Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

DEERE317

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by DEERE317 »

And that there’s planting Windows. (And using months for telling time, rather than seasons like Seasons)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
krypticz

Post by krypticz »

I am curious, is there a list somewhere talking about specific upgrades, improvements and additions FS 22 has over FS 19?

Love the game but it would be nice if the incorporated better real world physics in it. It always killed me when driving a pickup truck, and launching myself 100 ft in the air, etc.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Not a list on here that I'm aware of although a few YouTubers have made videos covering the information known so far (DJgoham etc.).
There will be lots of information released at Farmcon so we'll all find out more then
eric21

Post by eric21 »

krypticz wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:51 pm I am curious, is there a list somewhere talking about specific upgrades, improvements and additions FS 22 has over FS 19?

Love the game but it would be nice if the incorporated better real world physics in it. It always killed me when driving a pickup truck, and launching myself 100 ft in the air, etc.
Dev blog s on the website
KrS14

Post by KrS14 »

So with manual shifting, does the "accelerator" effectively become a standard throttle. For example can I shift into 2nd and use 10% throttle, and the tractor won't Rev up to max? We need the old style shifting and engine management in game!
KrS14

Post by KrS14 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:32 pm
1ymeric wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:54 am

And for me personally what I hope for is two thing...1 - that they add the ability to access your Mouse, Wheel, or Xinput controls IN game not have to quit and go through all the loading.
You can already do that in 19, dont see why the would remove it from 22
I think they are referring to key bindings. You have to exit your session to change those. It really is quite annoying.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

KrS14 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:35 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:32 pm
1ymeric wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:54 am

And for me personally what I hope for is two thing...1 - that they add the ability to access your Mouse, Wheel, or Xinput controls IN game not have to quit and go through all the loading.
You can already do that in 19, dont see why the would remove it from 22
I think they are referring to key bindings. You have to exit your session to change those. It really is quite annoying.
You can change those in the game under controller settings
Playing on PC and PS4
Obi-Tonobi

Post by Obi-Tonobi »

Graphics Quality - I am on PS4 by the way. After playing FS17 and FS19 with the horrible graphics ring (not sure of the technical name) that these two games have is not acceptable in 2021. Not buying FS22 until I see if this has been addressed. If not I'll stick with FS19 for a while until it gets corrected if ever. Almost every other game out there does a better job of this with Red Dead and GTA V setting the example of what can be done. So far in all the new video's out of FarmCon I do not clearly see if it has been improved. Also what was shown was on PC. Perhaps use Unreal Engine 5 next time. You can do this.

Love my Farm Sim but you can do better.

Can anyone at Giants shed some light on this please?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Not just as simple as changing engines when the engine game is designed around GIANTS Engine, sure there’s some technical reason for the circle which probably can be summarized as make engine better at _____ = $$$ + worse at____
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
punchi

Post by punchi »

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=252

That article is perfect for all the people saying, just use engine xyz it will be better :mrgreen:
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

punchi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:28 pm https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=252

That article is perfect for all the people saying, just use engine xyz it will be better :mrgreen:
Actually, I think the article does the exact opposite as the features they're showing as new have been a part of other engines for years. For example, Unreal Engine 4 has stuff such as Temporal Anti-Aliasing, Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Texture Streaming and View Culling enabled by default.
punchi

Post by punchi »

Gormett wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:01 pm
punchi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:28 pm https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=252

Actually, I think the article does the exact opposite as the features they're showing as new have been a part of other engines for years. For example, Unreal Engine 4 has stuff such as Temporal Anti-Aliasing, Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Texture Streaming and View Culling enabled by default.
Did you even read the answer to the first question? :confusednew: :confusednew: :confusednew:
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I just wonder if we'll get some Root Crop storage halls this time around... or if we'll have to await for the modders again.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

punchi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Did you even read the answer to the first question? :confusednew: :confusednew: :confusednew:
Yes, they said their engine has a whole lot of other requirements no other game engine out there can offer out of the box.

And then they proceeded to talk about features that every other engine offers out of the box.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Gormett wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:12 pm
punchi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Yes, they said their engine has a whole lot of other requirements no other game engine out there can offer out of the box.

And then they proceeded to talk about features that every other engine offers out of the box.
They proceed to talk about stuff they’ve added/changed with the Engine, not any of the stuff that is special about GIANTS engine.