Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by Chaki »

Farming Simulator 22 is coming! 🚜
Including seasons, new maps, machines and features. Teaser + more info on the blog. Are you ready?
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Ritchie

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by Ritchie »

Cool, the addition of seasons in the base game will make a lot of folks happy. Really looking forward to finding out more in the coming months.

Still plenty of time to continue playing FS19 too :biggrin2:
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

The FS22 will be better than all FS games, but in my case I'll be wait for the Premium Edition on Steam (Base game + Season Pass) :)
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I'm so excited! Seasons' included. Also a hat! :mrgreen:

What about these:

Fendt Katana

John Deere 9R

A red tractor

New Holland CH7.70

The Massey looks beautiful by the way.
And not the new model of the John Deere 9R? That's odd. But I like the looks of this model better, so no worries :D
The Väderstad cultivator looks awesome as well. At least it's not a 3 meter one :mrgreen:

I hope the Katana loses it's number plate. Cause I predict a lot of fuss about that
Last edited by iwan073 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:18 am The FS22 will be better than all FS games, but in my case I'll be wait for the Premium Edition on Steam (Base game + Season Pass) :)
Why would you wait in your Case? :confusednew:
Ignorance is bliss
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

The game looks really interesting, I'm curious to find out what's new. From the photos shown it seems not, but is there a possibility that it also presents a dynamic terrain? I hope
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I hate to say it, but it looks depressingly just like FS19.5 (and not even that, more like FS19.2 from what we've seen so far). The same terrible Fallout-style graphical theme, the same 2D terrain (not unexpected to be fair), the same bland sky.

Pretty vehicles and Seasons and that's about it.

You can certainly tell it's been dumbed down to last gen console standard, which is then confirmed in the video.
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

There are no 3d textures of the soil, they showed pictures of discs, maybe 3d textures are a surprise..it would be a bit "stupid" if they didn't manage to do that .. They still have months to do something..
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 am
Because I bought FS19 from Giants eshop, then I bought the Platinum Expansion from Giants eshop, and then I bought the Premium Edition on Steam :)
So, in order to not pay double money again, I'll wait until FS22 will be on Steam as Premium Edition :)
I wont make the same mistake again *thumbsup*
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:28 am I hate to say it, but it looks depressingly just like FS19.5 (and not even that, more like FS19.2 from what we've seen so far). The same terrible Fallout-style graphical theme, the same 2D terrain (not unexpected to be fair), the same bland sky.

Pretty vehicles and Seasons and that's about it.

You can certainly tell it's been dumbed down to last gen console standard, which is then confirmed in the video.
Sure there will be some more features, like more realistic sounds and more, but as you say there doesn't seem to be the real innovation, it looks a bit like the usual FS that comes out after 2 years. Also counting the additional wait for this version, I hope the game really presents something extraordinary this time around. Not just an update to the graphics engine to improve a couple of textures, something really interesting for the gameplay. I hope GIANTS has some surprises in store for us
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

Also new crops? Hmm :D
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

This game has to be PS4 and Xbox One compatible, so not too much fancy stuff I guess.

I guess (again) that FS24 will be more advanced since that one most likely won't support PS4 and Xbox One
Ignorance is bliss
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

I do wish they would stop using CGI trailers which bear no resemblance to the game itself and to my mind is false advertising , come on if its that good lets have some ingame footage so we can make a proper comparison.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:41 am I do wish they would stop using CGI trailers which bear no resemblance to the game itself and to my mind is false advertising , come on if its that good lets have some ingame footage so we can make a proper comparison.
You mean the hat won't look that good in-game?
Ignorance is bliss
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

pietro200 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 am Sure there will be some more features, like more realistic sounds and more, but as you say there doesn't seem to be the real innovation, it looks a bit like the usual FS that comes out after 2 years. Also counting the additional wait for this version, I hope the game really presents something extraordinary this time around. Not just an update to the graphics engine to improve a couple of textures, something really interesting for the gameplay. I hope GIANTS has some surprises in store for us
Yeah there are some encouraging things in the article (such as more realistic helpers), but it's hard to comment on them at the moment.

Gearboxes too, though they were meant to be in FS19 anyway.

I'm not normally this down, but purely on the face of it they've not listened to their players considering every criticism which was aimed at FS19's graphics (which was a lot) seems to have fallen on deaf ears.