Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

bigbangnet

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by bigbangnet »

All I really hope is they do a major overall and improve the dedicated server part. Since I had the Epic version, I just can't understand why I had to buy another licence for a DS to put on my computer. This is the first game that I know that did this (I have over 1000 games on steam so ya...I know what I'm talking about). I do have to say their UI via the web is really great. I'm not sure if its related to Epic, but I have a hard time starting the DS. So my work around is to restart the entire process which is really Annoying. Again I really hope they improve that part because they really need it. In my Epic's case. I have to start the game in epic with the -server argument then run the dedicated server...everything is annoying. But their game is fun though.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I can forgive and live with the graphics and obsolete game engine and I understand that dynamic terrain is pretty much impossible. FS17 is still a fantastic game which doesn’t have the best graphics, physics or dynamic terrain. It just works really well, offers an acceptable balance and keeps you immersed in the game.
19 killed it for me. Literally played it for a few hours and I just could not deal with it. Tried it again over a year later and still hated it. I put it down to the fact that they hyped it up to be this groundbreaking stride forwards and then released a game that was in Beta, had worse sounds, drivetrains and graphics than 17. There are so many little aspects that are wrong which for me, added up to a big deal. What was new was either totally pointless or unusable due to bugs and/or terrible execution so the new features did not balance the bad parts out for me.

What has been announced so far looks to me like FS19 is going from Beta to 1.0.

Fixed sounds! No more coasting up hill on tick over with an 8 furrow plow in the ground.

Seasons in the base game, now there is an idea!

I think this is a crucial release for giants. If they make the same mistakes as last time, I fear they are done for. If the modding community aren’t incentivised (by way of seeing a significant improvement to the base game) then we will lose them and in turn, giants will lose us.

If the annoyances of 19 are gone, the graphics and colours are tweaked for realism, the drivetrains feel more like transmissions with shifting and relevant sounds and the new features serve a purpose and are properly executed then it’s going to be well received. If it’s just a bunch of half finished, new yet pointless features, it’s going to be tragic.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Have you tried FS19 seasons?
And FS22 has a “seasons cycle” so probably just visual changes.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Coldlandlord wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:12 am I can forgive and live with the graphics and obsolete game engine and I understand that dynamic terrain is pretty much impossible. FS17 is still a fantastic game which doesn’t have the best graphics, physics or dynamic terrain. It just works really well, offers an acceptable balance and keeps you immersed in the game.
19 killed it for me. Literally played it for a few hours and I just could not deal with it. Tried it again over a year later and still hated it. I put it down to the fact that they hyped it up to be this groundbreaking stride forwards and then released a game that was in Beta, had worse sounds, drivetrains and graphics than 17. There are so many little aspects that are wrong which for me, added up to a big deal. What was new was either totally pointless or unusable due to bugs and/or terrible execution so the new features did not balance the bad parts out for me.

What has been announced so far looks to me like FS19 is going from Beta to 1.0.

Fixed sounds! No more coasting up hill on tick over with an 8 furrow plow in the ground.

Seasons in the base game, now there is an idea!

I think this is a crucial release for giants. If they make the same mistakes as last time, I fear they are done for. If the modding community aren’t incentivised (by way of seeing a significant improvement to the base game) then we will lose them and in turn, giants will lose us.

If the annoyances of 19 are gone, the graphics and colours are tweaked for realism, the drivetrains feel more like transmissions with shifting and relevant sounds and the new features serve a purpose and are properly executed then it’s going to be well received. If it’s just a bunch of half finished, new yet pointless features, it’s going to be tragic.
+1 :hi: *thumbsup*
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:18 am Have you tried FS19 seasons?
Yep, now that is a fabulous bit work. I hope giants have paid those guys to make the seasons feature for the base game!
Even with seasons, I still couldn’t deal with how rubbish the game felt at a basic level. It’s fundamentally a driving game and the driving felt and sounded dreadful compared with 17 which had great sounds, good handling and had some brilliant mods that gave us different transmission options such as CVT, power shift, etc.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Another minor but significant improvement to the game would be if they make the hydraulics more realistic. Would be great to have push/hold keys to lower/raise/unfold slowly and be able to stop mid way rather than position 1 or 2.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Coldlandlord wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:52 am
DEERE317 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:18 am Have you tried FS19 seasons?
Yep, now that is a fabulous bit work. I hope giants have paid those guys to make the seasons feature for the base game!
Even with seasons, I still couldn’t deal with how rubbish the game felt at a basic level. It’s fundamentally a driving game and the driving felt and sounded dreadful compared with 17 which had great sounds, good handling and had some brilliant mods that gave us different transmission options such as CVT, power shift, etc.
It has been abundantly made clear that FS 22 will have seasonal cycles, not the Seasons mod or features
Playing on PC and PS4
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I'm very interested to see what type of activities will be available during the non-growing portion of the seasonal cycle. Logging and animal care might not be enough to fill the time. in SDV we can head to the mines and do some slaying, but I doubt Giants will be adding weapons or enemies to FS. :lol:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I was idly wondering a few days ago how seasons were going to be implemented. Would it just be like FS19 (out of the box) where snow was just another weather feature which disrupted work like rain or hail do currently? I had to recheck to just ensure cycles were part of it, and as Drmattymd says above, they are clear that there are cycles.

It's going to be key how they approach it though. I'm probably in a minority on the forum who doesn't play with the Seasons mod in single-player as I prefer the more relaxed do-the-job-at-any-time style (like FS since the start, minus Seasons) with heavy helper use; I think a lot of casual players will be similar and that probably accounts for much of their market. There's nothing worse than waiting on a helper finishing a field with a small implement, and I doubt GIANTS are going to force that on people by ensuring only certain jobs can be done at certain times.

Will Seasons be an option? Could you fast-forward to other seasons/months/until the next job is ready? Will crops depend on seasons or weather and can they fail if planted at the wrong time? [FarmBoss beat me to the next one] Will there be interesting new jobs to pad out the currently quieter seasons (not just random missions, but things farmers actually do year round)? So many questions which we'll find the answers to in the coming months.

Having actual cycles in the series is probably the biggest change in FS history to date and it will be a key in insight into how GIANTS want to evolve the franchise in future iterations.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

gav, I can answer that first question right away and let you know that Giants has confirmed their seasonal cycles are optional. I think it was podcast #3 or #4 they mentioned this.

Just read the blog today, the seasonal cycles look really nice, but I also noticed that there were some very nice American style buildings featured in the screenshots. Reminds me a bit of Lone Oak and Griffin Indiana
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Not related to seasons, or seasonal cycle...but I would love so much to be able to create my own cattle pasture, including fence, area, building, feeding, water bol, etc...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
SlyTheNotStraightFox

Post by SlyTheNotStraightFox »

Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread or somewhere else but is there any news on optimization ?
Back when 19 dropped i had a solid pc with nvme m2 ssd, 3200mhz ram, i7 8700k and gtx 1080 ti but i struggled with performance, even when not on max settings and without mods.
I still have pretty much the same pc but a rtx 3080 and a new monitor with the 5120x1440 resolution. the Samsung G9 super ultrawide. Playing games on this monitor, especially driving games and im pretty excited for the next FS but im worried that the optimization still wont be as good and have zero support for super ultrawide or even ultrawide resolution. resulting in an UI thats all over the place and huge fisheye effect. I do wanna take advantage of my pc enjoying the game as good as it can look but im skeptical.

TLDR:
Any news about optimizations ? Especially for us with high end hardware
Ultrawide support? UI and general adjustments to avoid fisheye effect etc
KrS14

Post by KrS14 »

One thing I've noticed that seems a bit, unfortunate. When fall comes and the trees change, they're ALWAYS yellow.

They should implement a randomness for the colour of the leaves. Red, orange brown and yellow. It would be much more realistic than just every tree being yellow.
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

SlyTheNotStraightFox wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 pm Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread or somewhere else but is there any news on optimization ?
Back when 19 dropped i had a solid pc with nvme m2 ssd, 3200mhz ram, i7 8700k and gtx 1080 ti but i struggled with performance, even when not on max settings and without mods.
I still have pretty much the same pc but a rtx 3080 and a new monitor with the 5120x1440 resolution. the Samsung G9 super ultrawide. Playing games on this monitor, especially driving games and im pretty excited for the next FS but im worried that the optimization still wont be as good and have zero support for super ultrawide or even ultrawide resolution. resulting in an UI thats all over the place and huge fisheye effect. I do wanna take advantage of my pc enjoying the game as good as it can look but im skeptical.

TLDR:
as far as I could see FS19 is optimally optimized for low-end PCs, counting that I think most of the public play with low-mid-range PCs. For the optimization news, I seemed to understand that they always aimed at facilitating the medium-low range of PCs, I don't know if they will take measures also for the high end.
SlyTheNotStraightFox

Post by SlyTheNotStraightFox »

pietro200 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:02 pm
SlyTheNotStraightFox wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 pm Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread or somewhere else but is there any news on optimization ?

TLDR:
as far as I could see FS19 is optimally optimized for low-end PCs, counting that I think most of the public play with low-mid-range PCs. For the optimization news, I seemed to understand that they always aimed at facilitating the medium-low range of PCs, I don't know if they will take measures also for the high end.
Oh yea of course, their goal is to reach as many potential customers as possible, as we have seen with them dropping a FS game to basically any possible device last 10 years and im sure that was a good thing to increase general profit and getting the name out there.
The vast majority of the playerbase will be on older and lower end hardware. And making the game an enjoyable experience on the potential hardware most of your customers will have is the best choice for a Giants.
But then again you have the ones who do have high end monitors, pc's and other equipment but we wont be able to take advantage of it is abit dumb in my opinion. The UI in the menus are basically useless in FS19 with my monitor. Its so huge and overlapping buttons.