Seasonal gameplay in Farming Simulator 22 - new screenshots & info!

rewrew421

Re: Seasonal gameplay in Farming Simulator 22 - new screenshots & info!

Post by rewrew421 »

Posting my playstyle for "the record"

I play with 9 or 12 day seasons on a dedicated server, 1x time, just a couple of us guys who play maybe an hour or two a night and sometimes during harvest or planting season we may play for a 6 hour period.

We never adjust the game time, we simply jump on the server everyday and at very least feed and water the animals, this allows us to have "have a life" and also make the most of our gaming sessions by having lots todo on our farms when we choose to have extended play time.

If the 3 day season is the only method IMO it really takes a element out of it for us, if we run our server at 1x speed once a week we would have to play for extended hours and the cycle of plant and harvest would come way more often.

Our farms are like a hobby to us, just like a model farm on display except we get to play with it in a way we could only imagine when we where kids.

One of my mates just made a good point also, the way we play if the first day of fall is a Monday but not all players on the server are able to play many hours until the weekend such as to harvest there crops in the 3 day window, not to mention days lots to weather, then they lose there crop, the way we currently play there is a very long time frame where each player can accomplish there tasks.
jamespants

Post by jamespants »

Eische wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 am One could still argue that 4x maps are not officially in scope for Giants. Therefore they have no intention to include your "extrem" playstyles. Typical Giants map has around 60-80 hectares of initial field area. Even on the coming Elmcreek map it does not look like this will be increased drastically.
From this point of view, 3 day seasons make more sense as they need to find a good balance for all players.

With all those Seasons mod features already in the basegame, Realismus Modding has a very good starting base to adopt their idea for Seasons in a much easier way, I would guess.
It's not only about what can and cannot be done in a three day season. I'd say the biggest reason to turn on Seasons is to add more realism to the game. Seasons introduces planning and constraints a normal farmer would also face.
The fun thing about FS is that almost everyone can play it their own way. Some like the play it a little more arcade-ish, for them the three-day cycle might be fine. But locking seasons into only three time-segments per season excludes most players that prefer a little more realism. It forces me to do every odd job in one 'day' (day/night cycle). It might sound silly, but I like the fact that I had to care for my animals almost every day.

I'm also wondering how this ties in with the weather. On a 9-day season I'd have rainy days or snowy days. In a three 'day' season it might, snow, rain, freeze and thaw all in one day?
travistheblack

Post by travistheblack »

I have to agree with a lot of users.

1 day = 1 month is just flat out stupid.
i am still learning and researching fs22 but seriously look at the previous mods for seasons that i bet everyone who is interested has installed on fs19/17 etc. you had 3 options and just deciding to go hey we dont care how you play you will play the middle ground had me instantly cancel my preorder.
id rather wait, know i can turn off your seasons and cross my fingers that the original mod creators bring out a fs22 version.
You seem more interested that you can have a snowman in winter and have it change to a bbq in summer... WHO CARES!!

I personally want big maps.
more focus on A.I that will travel to fields and help out without getting stuck at every turn or telegraph pole.
I want to manage my farm. hire workers at a hourly rate that isnt 3000 euros but more like 20-30 euros.
I want a damage system. minor more like euro truck sim, doesnt have to be full damage.
i want force feedback in steering wheels.

And more inportantly after a extra year to work this out i want you to listen to the people who pay for these games and make the changes we want.

i really feel this is just fs19 with stuff seasons built in and a couple new crops that modders had already made.

oh look a 3d soil model system after a decade... erm your old friends at focus had saber bring out a who game based on mud and soil and you seem so fking proud you can now toggle a crappy 3D model. i want real soil mechanics after all these years!!

keep your money guys and dont waste your time
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

How long will trees take to grow in the new seasons? I'm assuming they won't take 35+ years to reach maturity....
And what about livestock will they continue to breed all year round or just in spring or autumn. All year round will work for dairy but certainly doesn't work for sheep.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:57 pm How long will trees take to grow in the new seasons? I'm assuming they won't take 35+ years to reach maturity....
And what about livestock will they continue to breed all year round or just in spring or autumn. All year round will work for dairy but certainly doesn't work for sheep.
It would also work for pigs and chickens (well as long as we don’t have totally open chicken pens like this time)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:58 pm It would also work for pigs and chickens (well as long as we don’t have totally open chicken pens like this time)
Yeah I had realised that but it was undermining my point so missed them out 🤣.
drewCZ

Post by drewCZ »

My point of view:
On SP game I'm playing Season for 1d/1M (like 22) and Time x1 and this is not feeling IRL. You lost focus on the year season.

On MP we are playing 3d/1M, and Time x3 which means a little bit faster 9 "days" for a season. You can feel better what time is for. In two people we have the same work on all of our fields at the same time. No work at nights, except harvest, etc. If 1d=1M, there is no way.
Consider that Season is used by players which choose and try to feel more reality in-game. Or simply GS can lose the "hardcore" players? Migration from 19 to 22 will be possible I think about autumn 2022 (based on my knowledge since FS13) and at this time, C&C will be...
dead or better than FS22 incl. Seasons mod ;-)
EDIT: C&C will be dead, based on today message about stopped development.
And what about GEO settings? In our country, we have big differences between each of the summer months, and now, each year is really different due to Seasons length. In the case of 1d=1M no chance, every year will be the same, because amount of time in-game (amount of "ticks", not related to time scale).

General question for GS:
I Hope G.S. can update this model back, to choose the number of days per month in-game. Simply why is not possible to keep this feature in the game? I understand their arguments about focus on the "widest" and "mid" group of players, but:
1. this is a question about default settings, which definitely solve these arguments from GS about the middle way for players!
2. I think Seasons mod is not for "each" player. Or maybe a lighter version, with snow missions combined with cotton harvest... Note for fighters: just kidding. Only the first point is meant seriously ;-)

Unfortunately, this implementation of the mod is shortening or "narrowed" the gameplay for me, more than the announced new feature.
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I was all set to buy this game and have been excited, but the implementation of 12 day years has completely changed my mind. I don't see me buying this game unless there is a way to change that.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Vfarms wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 am I was all set to buy this game and have been excited, but the implementation of 12 day years has completely changed my mind. I don't see me buying this game unless there is a way to change that.
If it helps you can slow time to 0.5x or even 0.3x I think.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Vfarms wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 am I was all set to buy this game and have been excited, but the implementation of 12 day years has completely changed my mind. I don't see me buying this game unless there is a way to change that.
A Giants developer suggested modders will expand and finish this functionality after release, despite most or all vocal members asking for an increase in days.
The developers workaround in the meantime is to slow time, which isn't a workaround because it doesn't change the number of days.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I've watched several streamers over the last couple of years saying that seasons must be in the basegame, it made me cringe every time as I could never see it being the same as the mod I enjoy.
drewCZ

Post by drewCZ »

Hooooray!
https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=270
Long story short: Longer seasons. You can increase the length of a MONTH up to 28 days. Changes take effect after the current season is completed.
Length of the season can be modified by settings!

Thanks for all the community to hold the flag :mrgreen:
And thanks to the GS for hear the community voice :coolnew:
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery