Precision Farming: New free DLC for Farming Simulator 22

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Precision Farming: New free DLC for Farming Simulator 22

Post by Chaki »

Prepare for more Precision Farming technology in Farming Simulator 22!
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
BernardC

Re: Precision Farming: New free DLC for Farming Simulator 22

Post by BernardC »

So more Precision Farming for FS19 is over, and for FS22 next spring means Spring 2022
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BernardC wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:02 pm So more Precision Farming for FS19 is over
A good question that it would be nice to have an answer for.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

BernardC wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:02 pm So more Precision Farming for FS19 is over, and for FS22 next spring means Spring 2022
No surprise here, as soon as Giants start talking about the next edition, they abandon the current.

Which is the way that most company work...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Yeah Giants really need to take whoever is in charge of Promoting this and explain to them how promoting a DLC that won't come out for another 9 months on a game that won't be out for another 4 months is not a good strategy. Again with all the post around the Precision DLC series which look like will come every year for a while I assume they always come far too early or say very little indeed....
Having the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research from the Polish Academy of Sciences would suggest the next DLC may be Animal based which should be interesting maybe we will have young animals in fs22???
Desardh
GIANTS Software | Content Marketing Manager

Post by Desardh »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:35 am Yeah Giants really need to take whoever is in charge of Promoting this and explain to them how promoting a DLC that won't come out for another 9 months on a game that won't be out for another 4 months is not a good strategy.
This is an announcement, not really a promotion. As it is stated in the article, it's a project led by the EU institution EIT Food and John Deere. Different rules and strategies here compared to just announcing a DLC independently made by us. :wink:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I expected precision farming to be part of the base game given the time they had/have.
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though, given their odd way or thinking.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

You would think this was a part of the base game but no...guess Giants don't have the knowledge to develop something like this. Sad.

We'll see next week in the Farmcon presentation but if the game feels the same as FS19 it will be a huge dissapointment..
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Wow, I think you need some grass. Giants is still producing it with other companies. Please read what was wrote before you.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

h3rich wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:04 pm You would think this was a part of the base game but no...guess Giants don't have the knowledge to develop something like this. Sad.
Huh? You think the gaming side of this isn't created by GIANTS?

I expect one of the reasons it's not in the base game is because I guess only a limited number of users play with it. Or maybe they have a contract with EIT and it might not cover the lifespan of FS22 or future games. There could be any number of reasons.
Eische

Post by Eische »

PF is not in basegame because Giants is not the developer of this.
It is done by externals and Giants provides the necessary implementation support.

It was stated in one the interviews that it will be (needs to be) kept as DLC for legal purposes.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
punchi

Post by punchi »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:41 pm I expected precision farming to be part of the base game given the time they had/have.
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though, given their odd way or thinking.
You can literally see the answer to this above your post. Yet you didnt even manage to read it.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Eische wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:25 pm PF is not in basegame because Giants is not the developer of this.
No idea where this comes from but we actually develop Precision Farming with EIT and John Deere together.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Desardh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:44 am This is an announcement, not really a promotion. As it is stated in the article, it's a project led by the EU institution EIT Food and John Deere. Different rules and strategies here compared to just announcing a DLC independently made by us. :wink:
Thanks for the reply Desardh 😁 yeah I knew someone else had to behind the decision to announce a DLC 9 months early 🤣.
Look forward to it when it eventually comes out. Was it mentioned how long the precision farming series will last? 3 years maybe?
Eische

Post by Eische »

Chaki wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:19 pm
Eische wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:25 pm PF is not in basegame because Giants is not the developer of this.
No idea where this comes from but we actually develop Precision Farming with EIT and John Deere together.
Ok, I have to apologize for misunderstanding it in the following interview:

Starting at 18:20 it is mentioned that you/Giants is supporting this European project. For me that sounded like you are only supporting the implemetation.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker