Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

theSeb

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by theSeb »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm You really think they are working on this game since 3 years? They probably just started...That's easy when you just update game, without major change.

Ah and don't be screw by image shown in teasers / trailer, these are CGI image, far from what game will look.

Sorry for my negative mood, but I don't want to be too excited, because I (we) know they will disappoint us one more time.
You don't really think that they just started working on the game? Once they release the previous game, then they continue working to fix bugs and work on the mobile game and then move onto the next game. I don't expect that everyone has just been kicking back and chilling for the last 18 months since FS 20 (mobile game) was released.

It's ok to be negative and to raise valid criticism, but one can do that without making things up.

The screenshots are from the game. The trailer / movie obviously is not
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Miketeg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Ah and don't be screw by image shown in teasers / trailer, these are CGI image, far from what game will look.
I hope that trailer is real game and screenshots are from FS19 :lol:
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Then the trailer should be ingame footage as well, as I said previously,
to my mind is false advertising , come on if its that good lets have some ingame footage so we can make a proper comparison.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I have no strong feelings on that one, one way, or the other. They have had their CGI trailers for yonks now and it's not exactly unusual in the industry either. You expect a movie trailer to have footage from the movie, so it seems that there is no reason for game trailers to not be treated in the same way.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Seems like a lot of disappointment for a game nobody’s played. Just and observation.
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

The 3d-ness on the building looks amazing! (And the cow for that matter too! :lol: )
PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Can we see a RPG style level up system for the Ai workers possibly? It would be cool to hire ones of specific task based on stats that have a price scale based on how good they are and have certain ones only available certain times of the year.you could hire a very low level one and spend hours leveling up them up as well as their price going up would be a cool addition to the game, completely optional of course.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 am
EURO_FARMER wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:18 am The FS22 will be better than all FS games, but in my case I'll be wait for the Premium Edition on Steam (Base game + Season Pass) :)
Why would you wait in your Case? :confusednew:
Because it's more Claasy than a JD?
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm You really think they are working on this game since 3 years? They probably just started...That's easy when you just update game, without major change.

Sorry for my negative mood, but I don't want to be too excited, because I (we) know they will disappoint us one more time.
Every Fs installation except FS08 has just been an update...
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Arent most games largely polished versions of the previous one.. fifa, assassins creed, any other sports game, most racing games, sim city etc. Everyone making out like FS are the only culprits.

I’m looking forward to it if the console experience is much better, although I may get this version on Mac when I get a new laptop, lots of people don’t have room for a PC.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Seasons is going to be apart of the base game this time around... so for that I am happy. But, my questions for the new game... I'm sure we can disable/enable seasons itself. But, what features of seasons can we disable/enable that we want to use. I had three problems with the seasons mod for FS19, one problem mostly my own doing and another was mod compatibility. But, my problems was...

1. Crop Withering - Twas a fantastic feature, and I am glad that the team behind realismus tackled and added it to give us that much more realism to the game. But, the problem... we had/have no way to fight against it. If GIANTS keeps the crop withering aspects in, I hope they go a step further and implement a feature to allow us irrigation of some sort.
2. Mod Compatibility - This was my biggest problem with seasons 19, I play with A LOT of production mods and A LOT of them aren't compatible with seasons... so I'm constantly switching back and forth playing "Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe..." - Now, that is built in hopefully this will end this problem.
3. Crop Rotation - I like small maps, very few fields... so balancing crops, animal feed and grass fields on a rotation becomes a wee bit of a headache. I loved seasons with FS17 and I love seasons with FS19. But, some of the things for me personally is a bit too much. I like ultra realistic playthroughs, but... I also like more simplistic styles and not being forced. Seasons 19 would of been a perfect mod for me and I would of most likely permanently got rid of all the mods not compatible with it if I could of had Irrigation and an option to disable Rotation.

My biggest question on Seasons for FS22 will be how will GEO's work in the new version... will they still be a thing?

Now, my biggest questions/wants for FS22...

1. GPS - Please GIANTS bring it to base game FS22...
2. Crops - I'm just curious as to what they might be.
3. Water Droplets/Snow Accumulating on the vehicles when it Rains/Snows - Shown in the CGI Video - Make it happen GIANTS (Give the WIPERS a REASON to FUNCTION) Pretty please?
4. Please, please, please, please... give us the pup back and with more option. Let me old pal ride in the tractor/truck with me and not be stuck in the kennel all day?
5. More Animals
6. More enterable buildings/not useless - Open up that old red barn?
7. I don't care about terrain that deforms, but... mud to get stuck in (available already via mod) or water build up on low roads in rain storms (already present on some mod maps).
8. We have Herbicide, what about Pesticide or Fungicide etc...
9. Even if it's Lizard "house" brand... FS19 you gave us the ability to start with absolutely nothing and build up from scratch. Please, pretty please... can we have some small, cheap, older equipment to help get started with that start?
10. More Customization Options - More options when customizing vehicles, even the beacons. Instead of being stuck with the rotating beacons. Can we choose between the (Old Rotating Beacon vs. a Newer Flashing LED Beacon) or for Truck/Semi maybe a Lightbar Option?

11. This one is more personal for me... PLEASE, PLEASE, with some Sugar and a Cherry on Top - I BEG YOU GIANTS - Separate the Repair and Repaint. Let me service my equipment and keep the scratches! I beg of thee!!! :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

^and rust. Bare metal that isn’t being continuously polished will rust IRL.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Yet at the same time for trailers, they’re to show off the equipment/features and to hype up the game, not really give a how the game works view.
And I really love the FS19 graphics engine (not the Basegame settings for it) as it looks pretty stinking good with Seasons custom settings or Oxy’s settings.
Also please lose the plastic equipment, Custom’s 8R looks 100x better than the basegame 8R.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Disappointed but not surprised by the news. For all of us who don't like the visual look of FS-19 then its really disappointing. Its FS-19 all over again. I'm not hugely surprised though. Clearly its only realistic to think that Giants had to make the game run on the older consoles.

If the sounds effects have indeed been given an overhaul then that'll be something at least. I'll believe it when I hear it though since they said a similar thing in the run up to the release of FS-19 and most of the terrible sound effects from FS-17 were still in there.

I'm not overly fussed about them adding ever more farming activities in there. It makes sense from a marketing point of view but there was already a ton of stuff I never went near in FS-19. If it pleases others fair enough though.....

I'm just really glad I play the game on PC and have Oxygen David's upcoming Calmsden farm map to look forward to. I'm way more excited about that than I am about FS-22. It shows you whats possible with the visuals if the game isn't constrained by the power of the older consoles.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:58 pm ^and rust. Bare metal that isn’t being continuously polished will rust IRL.
Yes, and rust... that would be interesting. Would definitely go with the "older" equipment start. Start with something old, instead of selling it, let it sit for the memories of when the farm was just getting up and going and alas, the machine. Now, probably won't start... but, rusted. Paint chipped away, really does look old. Might, now that the farm has grown... repair/repaint and restore the old beast and park it up as a fond memory of where you first started. :biggrin2:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.