero dawn has the might of Sony backing them up.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:27 pm
Obi-Tonobi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:53 pm

What are you disagreeing with me about? That giants sell more copies for fs19 that rdr2? That it isn't as good as farmers dynasty or C&C or pure farming or stardew valley?
You don't buy a Skoda and then complain that it's not a Ferrari. Even horizon zero dawn has the might of Sony backing them up.
In this case, the Skoda is the same price as the Ferrari.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:12 pm In this case, the Skoda is the same price as the Ferrari.
🤣 Yeah you got me there 😂
Obi-Tonobi

Post by Obi-Tonobi »

I'll probably get it eventually but I'm going to wait till it's on sale anyways. Got to see some PS4 gameplay videos first.