Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

faruk9154

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by faruk9154 »

Dapp wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:08 am See here a tweet from the official Massey Furguson page:

It says ''Discover our full line of smart machines''

From the Massey Ferguson webpage:

'''The latest Smart Farming technology further improves output and efficiency with easy-to-use precision farming capabilities such as MF Connect telemetry, MF Guide auto steering, MF Section Control and MF Rate Control.''

So will we get gps modules in FS22? (confirmed by screenshots) And Guide autosteering etc? :biggrin2:
I hope the GPS will come. :shock:
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Giants, I hope you make all the engine hoods transparent. Also, a shredder is needed to shred cotton stalks. It would be absurd to chop the long stalks directly with the cultivator. :this:
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

There was a long interview from a german YouTube gamer with Lisertan yesterday. Of course Lisertan didn`t leaked very much, but he confirmed that the GPS antennas are only an optical feature. They don`t have any function and there will be no GPS in basegame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCkCkbVCxPo
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

No great surprise for me I guess they can't make it work on console so it won't be put in the game.
lca1443

Post by lca1443 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:40 pm No great surprise for me I guess they can't make it work on console so it won't be put in the game.
Day 1 mod for PC! <- Pure hope.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

TobiHH wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:35 pm ...but he confirmed that the GPS antennas are only an optical feature. They don`t have any function and there will be no GPS in basegame.
If true, that’s quite a bummer :shock: GPS plays an important role in real-life precision farming. I'm really surprised that guidance steering won’t be included as a core function in FS22.

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:40 pm No great surprise for me I guess they can't make it work on console so it won't be put in the game.
Why do you think they can't make GPS work on consoles?
tcap023

Post by tcap023 »

Bersson wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:25 pm
TobiHH wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:35 pm ...but he confirmed that the GPS antennas are only an optical feature. They don`t have any function and there will be no GPS in basegame.
If true, that’s quite a bummer :shock: GPS plays an important role in real-life precision farming. I'm really surprised that guidance steering won’t be included as a core function in FS22.

I am guessing because of controls and lack of buttons on a controller.. could be solved with a rotary menu type thing but I agree no GPS is gg for me. I would have to wait for GPS to buy the game I think.. I mean i might change my mind but GPS ive played with for years. I really loved in FS19 how you had to buy it to have GPS on the tractor.. good stuff
Platform=PC
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

He mention it from minute 8:40 to 10:00 that the antennas are only there, because they are also there IRL. The brands want their products to look realistic in game, that’s why they insist to put an antenna on top. Although it has no function in game.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

tcap023 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:45 pm ... could be solved with a rotary menu type thing ...
Exactly :smileynew: I hope GPS is in the "We just don't talk about it yet"-category.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

tcap023 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:45 pm
Bersson wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:25 pm

I am guessing because of controls and lack of buttons on a controller.. could be solved with a rotary menu type thing but I agree no GPS is gg for me. I would have to wait for GPS to buy the game I think.. I mean i might change my mind but GPS ive played with for years. I really loved in FS19 how you had to buy it to have GPS on the tractor.. good stuff
:this:
I gave up trying to find a single useful keybind on my XB1 controller to lock onto GPS (or more precisely one for GPS while having 2 extra Manual Attach Keybind)
Not sure if a rotary menu would be any good as it almost definitely would be a pain to lock (GPS line) onto on the fly.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

My understanding of GPS for farming, is for positioning and boundaries within your property, rather than auto drive. Am I right or wrong about that?
If I'm right, then maybe the number of buttons isn't the problem. Maybe the minimap needs to be more advanced, and maybe that's beyond the developers technical knowledge.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:48 pm My understanding of GPS for farming, is for positioning and boundaries within your property, rather than auto drive. Am I right or wrong about that?
If I'm right, then maybe the number of buttons isn't the problem. Maybe the minimap needs to be more advanced, and maybe that's beyond the developers technical knowledge.
What’s usually is referred to as GPS on here is actually Autosteer.
Straight GPS is coverage mapping and rate controlling type applications (in my understanding, as the Deere ITC globes can only do that as the satellites they used were decommissioned and Autosteer on WAAS correctional data isn’t supported, but they can still handle mapping and such)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Seems like they could at least have a toggle HUD feature that shows when youre headed true N/S/E/W - like a light bar on a floater or whatever. Wouldnt need a key binding for that.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Way can't they make it work on console?
Ignorance is bliss
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

I’d personally like to see consoles get dedicated server support. Microsoft doesn’t charge any extra for it (unsure of Sony). My friends who are interested in getting the game decide against it when they find the only way we can play together and on the same farm is when we’re all miraculously online at the same time.

Flip flopping which farm we’re going to play on gets old, and we tend to just end up on our own farms as we all have things to get done. Plus, other than the gratification of helping your friend, there’s no reward to the current online game play. You don’t earn money for your farm through wages.

I see YouTube videos of these massive farms on PC and it’s super cool. I’d swap to a Pc myself, but we’ve all always been on console. It’s just how we role.