Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

BernardC

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by BernardC »

1 On this 19 seconds teaser i saw only a cap on the wing on a cold day... teaser are made to tease aren't they... :mrgreen:
2 unfortunately after the teaser i missed the trailer ... :search:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:02 pm Questions questions...
  • Will bales, pallets and logs be easier to handle? Better physics or press X to connect your equipment to the bale/log/pallet?
  • Why did they go for the "old" John Deere 9R model and not the new one? Cause it will match the John Deere's we currently have in-game?
  • Will the pre-FS19 models be newly created or "re-mastered"? Cause models like the New Holland and Challenger models look really out dated.
  • Will Seasons be a dumbed down version of the Seasons we know from FS19? I kinda hope so, cause the whole crop rotation thingy was a bit too much for me personally.
  • Will there be a new major tractor brand in FS22, like Versatile or Kubota, or will an already in-game brand get more lovin'?
  • As mentioned above.... Will Workers be smart enough to know when a field is completely worked or will they leave patches untouched like they do now?
Probably already modeled the 9R before Deere released.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
joe95sp1

Post by joe95sp1 »

Does anyone know if background crop in the 'Cow' screenshot is the growing stage of a current in game crop?

Or could it be a new grass texture or one of the new mentioned crop?

Just not seen it before if it is currently in '19

if I'm wong, pls no hate haha

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Here's my take:
-Like every other FS ever released, this is an update of the current game.
-That 9R doesn't have a 3-point, maybe they finally are giving us actual customization options!!!
-Those cows are really nicely detailed.
-I think I'm very happy with 19 at the moment. It'll take something more than a new brand and a new crop type to get me to buy this. Kinda looking forward to what they've added though.
-As with every FS, it will take about a year before it's "good".
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

So my two question after seeing this teaser are firstly now the game includes seasons does it also include an option to turn it off and play without it, for those of us who just want to play and enjoy the game casually? Secondly as the game is still going to be released on PS4 and old Xbox, how much of a technical leap is this game and it's engine making, when it's still being designed to run on decade old hardware?

Really need to see more of this game in action then the teaser and a few screenshots to see how much "Newer" it is then FS19.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I just want to know if FS19 mods will be compatible with say minor changes to the moddesc or if they will need a massive overhaul. That will make my decision on switching because we are just finally getting a lot of good mods for FS19 and I don't want to start over again and lose them all.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

joe95sp1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:19 pm Does anyone know if background crop in the 'Cow' screenshot is the growing stage of a current in game crop?

Or could it be a new grass texture or one of the new mentioned crop?

Just not seen it before if it is currently in '19

if I'm wong, pls no hate haha

I looks like they updated the textures for a fair amount of items (see corn in Katana shot), I'm guessing what you are referring to is cotton. The closer crop looks like wheat with weeds in it.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:29 pm -I think I'm very happy with 19 at the moment. It'll take something more than a new brand and a new crop type to get me to buy this. Kinda looking forward to what they've added though.
-As with every FS, it will take about a year before it's "good".
I think they've learned from the FS19 launch. Plus FS19 really matured GIANTS. (More experience + bigger budget) Plus they had an extra year.
So I think we won't have to wait a year before FS22 is finally considered good. It will be good from the start. It will only get better as we go.

I am very happy with FS 19 as well. I will pre-order FS22 because I'm sure FS22 will be lots better than FS19.
I'll also get the seasons pass, because GIANTS did a really good job with all the DLC's and extra's they released.
Ignorance is bliss
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

I like the look of FS22 so far and look forward to finding about the features. My hopes;

1) Toggle for Manual attaching of implements.
2) Complete cab lighting in tractors. I think this was meant happen in FS19 but many of the base game tractors are missing indicator/ headlight/beacon lights in cab.
3) Follow me - maybe a stretch but who knows.
4) A control for hazard warning lights (works on console but isn't assigned).
5) Keyboard support - would be a nice option to have.

I noticed that the Massey Ferguson appears to have LED beacons so maybe they are customisable too.
Last edited by Farmer Bacon on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

As a 23yrs deep Forklift driver, making that even remotely realistic would be a start.

For console im expecting removal of slot count on next gen and graphics brought up to PC level at the very least. the frame rate and textures/shaders on my Xbox one are a joke.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

No one’s going to say anything about the cow licking it’s lips?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

How about getting rid of bushes and flowers in the winter? Idk why but it's a pet peeve
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'm pleased to see at least some Seasons in the base game. I'm hoping that they value the modding community and, as far as possible, automate the procedure to update FS19 mods for FS22. I am a bit concerned by the red barn and the hat: very much the USA feel, and if they don't meet the expectation they raise we'll be in for another two/three years of grief.

As for the rest of it, I'm no too concerned with the visuals, as long as we don't get the white-out and the up-sun dimming in early FS19: I'm much more interested to see if the various types of cultivators have some functional differences, whether the crop and animal yield is more variable, whether the massive flatten areas are removed from placables, whether there's a beef farm possible and so on ... I want more gameplay, more variability, more aspects where my operational choices affect the outcome. The visuals ... well, I drive in-cab most of the time, by the time the windscreen is mud-spattered I really don't notice the clouds or the shadows.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Mirk93 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 am
pietro200 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:27 am The game looks really interesting, I'm curious to find out what's new. From the photos shown it seems not, but is there a possibility that it also presents a dynamic terrain? I hope
Sorry to tell you guys, but you will never see dynamic terrain in Farming Simulator or other farming games. You need a physics engine that manages the entire terrain of the map, which must react to the passage of vehicles with different weights but above all must react differently to each agricultural tool, it must not simply make the mud effect like in Snowrunner. We are talking about a difficult thing even for a giant studio like Rockstar, just to name one and people keep asking without knowing what they are talking about. It's impossible for how you want it to be.
Doesnt C@ttle & Cr0ps has dynamic ground?

Edit. Never mind, didnt read other posts.
Last edited by Ekan on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Vfarms wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:11 pm How about getting rid of bushes and flowers in the winter? Idk why but it's a pet peeve
It's quite easy to do in Seasons19 on PC, so hopefully included for all platforms in FS22.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads