Farming Simulator Podcast: FarmCon 21 and a Goodbye

Post by Chaki »

We have good news, and we have bad news... 😵
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
j_maybury

Re: Farming Simulator Podcast: FarmCon 21 and a Goodbye

Post by j_maybury »

If you are serious about fixing game-breaking issues, then does that mean the physics issues with lifting and loading of objects like logs will be fixed in the coming FS22 game???

Also, there is the problem of equipment that starts to slide around the farmyard on its own. Will that be fixed also???
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

About half way through the podcast I came over here to make a comment about how Elany needs a serious kick up the butt but that situation had resolved itself by the end. I'm sure she was a excellent worker but she just was not cut out for doing a Podcast.
Man I really hope DJgoham lives near Chicago.....
Also when I'm being mean about community managers come on Chaki try and think of stuff before the Podcast because your spontaneous banter is exactly the same as mine which is terrible.... Poor Lars is doing all the heavy lifting and it's painful at times.
Also I wouldn't mind learning a bit of German off these podcast either if you wanted to do a German word of the podcast.
Like what is the German word for Prioritisation?
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:39 pm About half way through the podcast I came over here to make a comment about how Elany needs a serious kick up the butt but that situation had resolved itself by the end. I'm sure she was a excellent worker but she just was not cut out for doing a Podcast.
I think Elainey had her hands tied with NDA's, I have a feeling the next one will fair just as bad until the restrictions are lifted a bit.
They did talk about some of the things mentioned in the forum's but not enough for my liking, they only skimmed over the surface of the bleeding obvious and not much else.
There is simply nothing to get a discussion going, and the whole point of the podcasts is to get a discussion going.
And to me, FarmCom is boring as hell, and the competitions are just as bad, you're just trying to turn a simulator into a game, and I have no interest in childish games.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:39 pm About half way through the podcast I came over here to make a comment about how Elany needs a serious kick up the butt but that situation had resolved itself by the end. I'm sure she was a excellent worker but she just was not cut out for doing a Podcast.
Man I really hope DJgoham lives near Chicago.....
In the UK we tend to write out a pleasant card along the lines of "best wishes with your new adventure" and things like that. We don't tend to urinate all over them on their way out.

As for Djgoham, please, anyone else. Mr Shouty is fine for Youtube or anything I can avoid or block, but is certainly not someone who should be the face of a global company covering at least one continent day in, day out.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I expect they chose Dj as;
He is one of if not the best YouTuber at respecting modders mods and reputation/opinions (he doesn’t get into the semi regular mud slinging around modders or not not care who actually made a mod like many other YouTubers)
He’s either very good at acting or is almost always excited about the game.
And is very much family friendly
So it makes sense for their choice to me.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Dj also lives in NC and just bought a house, he will also have to move to Chicago.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:05 am
In the UK we tend to write out a pleasant card along the lines of "best wishes with your new adventure" and things like that. We don't tend to urinate all over them on their way out.

As for Djgoham, please, anyone else. Mr Shouty is fine for Youtube or anything I can avoid or block, but is certainly not someone who should be the face of a global company covering at least one continent day in, day out.
Haha clearly you haven't been to Scotland yet 🤣. Yeah the whole podcast is pretty awkward at times just cause they are so tied to corporate it would be nice if they were let off the lead a bit.

What you think a loud over the top positive guy shouldn't be allowed the USA? A country known for its shoutyness...

Yeah that's a shame that giants is insisting that she or whoever replaces her has to live in Chicago...
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I was perhaps a bit harsh last night, but he is someone who divides opinion. I think the issue is that the very nature of FS is that it's usually a fairly relaxing game and hearing someone going over the top grinds with that gameplay. His enthusiasm is without question, but you'll find many players who are just as enthusiastic without being quite as, well, divisive.

His style would work well doing commentary for the FSL I suppose (he might have done since everything has been over Zoom recently, but I've not watched FSL for a while), and I'm sure he's attractive to a younger age group, but for those legally able to set up a social media account (remembering you have to be over 13 for most) then those skills wouldn't be so effective in a Community Coordinator role encompassing a much broader age range.

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:15 am Haha clearly you haven't been to Scotland yet 🤣.
I think you'll find I'm rather closer than you realise. ;)

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:15 am What you think a loud over the top positive guy shouldn't be allowed the USA? A country known for its shoutyness...
No, of course not. As one of the USA's ambassadors relaying fan's feedback to GIANTS he's probably fine, but as an actual employee fronting the image of GIANTS and cultivating relationships not just across the USA, but all 23 countries on the North American continent (which is why Spanish is listed as a plus on the job advert, perhaps with a view to also covering South America), well the persona on camera leading to that divisiveness wouldn't be ideal.

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:15 amYeah that's a shame that giants is insisting that she or whoever replaces her has to live in Chicago...
Well that is where their office is. Though I've long stated my belief that GIANTS could do a lot worse than looking further afield for some roles in and outside of GIANTS, and offered several suggestions of utilising the close community when admin of FS-UK. If anything has come from the last 14 months or so then it's demonstrating the many benefits of working away from the office.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:47 am I was perhaps a bit harsh last night, but he is someone who divides opinion. I think the issue is that the very nature of FS is that it's usually a fairly relaxing game and hearing someone going over the top grinds with that gameplay. His enthusiasm is without question, but you'll find many players who are just as enthusiastic without being quite as, well, divisive.

His style would work well doing commentary for the FSL I suppose (he might have done since everything has been over Zoom recently, but I've not watched FSL for a while), and I'm sure he's attractive to a younger age group, but for those legally able to set up a social media account (remembering you have to be over 13 for most) then those skills wouldn't be so effective in a Community Coordinator role encompassing a much broader age range.

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:15 am Haha clearly you haven't been to Scotland yet 🤣.
I think you'll find I'm rather closer than you realise. ;)

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:15 am What you think a loud over the top positive guy shouldn't be allowed the USA? A country known for its shoutyness...
No, of course not. As one of the USA's ambassadors relaying fan's feedback to GIANTS he's probably fine, but as an actual employee fronting the image of GIANTS and cultivating relationships not just across the USA, but all 23 countries on the North American continent (which is why Spanish is listed as a plus on the job advert, perhaps with a view to also covering South America), well the persona on camera leading to that divisiveness wouldn't be ideal.

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:15 amYeah that's a shame that giants is insisting that she or whoever replaces her has to live in Chicago...
Well that is where their office is. Though I've long stated my belief that GIANTS could do a lot worse than looking further afield for some roles in and outside of GIANTS, and offered several suggestions of utilising the close community when admin of FS-UK. If anything has come from the last 14 months or so then it's demonstrating the many benefits of working away from the office.
North America has 3 big countries and a handful of small countries... not 23 by any stretch.
/geography nitpick
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Granted on the 3 big countries, but there are 23 sovereign states (doesn't include dependant territories).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... th_America
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And that’s known as the result of ones history classes Setera map quiz having south, central, and North America. :lol:
Dang islands.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:47 am
Spanish would be North America Second largest language to be fair so even if their not covering south America it is probably pretty useful to have.
I know it is a bit off topic but the office in Chicago is that going to be a developmental office are we going to start getting a lot more American maps and tractors/equipment coming out of that office or is it just a Community office sort of thing with minimum staff?

Yeah I mean would it kill them to open an office in Britain.... I think Modders prove that you can have staff work over a much larger area than what any one office can cover and the larger the area you can cover the greater the chances of getting the best employees for your company surely....
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Chicago is also where the u.s board of trade is. Also international and domestic goes through it. It is also a huge city in the heart of American farming. It also allows them to cover things over on this side of the ocean.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:16 pmSpanish would be North America Second largest language to be fair so even if their not covering south America it is probably pretty useful to have.
I know it is a bit off topic but the office in Chicago is that going to be a developmental office are we going to start getting a lot more American maps and tractors/equipment coming out of that office or is it just a Community office sort of thing with minimum staff?
The Chicago office is intended to start out with folks working in Community, Support and Event Management among things so we can be closer to that side of the globe. It's just more practical for us and Chicago has a nice overlap of stuff related to Farming as well as Gaming which... as a Farming Game you can imagine is pretty ideal for us. :D
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support