Seasonal gameplay in Farming Simulator 22 - new screenshots & info!

iwan073

Re: Seasonal gameplay in Farming Simulator 22 - new screenshots & info!

Post by iwan073 »

Emil Jørgensen wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:00 pm Aren't we gonna talk about the "gearbox" ui bottom right corner? (seen in seasonal changes video 2:00)
Guess we’re gonna find out what that does, tonight at farmcon
Ignorance is bliss
WiryMatteo1994

Post by WiryMatteo1994 »

Please add the possibility to change the length of the seasons, it seems so unrealistic to do all the work of a season in only three days (I mean in just three morning/evening cycles). It would be very nice also to implement temperatures of air and soil and make the seasons work with the precision farming DLC.
garyst

Post by garyst »

I am very disappointed on how very unrealistic that picture of the new holland combine cutting sorghum (milo) is. I have never seen a farmer cut milo all the way to the ground. The grain is at the top of the plant so you only need to cut the top of the plant. Cutting the whole stalk and putting it through the combine is just putting more strain and wear on the machine. You also would have to cut slower and would loose more grain out the back of the combine and have a greater fire risk. Looks as if the seeds were broadcast spread across the field instead of planted in rows like its supposed to be. Was looking forward to the new crop being added to the base game but now not so much.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

WiryMatteo1994 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 pm Please add the possibility to change the length of the seasons, it seems so unrealistic to do all the work of a season in only three days (I mean in just three morning/evening cycles). It would be very nice also to implement temperatures of air and soil and make the seasons work with the precision farming DLC.
Each month is 3 days
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

eric21 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:12 am
WiryMatteo1994 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 pm Please add the possibility to change the length of the seasons, it seems so unrealistic to do all the work of a season in only three days (I mean in just three morning/evening cycles). It would be very nice also to implement temperatures of air and soil and make the seasons work with the precision farming DLC.
Each month is 3 days
That is not correct. Each month is only 1 day...
So it`s 3 days per season.

Quote from the homepage:
The seasons in-game are divided into months. A year consists of twelve days. Meaning, each day in-game is the equivalent of a month. Using the timescale control, it is up to you how fast the days pass. Basically, a season can range from half an hour of playtime up to a long weekend.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

so I have a question for someone at Giants,

Have you overhauled the vehicle and equipment depreciation methods to now fit with the "12day" year, both in terms of depreciation driven by age and that of hours of work.

i.e. in fs19 etc 1 day was 1 year, thus for something to be 5 years old it only needed to be 5 days old, but in fs22 60days would be 5 years old.

and being that a year is 12 days, and there is potential more work to do that adds hours to vehicle and equipment in occupying your time.

so is this the case that this has changed rather than recycling fs19 depreciation methods?
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:22 pm
TobiHH wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:10 am
iwan073 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:03 am 72 real time hours to harvest your fields.
If you aren’t able to do that, you just own too much land.

To goal of this game is to farm. Not to own the whole map
You miss that you don`t always have 72 hours. What if it rains 2 days and it`s too wet to harvest? That happens in real life.
Also if you use realistic equipment and don`t harvest a 5 hectare field with a 13,7m corn header it takes some time to get the work done.
Yeah, so you can’t harvest because it rains. You’ll lose your crop. Just like in real life when the weather isn’t on your side.
that's so not how it work's in real life farmers have way more then 72 hour's to harvest a field annd fact they have to wait till the field dry's up enough after it rains so they don't get stuck in the field as well. so ya 3 day's for a season is way to short if there isn't an option to make it much longer i just simple won't use it and i am sure there are other's who won't either because of it as well 3 day's would be great for multiplayer.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

ace54858 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:05 pm
iwan073 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:22 pm
TobiHH wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:10 am

You miss that you don`t always have 72 hours. What if it rains 2 days and it`s too wet to harvest? That happens in real life.
Also if you use realistic equipment and don`t harvest a 5 hectare field with a 13,7m corn header it takes some time to get the work done.
Yeah, so you can’t harvest because it rains. You’ll lose your crop. Just like in real life when the weather isn’t on your side.
that's so not how it work's in real life farmers have way more then 72 hour's to harvest a field annd fact they have to wait till the field dry's up enough after it rains so they don't get stuck in the field as well. so ya 3 day's for a season is way to short if there isn't an option to make it much longer i just simple won't use it and i am sure there are other's who won't either because of it as well 3 day's would be great for multiplayer.
You totally missed my point.
Ignorance is bliss
empato

Post by empato »

And what`s your point? That it`s not the goal to own the whole map? Well, you don`t have to and the seasons length is still too short.

If you take a look to the crop calender, you will see that planting & harvesting time is (for most crops) only 2 month, so it`s not 72 hours but only 48 hours.
With 1 day rain, and some other work which needs to be done on the farm, your planting & harvesting window will be reduced to a few hours only.

You don`t even have to own 10% of the map and will not be able to finish the work in time.
This totally depends on your playstyle. At the moment I play with older equipment with max 3-5m working width. I play with 9 days per season and my savegame has around 100 hours.I`m just preparing for the first harvest, which will starts shortly. With only 3 days per season, and planting and harvesting window of only 2 days, it would be impossible to play like that.
Of course not everybody likes such slow progress, but for me the game is a marathon, not a sprint.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

So you have 48 hours to harvest your fields.
Seriously, if you’re unable to do that your equipment is either way to small or you own just too many fields.

Same with planting or cultivating.

Either get the amount of land that suits your equipment.
Or get the equipment that suits your amount of land.
Ignorance is bliss
empato

Post by empato »

My amount of land suits my equipment perfectly, and the other way round.

48 hours are nevertheless too short, if you play realistically. Show me one farmer who does all the cultivating or harvesting within 2 days.
And as mentioned, you don`t always have 48 hours. With bad weather, and some rest during the night, you only have perhaps 10-15 hours.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

It’s still a game…
Yeah, so it rains and you can’t harvest.

Imagine your crops being wasted by bad weather.

If you want everything 1:1 you’re better of buying a tractor and some land ;)
Ignorance is bliss
empato

Post by empato »

Correct, it`s a game.
And everybody who is complaining that seasons length is too short (and there are a lot of complains in the german forum as well) plays the game different than you.
It`s not about right or wrong. it`s simply to accept other people playstyle and not telling them that the used equipment is too small or that the owned land is not suitable. That´s maybe the case if playing the way you do, but it`s not universally valid.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:15 am So you have 48 hours to harvest your fields.
Seriously, if you’re unable to do that your equipment is either way to small or you own just too many fields.

Same with planting or cultivating.

Either get the amount of land that suits your equipment.
Or get the equipment that suits your amount of land.
Its not about the hours, its about the days. People like to play realistically and realistically you wouldnt work you whole farm in 2 or 3 days
Playing on PC and PS4
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

In FS17 and FS19 I would play with the seasons settings at 9 Day Seasons with the time scale set to x5... was perfect for my play style.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.