Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

njuska11

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by njuska11 »

Ehhhhh im not sure what to say. Im very glad that fs22 will have seasons in base game. Also im liking the new stubble textures and cultivator textures with lots of crop residue that is pretty realistic. As for the rest not much is known graphicly this game looks the same as fs19 but i sure hope it will run better. Im hoping that now its not needed anymore for engine to render entire map all the time.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

@Giants : I really hope this time your Dev team / Game Quality will be as high as your marketing strategy. Everytime, you have a very strong marketing team working, but do no deliver and bring a minimalism game.

Nice, Season's coming in the base...will you do it for real, or just basic like everytime?

Will the temperature play a role in the next game ? Icy road, cold start (not starting at all?), frozen lake, frozen crop, frozen ground, cattle move, animal care, etc..?

I'm guessing that this will be minimalist and just bring the 4 seasons...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

To be fair, it does say that there are more features included that they will announce later so maybe the ingame pics are dumbed down versions so as not to spoil anything.
Playing on PC and PS4
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

TL:DR version:

- Video is a seasons promotion
- 3 maps, 2 new, updated Erlengrat
- 400 machines across 100 brands (FS19 is
- Giants engine 9
- Supposedly better AI
- Engine sounds are broken up to sound like gears are shifting
- Releases Q2 2021 on all platforms

My opinion:

As it releases on PS4 and Xbox One, it can't be that much of a graphical change and the screenshots look very similar to FS19, with some updated textures. If the AI improvement is the same as the precision farming DLC, then it is basically the same as the current AI as I have seen no difference in the AI performance.

My outstanding questions:

- Hub mounted duals (NA duals)
- GPS
- Season pass available on Steam
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:48 pm
TheSuBBie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:29 pm I belive that Command and Conquer uses Tessalation and shaders for that effect and do not actually deform the terrain mesh
Absolutely correct, as confirmed by the one of the devs of that game. There is no actual dynamic terrain in there.
Excuse me. But it must be said that although it is not a real dynamic terrain, it also performs very well for the skidding of the vehicles, which is lacking on FS. Then true, the mods insert a lot of things, but they are still mods
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Regarding the number/registration plates. Hopefully they're not just fixed (eg every MF8S has the same) and instead are dynamic and country specific or at the very least let modders create other country's styles without needing to reupload every in-game tractor! And can be disabled - personally I've always thought the number plates spoiled the look of a tractor.

Anyway speculating on some of the non visible items mentioned in the news article.

The sounds deserve to be a big improvement and obviously gearboxes are welcome
  • GIANTS removed the ability of wheels to make surface dependant noises (in FS17 driving eg a trailer over grass/gravel/tarmac/etc produced different noises, which was inexplicably removed in FS19).
  • Vehicles in FS19 sometimes coasted or idled down hills, even when dragging an implement behind them (which obviously isn't realistic in the slightest).
  • Machines didn't sound like they were big, meaty or metallic at all.

"More realistic AI behavior"
Not better AI, but specifically "more realistic", which hopefully means the AI can do some of the following:
  • Scan fields and properly navigate objects with suitable implements (not just leave rows unworked)
  • Don't cross into other fields or drive through hedges
  • Do proper turns rather than a huge arc for suitable implements
  • Perhaps do headlands and follow crops and work edges rather than going in a straight line along one of just 8 angles
  • Dare I suggest GPS as a further part of Precision Farming?
Tempering expectations somewhat I have to say the very squared-off fields in the preview images suggests that none of the above is the case and that the AI is still just as dumb as before.

Multi-threading optimization
  • FS is already multi-threaded (using up to 4 cores apparently), but some even with top systems apparently struggle to run it well, so hopefully a more flexible engine will help smooth things over.
  • Given there is still support for PS4/XBox1 then I assume older PCs will still be fine to play the game smoothly.

Occlusion Culling
  • Should help performance especially around built-up areas such as yards.
  • If done well ought to allow much more detail in maps too (which still need to be designed and laid out well, but this should help massively).

Texture Streaming
  • Should smooth graphics performance and might lower video RAM usage
  • Dare I say it might help with slot counts on consoles?
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:05 pm TL:DR version:

- Video is a seasons promotion
- 3 maps, 2 new, updated Erlengrat
- 400 machines across 100 brands (FS19 is
- Giants engine 9
- Supposedly better AI
- Engine sounds are broken up to sound like gears are shifting
- Releases Q2 2021 on all platforms
It says gear selection, not just the sound of gears.
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

At the moment FS22 it's like: :eek2:

Can't wait for more .. :hi:
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

From what they've announced so far if you liked Fs19 then you'll like Fs22, especially on console with better slot allowance and more optimized.

If you weren't happy with the way Fs19 was then you'll just view this as a massive disappointment.

Personally I was hoping they would move away from the cartoonish looking lighting and graphics and make an effort to bring the natural scenery up to a par with the machinery quality.

I just want something that looks closer to RL, despite being more advanced it somehow makes it look more fake than ever which for me I can't ignore as I'm not blinded by the big shiny machine in the middle of my picture.

This honestly feels like what Fs19 should have been, everyone just had to wait another 3 years for it.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Farmercaseih wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:15 pm It says gear selection, not just the sound of gears.
It says, "With graduated reverberation of motors, gear selection and tonal variations depending on the load, the sound shifts towards more realism." That sounds like gear sounds, not gear selection as the whole sentence, including the terms in front of and after the gear selection are referencing sound. Gear shifting would be a separate sentence. There are several mods that have sound settings that sound like gear shifting, but are not gear selection in the game play.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I love the included seasons and no placards on some equipment so hopefully that means some options. But I can’t shake the old generation part, more info is needed to see if the game will be different or if it will be just a fs19 remaster
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

pietro200 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:06 pm
theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:48 pm
TheSuBBie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:29 pm I belive that Command and Conquer uses Tessalation and shaders for that effect and do not actually deform the terrain mesh
Absolutely correct, as confirmed by the one of the devs of that game. There is no actual dynamic terrain in there.
Excuse me. But it must be said that although it is not a real dynamic terrain, it also performs very well for the skidding of the vehicles, which is lacking on FS. Then true, the mods insert a lot of things, but they are still mods
That's a different matter of physics, where the other game does feel like one is actually driving a heavy tractor. Just a pity about the small fields and performance issues. We need more competition in the space.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

a. Holy cow this thread grew fast.
b. GIANTS better not Bork up Seasons.
c. I’m actually happy they kept the graphics engine as long as the lose the the extreme color saturation and overly bright lighting (and the plasticy models). Like oxygenDavid maps or seasons 19. The engine is capable of being realistic just the settings they used for it aren’t.
d. That 9R is a US/NA Spec, so maybe we’ll get our dreams...?
e. GIANTS please don’t mess up these hopes for features by gutting them in the name of making any 1diot be able to play. If you must make it a toggle somewhere. (Actually please do that anyway)
f. Will mods from FS19 be compatible with minor updates or have to be totally remade?
g. I hope we have a good Lizard 1 ton pickup as that’s pretty standard in the US/NA.
h. Hopefully not a buggy mess as they messed with the engine again.
i. I also hope the start with stuff option starts us with 2 or 3 (maybe 4) machines within the 25-100hp range. And maybe a tad more acreage. So something like a Ford 8N (probably an equivalent Ferguson), Farmall M 4020, and 5075E.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:32 pm
Farmercaseih wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:15 pm It says gear selection, not just the sound of gears.
It says, "With graduated reverberation of motors, gear selection and tonal variations depending on the load, the sound shifts towards more realism." That sounds like gear sounds, not gear selection as the whole sentence, including the terms in front of and after the gear selection are referencing sound. Gear shifting would be a separate sentence. There are several mods that have sound settings that sound like gear shifting, but are not gear selection in the game play.
What they said about sounds is related to when the tractor is working, such as the tractor sounding like it is under load, also the gear selection part is separated from the sounds in the sentence
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Questions questions...
  • Will bales, pallets and logs be easier to handle? Better physics or press X to connect your equipment to the bale/log/pallet?
  • Why did they go for the "old" John Deere 9R model and not the new one? Cause it will match the John Deere's we currently have in-game?
  • Will the pre-FS19 models be newly created or "re-mastered"? Cause models like the New Holland and Challenger models look really out dated.
  • Will Seasons be a dumbed down version of the Seasons we know from FS19? I kinda hope so, cause the whole crop rotation thingy was a bit too much for me personally.
  • Will there be a new major tractor brand in FS22, like Versatile or Kubota on the cover, or will an already in-game brand get more lovin'?
  • As mentioned above.... Will Workers be smart enough to know when a field is completely worked or will they leave patches untouched like they do now?
Last edited by iwan073 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss