Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Ritchie

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by Ritchie »

Well said Seb.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Pointing out the games issues, or in my case, agreeing with them, is not destroying a thread.
Insulting forum members for pointing out the games issues is destroying a thread.
You and your fans have successfully taken this thread off topic.
But yeah, well said Seb.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I think we can all agree the game engine can be better, and apparently is improving for FS22, but it's unlikely to change significantly so long as last-gen consoles are supported and is never going to get near AAA standards of detail. That said, for the game after FS22 I expect the last-gen console support to be dropped and there will be no excuses for not having an overhaul of certain areas which have looked really dated for some time now.

[short story incoming]

GIANTS are a small team as game developers go - that's not an excuse, it's fact. The last estimate a couple of years ago was ~50-60 employees (though more have been employed since), many of which (possibly a majority) won't be directly involved in game development or game content creation. I'd be willing to bet the number of coders working on the engine at GIANTS is somewhere around 3-7 people.

As soon as COVID-19 became a global pandemic with the resulting financial issues and uncertainty it was almost guaranteed that GIANTS would have to cater for older consoles and the online polls emphatically back that up. The slow rollout of those consoles (not just due to the financial knock-on effects of the pandemic, but also the logistics and the lack of semiconductor capacity) cements that as the correct decision, regardless of how disappointing that is for some of us (myself included). After all, GIANTS have employees and contractors to pay and there's only so much they could make through DLCs (especially when many won't be paying for extra DLCs due to having the Season Pass).

If they didn't have to release FS22 on last gen consoles then they would have mammoth CPU power available to play with, given the enormous instructions per cycle (IPC) improvements over seven CPU evolutions and revolutions (28nm low-power laptop-based CPUs to effectively full-fat 7nm Zen2-based CPUs). Even a big team I doubt could fully utilise that power, but it certainly opens doors for things like a vastly better terrain, more intelligent AI, traffic management, field shapes, intelligent vehicle features and creating far richer worlds. The extra CPU and graphical power afforded by the new consoles will facilitate those sort of features for the next next game and the excuses for not having at least some of them will be gone.

In the link I provided a few days ago to the MudRunner dev's blog, he stated that the area of terrain actively dynamic at any one point is just 16x16m. I'm sure that would be doable in single-player FS, even with last-gen consoles, but would quickly become an issue in multiplayer; Mudrunner itself is limited to just four players in multiplayer and the maps are a quarter of the size of the standard size maps in FS. We've implements and combinations (things like the Pacesetter and the big trailed drills) in FS which are already over 16m long when attached to a vehicle.

I said a year or two back that if FS2x still had a flat, shiny and unconvincing terrain then anything near ground level will look positively archaic by the time the game after FS2x (now FS22) comes along (FS25?). That's inevitably going to be the case but it turned out to be unavoidable. For that game after FS22 something needs to change in that regard though. Be it a true dynamic terrain, an implied dynamic terrain, a 3D representation or at the very worst a 2D ground with greater perceived depth and richer and more dynamic features (small stones, believable stubble, higher resolution lime/manure/fertiliser layers and higher res foliage blocks and working areas), hopefully getting rid of work angles completely.

The terrain is the last thing that is still essentially the same as early FS versions and it looks it.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

theSeb wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am
FarmBoss wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 am
theSeb wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:07 am

It's completely incorrect gibberish, at best, but it's no surprise that it makes sense to you. The reason why you like the post is called "confirmation bias".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills."
You're probably thinking how clever you are, but failing see how this confirmation bias could be directed at you. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all considering some of your replies. I don't understand why you and your fans always resort to picking on people who have different opinions of certain aspects of the game than you.
I could quote the Bullying wiki, but I don't feel like it.
Pointing out confirmation bias and factual inconsistencies is not bullying, or picking on people. I find it hilarious that you think it’s perfectly fine to include thinly veiled insults on a regular basis at anyone who has a different opinion, or who posts facts that don’t match up with your preconceived notions, but somebody pointing out that your confirmation bias is showing forces you to flash the victim card. It’s not surprising, but it is hilarious. You should be happy, since you have managed to achieve what you get a thrill out of and destroyed yet another thread thanks to your childish and unpleasant behaviour.
Finally someone has said it, he's been doing this for a while and twists things
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:53 pm
Why did I get quoted, I quit feeding the trolls a week ago or better. As for the game and the bs about the developers being AAA because they released 6 games, that’s so ridiculous it’s either trolling or a third grade understanding of economics. I think we already figured out in a different thread that gta made more money in a month with micro transactions than giants made releasing 19. I think it’s funny everyone claims fs is a money grab then holds gta up as the gold standard when they run a massive money grab in plain sight.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Mwal wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:21 am
Why did I get quoted, I quit feeding the trolls a week ago or better. As for the game and the bs about the developers being AAA because they released 6 games, that’s so ridiculous it’s either trolling or a third grade understanding of economics. I think we already figured out in a different thread that gta made more money in a month with micro transactions than giants made releasing 19. I think it’s funny everyone claims fs is a money grab then holds gta up as the gold standard when they run a massive money grab in plain sight.

I understand how my mention of AAA and FS being in its 6th iteration can be misinterpreted from what I tried to say.
I only meant that FS is not a new series from new developers. FS19 was selling for a AAA price on console in Canada.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:21 am
Just thought of the image you posted a while back.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:33 am
I understand how my mention of AAA and FS being in its 6th iteration can be misinterpreted from what I tried to say.
I only meant that FS is not a new series from new developers. FS19 was selling for a AAA price on console in Canada.
Pretty sure it sold for 59.99 in the states, which is what I paid for gta..... and paw patrol🤷‍♂️ I can only think of a handful of games cheaper than that upon initial release, and most of them were pc to console ports.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Disk or digital? Steam was $35 on release (I paid that much for Platinum 2yrs ago)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Were talking consoles
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Mwal wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:13 am
FarmBoss wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:33 am
Pretty sure it sold for 59.99 in the states, which is what I paid for gta..... and paw patrol🤷‍♂️ I can only think of a handful of games cheaper than that upon initial release, and most of them were pc to console ports.
In a business class I took several years ago they said that almost all disk games were priced at $60, never lower, never higher
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Are we back on topic yet? I'd like to see an update of what to expect from 22.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

FarmBoss wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:17 am Are we back on topic yet? I'd like to see an update of what to expect from 22.
Well according to this weeks podcast, nothing new to tell just yet but they did say to pay attention to their social media in the next few weeks.
Playing on PC and PS4
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:21 am
FarmBoss wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:17 am Are we back on topic yet? I'd like to see an update of what to expect from 22.
Well according to this weeks podcast, nothing new to tell just yet but they did say to pay attention to their social media in the next few weeks.
And also the community likes to make ridiculous rumors like no mods...
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:21 am
Gamescom week maybe they'll show something new. 11-13 June
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi: