Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

DEERE317

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by DEERE317 »

Gormett wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm The console version simply can't hold FS back.

Mainly because Playstation 4 came out in 2013, Xbox One came out in 2013 as well.
Farming Simulator is with it's optimization, graphics and gameplay mechanics stuck in 2008-2013, therefore a 2008-2013 game can't be limited by 2013 hardware. (Can't say it's stuck in 2014+ since Spintires came out that year as well, with it's dynamic terrain and vehicle physics)
And the publisher, Focus Home Interactive probably wasn't holding back FS either, since FS22 took them 3 years (instead of the 2-year recycle) and is self-published by Giants - yet the game looks exactly like FS19 + mods.

The only thing that holds Farming Simulator back is Giants themselves.
Not sure how it’s stuck in 2008 when it looks nothing like Fs2008. And Spintires is a poor comparison because it’s a driving game, no crop mechanics to run/keep track of.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Gormett wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm The console version simply can't hold FS back.

Mainly because Playstation 4 came out in 2013, Xbox One came out in 2013 as well.
Farming Simulator is with it's optimization, graphics and gameplay mechanics stuck in 2008-2013, therefore a 2008-2013 game can't be limited by 2013 hardware. (Can't say it's stuck in 2014+ since Spintires came out that year as well, with it's dynamic terrain and vehicle physics)
And the publisher, Focus Home Interactive probably wasn't holding back FS either, since FS22 took them 3 years (instead of the 2-year recycle) and is self-published by Giants - yet the game looks exactly like FS19 + mods.

You're right about Giants holding themselves back. I hope they are changing now that they are publishing themselves, but we won't know until FS22.

Also, any mention of other games is taboo around here. The rumor is that no game in existence does as much as FS is capable of. It is top of the line and state of the art. Sounds kind of silly though, since the devs struggle to complete gameplay functions.

Anyways, I still hold out hope for FS22.
punchi

Post by punchi »

FarmBoss wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:29 pm

Also, any mention of other games is taboo around here. The rumor is that no game in existence does as much as FS is capable of. It is top of the line and state of the art. Sounds kind of silly though, since the devs struggle to complete gameplay functions.

Comparing FS19 and Spintires, is like comparing a combine with a forage harvester. Both drive, but in the end they do totally different things.
Thats why those comparising make no sense at all.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

And if you look into the technical details of how Spintires does it's deformable terrain it certainly wouldn't be suitable for FS in its current guise.

Mud and Water of Spintires:MudRunner [Dev's blog]
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

You're right about Giants holding themselves back. I hope they are changing now that they are publishing themselves, but we won't know until FS22.

LastI checked Farmer’s Dynasty uses straw as hay so I’d say GIANTS can implement stuff correctly...
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's a poor example. Giants doesn't require every animal to have water or not every animal makes manure.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:59 pm That's a poor example. Giants doesn't require every animal to have water or not every animal makes manure.
True, but at least they don’t contradict IRL, they do however ignore some aspects at times.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:31 pm

LastI checked Farmer’s Dynasty uses straw as hay so I’d say GIANTS can implement stuff correctly...
Shouldn't compare FS to other games. At least that's what I'm always told.
There are many things that are not implemented correctly in FS. Don't get me started on that list. I'm trying to have hope for 22.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

punchi wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:40 am The thing is, console version is already a reduced pc version. So we have the 2 versions you want :D
Exactly, I think hes annoyed that he's not getting what he wants.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

eric21 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 am
punchi wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:40 am The thing is, console version is already a reduced pc version. So we have the 2 versions you want :D
Exactly, I think he's annoyed that he's not getting what he wants.
Can you tell me exactly what it is that a PC can do in the base game that the consoles can't do??? :confusednew:
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You can for example activate and use console commands or customize your graphics settings even past ingame options. Or simply changing the vanilla equipment using a texteditor.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 am

There are many things that are not implemented correctly in FS. Don't get me started on that list. I'm trying to have hope for 22.
Comparing FS to non-farming games is a waste of energy. What GIANTS needs the game engine to do in order to keep track of all the possible field states, animals, etc in real time is incredibly taxing and cannot be compared to other games that have fixed states in each map area. If you want to be unhappy about that, suit yourself. I would love for there to be amazing jumps in the game engine in each release - from what I understand, the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems. Who knows, maybe that’s BS. 🤷🏻‍♂️
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 am

Comparing FS to non-farming games is a waste of energy. What GIANTS needs the game engine to do in order to keep track of all the possible field states, animals, etc in real time is incredibly taxing and cannot be compared to other games that have fixed states in each map area. If you want to be unhappy about that, suit yourself. I would love for there to be amazing jumps in the game engine in each release - from what I understand, the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems. Who knows, maybe that’s BS. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Well he was comparing Farmer's Dynasty, which isn't a non-farming game.
Anyways, I was just jokingly telling him not to compare. We all know why nothing can compare to this game. Somebody explained it once, and now everyone repeats it, almost word for word. I'm not unhappy about it at all, as I am looking forward to see what 22 has to offer. I'd be happier with a fully working game rather than graphics and performance updates.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Fair!
s7davis

Post by s7davis »

j_maybury wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:28 pm
eric21 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 am
Exactly, I think he's annoyed that he's not getting what he wants.
A PC can run scripts in base game. While Consoles all the scripts have to be converted to XML. Oh buy as many vehicles as possible cause PC don't have a slot limit.
Can you tell me exactly what it is that a PC can do in the base game that the consoles can't do??? :confusednew: