Seasonal gameplay in Farming Simulator 22 - new screenshots & info!

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Seasonal gameplay in Farming Simulator 22 - new screenshots & info!

Post by Chaki »

New impressions!
Learn how the seasonal cycles change the visuals and the gameplay of Farming Simulator 22 ⛄
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Dezza69

Re: Seasonal gameplay in Farming Simulator 22 - new screenshots & info!

Post by Dezza69 »

Hello!

New features look awesome, very excited for Farming Simulator 22!

Question please, I like to play dedicated server multiplayer but as a single player and to test multiplayer mods even if just for me - will I need a dedicated server licence and for each DLC?

Thank you

(Just for FS19 I ended up buying 3 licences for each product)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Will there be an adjustment of year length like Seasons Mod has? I can guarantee 12 day years (3 day seasons) are to short for many players (myself included) to work our farms during.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Gorby252

Post by Gorby252 »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:10 pm Will there be an adjustment of year length like Seasons Mod has? I can guarantee 12 day years (3 day seasons) are to short for many players (myself included) to work our farms during.
I agreed.
Playing solo on a big map, with only one day by month seems difficult.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:10 pm Will there be an adjustment of year length like Seasons Mod has? I can guarantee 12 day years (3 day seasons) are to short for many players (myself included) to work our farms during.
I agree. 3 days per season is too short for me as well. What am I supposed to do with that lol? I'm hoping we can adjust the season length as well.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

It looks like you're doing seasonal cycles very good and should make the game more interesting, while keeping it relatively simple at the same time.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Definitely not impressed with the implementation of giants seasons cycle, everything looks really good but the 12 day year seems.... well for lack of a better word, awful. I feel like it’s going to feel like a speed run. The ability to lengthen the year would have been fantastic
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

What are you doing that can't be done in 72 real-time hours? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just struggling to understand. Do people currently run 6 or more days per season at 1x speed? I assumed they did multiple days but at a higher speed so the actual hours spent playing are about the same.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

muzickmage wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:43 pm
I agree. 3 days per season is too short for me as well. What am I supposed to do with that lol? I'm hoping we can adjust the season length as well.
where are people seeing a 3 day seasons? as the stream showed by month's not day's and i would guess they had it set short so they could show off all 4 seasons.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

coleislazy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:51 am
What are you doing that can't be done in 72 real-time hours? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just struggling to understand. Do people currently run 6 or more days per season at 1x speed? I assumed they did multiple days but at a higher speed so the actual hours spent playing are about the same.
Well for one thing, if youre trying to play realistically you would set a goal or limit to what you actually do in a days time. You wouldnt just set the speed to 1x and harvest half the map in a day. Then you have to account for rain days where you cant get anything done. Then theres the problem of not completing a field on the last day of a season and getting hit with a growth cycle. Thats just a few issues for starters
Playing on PC and PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

ace54858 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:01 am
muzickmage wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:43 pm
where are people seeing a 3 day seasons? as the stream showed by month's not day's and i would guess they had it set short so they could show off all 4 seasons.
SImple math... 1 day = 1 month, 12 months divided by 4 seasons = 3 day seasons
Playing on PC and PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Playing on a map that’s not standard size with realistic sized equipment. Not a owning a 16 row head on a 9240 to combine 90 acres. I believe my last save I ran about 1500 acres now figure 100-200 acres in a day of daylight hours double if I go all night (which I don’t care to) I’m going to need a combine per 200 acres to fit in the window, if I switch to a 16x map like I plan to I’m gonna need 30 flipping combines. I currently run 3 combines and if weather is icky find it difficult to finish in 12 day seasons playing 1x speed in time to drill in winter wheat, and now after remembering winter wheat I will now need 60 combines.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:51 am
Playing on a map that’s not standard size with realistic sized equipment. Not a owning a 16 row head on a 9240 to combine 90 acres. I believe my last save I ran about 1500 acres now figure 100-200 acres in a day of daylight hours double if I go all night (which I don’t care to) I’m going to need a combine per 200 acres to fit in the window, if I switch to a 16x map like I plan to I’m gonna need 30 flipping combines. I currently run 3 combines and if weather is icky find it difficult to finish in 12 day seasons playing 1x speed in time to drill in winter wheat, and now after remembering winter wheat I will now need 60 combines.
Basically this.
I currently run about 1/4 of a 4x map, or a whole standard map. Currently at 450hrs. Lots of hay in there so have to wait for weather Windows and then spent a few days there.
And it’s more like 36hrs if you leave out half the day, and even less with weather. I have 2 tractor over 100hrs and most are 35-50hrs on this save. I actually had to jump from 9 to 12 day seasons to have enough time to complete harvest running at real-time because of weather. (And I plant winter wheat which is its own set of challenges)
With the earlier mentioned hay I run 5-10hrs real-time in a row cutting with a Krone butterfly set which is a day, skip a day for drying, and day for raking and baling, and probably another to pick up.
And chores (livestock) easily can take 10 minutes.
Basically I run my equipment hard for long periods of time over lots of acres.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Eische

Post by Eische »

One could still argue that 4x maps are not officially in scope for Giants. Therefore they have no intention to include your "extrem" playstyles. Typical Giants map has around 60-80 hectares of initial field area. Even on the coming Elmcreek map it does not look like this will be increased drastically.
From this point of view, 3 day seasons make more sense as they need to find a good balance for all players.

With all those Seasons mod features already in the basegame, Realismus Modding has a very good starting base to adopt their idea for Seasons in a much easier way, I would guess.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Eische wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 am One could still argue that 4x maps are not officially in scope for Giants. Therefore they have no intention to include your "extrem" playstyles. Typical Giants map has around 60-80 hectares of initial field area. Even on the coming Elmcreek map it does not look like this will be increased drastically.
From this point of view, 3 day seasons make more sense as they need to find a good balance for all players.

With all those Seasons mod features already in the basegame, Realismus Modding has a very good starting base to adopt their idea for Seasons in a much easier way, I would guess.
I agree the base game is designed around standard sized maps. They need to keep it simple enough for consoles as well.
Even now, I find I adjust the game speed depending on what I'm doing. Adjusting to a 3 day season should be good for most.
Maybe additional length options will come in an update.