Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

this_is_gav

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by this_is_gav »

They Caged Non wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:10 pm For console im expecting removal of slot count on next gen and graphics brought up to PC level at the very least.
I doubt you'll get a removal of the slot count. As far as I know that's a requirement of Sony and Microsoft for such a game.

It should be much bigger on new gen consoles in FS22 and occlusion culling and texture streaming will help a little on last gen ones too.
TorIvarS

Post by TorIvarS »

A couple of things I would love to see in the new game:

With the landscaping mode introduced in FS19 I would love to see fully dynamic minimap/pda.
If you join two fields it would actually be reflected in the minimap/pda, same with buildings and other placeables you add or remove.

As I hope Precision Farming will be implemented from the start I would suggest reworking the whole plowing after X harvests thing (which I always end up turning off).
Lets say fields get compacted, like silage silos, and different tools for cultivation removes a variable amount of compaction.
Plows subsoilers remove a large amount of compaction, cultivators/power harrows medium amount and disc harrows a small amount (as an example).
To continue on this, also more sub-classes of cultivation equipment with variations on compaction removal (both with type and lets say customizations).

Already hyped for the new game. As always FS is good from the start, but with the excellent modding community it ages like a fine wine :D
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:23 pm
They Caged Non wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:10 pm For console im expecting removal of slot count on next gen and graphics brought up to PC level at the very least.
I doubt you'll get a removal of the slot count. As far as I know that's a requirement of Sony and Microsoft for such a game.

It should be much bigger on new gen consoles in FS22 and occlusion culling and texture streaming will help a little on last gen ones too.
Surely there is room to renegotiate this requirement, it is Sony and MS who are boasting about how powerful and ‘as good as a gaming PC’ these new consoles are.... let’s see it then.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

My hopes are high, but we all know how it will end.

Unfinished game, with incomplete / unfinished features, with "won't fix" answers from Giants...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

They Caged Non wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:37 pm

Surely there is room to renegotiate this requirement, it is Sony and MS who are boasting about how powerful and ‘as good as a gaming PC’ these new consoles are.... let’s see it then.
Doubt it, the slot count helps keep systems stable as you can’t load so much stuff into RAM that you run out of RAM which = crash. And a run of the mill computer hardware illiterate adult or child (I said computer not internet as console players usually don’t get into the finer points of hardware) will just think their console or game is the problem.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:42 pm My hopes are high, but we all know how it will end.

Unfinished game, with incomplete / unfinished features, with "won't fix" answers from Giants...
Or it may be another FS15 or FS17.

And they’re no longer beholden to Focus’s stockholders wallets.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Sony and Microsoft limitation is mod storage capacity in the modhub which is 4 GB at the moment. I can only download and install a 4 GB worth of mods from the modhub in my PS4 Pro.

Slot count limitation is purely based on RAM capacity which is 5.5 GB for PS4 Pro. Total RAM is 8 GB but 5.5 GB is allocated only for the games. The rest is always reserved for system usage.
PS5 / FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

No news about new tyre brands? That's concerning, since I was hoping for more tyre brands.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:46 pm
Miketeg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:42 pm My hopes are high, but we all know how it will end.

Or it may be another FS15 or FS17.

And they’re no longer beholden to Focus’s stockholders wallets.
I hope not. FS15 was a disaster at launch with broken mass and (vehicle) engine settings causing issues like a complete lack of friction with some vehicles and equipment.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'll buy it just because....New Game. I'll play it just to see what is different. I'll like somethings. Somethings I'll hate. I'll bounce back and fourth between 22 and 19, until the modders work their magic. Giants makes a good base game, but the modders make the game great. Now I just hope the fanbase and the testers don't drive off any of the good modders.

Also HEY GIANTS! American style gravity wagons work work well for NA players. Just saying. Put it in the base game. Please get in touch with your North American fan base this time. Like also maybe let us us the inside of the red barn this time.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

I'm liking the crop textures shown in the teaser images - especially the cultivated wheat field. I think that's been long overdue. Hopefully there will be some fine tuning of the terrain editing tool as well.
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

It is true that modders make FS great, but it is not correct that a game that pre-orders for € 50 (my guess seeing the FS19 pre-order) and that has been waiting for 3 years to be "completed" and made great by the work of the modders which take time and effort to increase our choice / realism in game. As for slots and console gaming in general, surely you can't reach the PC level, as (speaking of "updated" components) the PC is considerably more powerful than the console. Of course, optimization can help. The release for old consoles will be a serious blow to the game given the limits to which it will have to meet. Hope it's not disappointing
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

You really think they are working on this game since 3 years? They probably just started...That's easy when you just update game, without major change.

Ah and don't be screw by image shown in teasers / trailer, these are CGI image, far from what game will look.

Sorry for my negative mood, but I don't want to be too excited, because I (we) know they will disappoint us one more time.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm You really think they are working on this game since 3 years? They probably just started...That's easy when you just update game, without major change.

Ah and don't be screw by image shown in teasers / trailer, these are CGI image, far from what game will look.

Sorry for my negative mood, but I don't want to be too excited, because I (we) know they will disappoint us one more time.
I understand your mood, I'm in the same situation. I REALLY hope that GIANTS is hiding the best part of the game from us (maybe they have added settings that vary the realism (such as dynamic terrain) and that can be activated / deactivated, so that everyone plays as they want, also adjusting according to the hardware available). But I don't think this happens. If the game looks like an FS19 with the most beautiful sounds I don't know if I'll buy it
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm You really think they are working on this game since 3 years? They probably just started...That's easy when you just update game, without major change.

The pictures are actually from the game, the trailer is CGI :biggrin2:
Nowhere does it say that the pictures are not from the game, as it says in the trailer.