First Look at production chains in Farming Simulator 22

cwattyeso

Re: First Look at production chains in Farming Simulator 22

Post by cwattyeso »

Loving the inclusion of Production Chains into the farming sim base game, have always liked having additional gameplay away from the fields whilst your waiting for crops to grow and field work to be needed. Will also be great to see how the modders and map makers build on this now being part of the basegame and what wonderful toys and playthings they will bring to the table.

My only question based on the screenshots you released showing the bread pallets and the flour pallets and stuff, is the game going to feature some autoloading pallet trailers or equipment out of the gate or will we have to wait for modders to bring us trailers that can handle the pallets of products produced by this production chains? I really don't fancy trying to lift and move pallets by hand in the game, with the physics on object handling the way it's always been in these games.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:54 pm Plus, no one makes anyone play with the factories. They are just more of an option.
+1. Play the game how you want. You don't want to use them? Then don't. But don't ruin it for people who want to play with them and don't want to have to wait 10+ months after the game comes out to have some modder/group make a script for it.

EDIT: and yes, as posted above, GIANTS if you would like to throw us a bone with a built in Autoload script for pallets that would be much appreciated :)
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Can someone explain to me why more transport driving and using GIANTS "excellent" pallet physics is even remotely appealing as a game addition?
Genuinely now I am baffled why that holds any appeal to people given how poor Farm Sim's driving physics, vehicle audio and handling physics are. Those are possibly 3 of the games worse aspects and they want us to do it more.

I'm sure there are players who will love this, but as a ex farmer it just feels so depressing when so many aspects of the game are neglected to prioritise "production factories" in what is supposed to be a "Farming Simulator" game.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ *thumbsup* I love it when you pinpoint the actual issues with every version of this game so precisely.
PS5 / FS22
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

The problem is that every new edition of farm sim means giants have to find new features to sell the game which is why we landed up with forestry, trains, horses and now factories.... Better animal husbandry doesn't get the attention giants wants from main stream "media". Hopefully they will use this new feature to introduce autoload and better physics for pallets and hired AI transport workers....
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I can understand wanting to please a wider demographic of player by including this, especially for the console market, but I just feel GIANTS are trying to be "jack of all trades, but master of none", as the expression goes.

If you really love production games then there are better ones out there for it. If you love driving/transporting then ETS/ATS is there.

It just feels like Farming is more and more of an afterthought with Farm Sim which makes me sad.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I kind of like the variety, I can mess with logging if I want to (and clear cutting is part of Ag) and some of the out of nothing stuff players do really showcase it.
And I must be lucky with pallets as 9/10 times they work fine for me. And vehicle physics are a little overly rock solid at times but is better than all of edge case weirdness of REA. So I must have a top secret dev copy of 19 or something.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Eische

Post by Eische »

I do not like those factories either. But if the system is implemented in the correct way, it opens up a whole bunch of modding opportunities for nearly everyone to create small scaled close to farm "fill type converters".
Think about something like creating ingredients for your own personal TMR or pig food using this system. No need of GC or mods like MaizePlus and CCM module anymore:
- basegame script for mixers is not hardcoded to output TMR anymore
- there is a basegame "converter" script available
- you define ingredients, inputs/outputs

I really really hope they did it in such an open way.
And not like: this is placeable type flourmill, it will only output flour.
Instead it should look like this: This is a placeable, it has those player defined inputs/outputs. And because player defined wheat as input and flour as output, you could call it a (wheat) flourmill.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

You're completely right there Eische.

I hope GIANTS leave a suitable number of free and available filltypes so modders can make full use of this.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Maybe they'll be more greenhouses that actually produce tomatoes and lettuce and then with the bakery and butchers we could see a McDonald's placeable....
The government is desperate to get farmers to do anything but farm to "diversify" so maybe this is realistic game feature....
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:10 pm The government is desperate to get farmers to do anything but farm to "diversify" so maybe this is realistic game feature....
:lol: Too right... I wonder sometimes if governments actually realise where there food comes from the way they try to penalise and deter farmers from actually farming.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 am Can someone explain to me why more transport driving and using GIANTS "excellent" pallet physics is even remotely appealing as a game addition?
Genuinely now I am baffled why that holds any appeal to people given how poor Farm Sim's driving physics, vehicle audio and handling physics are. Those are possibly 3 of the games worse aspects and they want us to do it more.

I'm sure there are players who will love this, but as a ex farmer it just feels so depressing when so many aspects of the game are neglected to prioritise "production factories" in what is supposed to be a "Farming Simulator" game.
Yup, I must agree with all of this. I do fear that since we have now pretty much run out of "cover worthy" brands to add to the series, we will see more and more gimmicks like these added to the game.
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

Just had to find an activity for the winter season. That's why the production was perfect for it
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I agree with all who stated that pallets physics needs to be improved to make this addition a real hit.

If not, that will be useless because nobody wants to lose 5 minutes to "detach" a pallet that stick to the pallet forks...or to find a pallet that fly in the air and land somewhere...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:20 pm I agree with all who stated that pallets physics needs to be improved to make this addition a real hit.

If not, that will be useless because nobody wants to lose 5 minutes to "detach" a pallet that stick to the pallet forks...or to find a pallet that fly in the air and land somewhere...
+1 *thumbsup*
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi: