Farming Simulator Podcast #9: FS22 Terrain, FarmCon, new Community Coordinator

FarmerJohn89

Re: Farming Simulator Podcast #9: FS22 Terrain, FarmCon, new Community Coordinator

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:29 pm The Chicago one hasn't opened yet. They've got one employee for Chicago but no office yet; Kerminator is working for home (and currently it's just going to be a community hub rather than for game development).

They have offices in Erlangen and Brno and their HQ is in Zurich (but I don't know if any dev work goes on there).
Right enough Yeah Erlangen and Brno would be their main studios and Zurich probably dealing with the accounting and maybe marketing?
But They can't honestly think that we are going to believe they are only opening the office in Chicago for customer service and a community manager. I'd be shocked if they haven't got a small artist team in Chicago within 5 years...
Anywho I've side tracked the topic enough....
The new terrain looks good can't wait to see how it looks in the gameplay footage at the farmcon just 10 days away now and a big welcome to Kermit too, may he have a long and prosperous term as community manager :D
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Re: Farming Simulator Podcast #9: FS22 Terrain, FarmCon, new Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Cleaned thread. Issued warnings.
Folks, y'all need to use the report button instead of starting to report and then keep going. /topic
FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:39 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:29 pm The Chicago one hasn't opened yet. They've got one employee for Chicago but no office yet; Kerminator is working for home (and currently it's just going to be a community hub rather than for game development).

They have offices in Erlangen and Brno and their HQ is in Zurich (but I don't know if any dev work goes on there).
Right enough Yeah Erlangen and Brno would be their main studios and Zurich probably dealing with the accounting and maybe marketing?
But They can't honestly think that we are going to believe they are only opening the office in Chicago for customer service and a community manager. I'd be shocked if they haven't got a small artist team in Chicago within 5 years...
To clarify, Brno is Artists, Erlangen is Marketing as well as Development and the Zürich office is the HQ where it all began, with the majority of development being done there aside from Administrative things that aren't location specific.

And no, Chicago is not just CS and Community, it'll also deal with Events in the Americas. It will stay small in the beginning but we'll see where the journey goes.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Thank you