Production Chains in FS22: Introduction video + new screenshots!

Kerminator
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Production Chains in FS22: Introduction video + new screenshots!

Post by Kerminator »

Want to bake some cake?
Learn more about the production chains in Farming Simulator 22! 🍰
aka Kermit | Community Coordinator | FSL Caster
Mwal

Re: Production Chains in FS22: Introduction video + new screenshots!

Post by Mwal »

😑
guderian

Post by guderian »

you need strawberries to make cake. so this means a new kind of greenhouses with a seasonal cycle? Nice
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Wondering… let’s say I want to produce cake, but I don’t want to grow sugar canes. Will you be able to buy sugar from the store?
Ignorance is bliss
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

^^ I hope they're not scratching their heads right now wondering "Why didn't we think of that?"
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You could always grow sugar beet instead. It would make sense to have the individual ingredients available to buy though initially too.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I know right?
They have 120 days to make it happen :lol:
Ignorance is bliss
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It may already be possible, they just haven't covered that at Farmcon or stated it anywhere else yet.
jamespants

Post by jamespants »

Lots of features I'm really excited about, but this ain't one of them. This has nothing to do with farming, is not much fun with the current pallet physics and is actually really unrealistic. I can't get my head around the fact that if your game is called 'Farming Simulator' you choose to spend your very expensive development time on something that has absolutely nothing to do with farming, and not on things that urgently needed fixing since FS11. Focus on Farming, don't try to be ETS2 or ATS.

It feels like the game is getting more arcade-ish and less realistic by the title. Brighter, even more vibrant colors, mini-games like production chains, no focus on physics, seasons that are less elaborate than a bunch of unpaid devs made, still 2D soil.

This game is called Farming Simulator. Farming: "the activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock". The definition according to a dictionary. Sounds pretty spot on to me. Now that we've established what farming is, I'd say that the essentials to growing crops and raising livestock are tools and nature (weather, soil, seeds, animals etc). Pretty basic, but that's all you need to grow crops and raise livestock.
Why do the most essential necessities in farming barely get any attention? moreRealistic mod for FS11 and FS13 is STILL miles ahead of FS19. It's been ages! Tools (equipment) are part of the basics, this should be their top priority! This would improve engine and weight physics, pallet physics, bale handling, forestry..

And it seems to happen again with seasons. Now I know I'm typing this before the release, so things can still change. So let me emphasize the word seems here. It seems to happen again. I can't change season length? Excuse me? These are absolute basics! The mechanics of the FS19 Season mods is way ahead of the FS22 one. I really really hope to be proven wrong here.

I wish they'd spend more time on farming activities that need improving:
  • Soil. This is the most basic and most important part of farming. Still 'just' a texture with some values.
  • Weather. Equally as important to farming as soil. If you're developing a Farming Simulator, you need to get this right. Still, without mods, weather played no part in this game even in FS19. Absolutely ridiculous. My plants need water!
  • Physics and bale handling. How come my forks can pull back an entire bale? They should pull right out. Weight should play a more prominent role when pulling trailers and implements.

Fix how the game works, then fix how it looks and sounds. If it sounds like a tractor, but doesn't work like a tractor, it's not a tractor! I'd like to play this game, not watch how it looks and sounds.

Lets end this on a positive note, although I'm not agreeing with some of their choices and priorities, I'm still looking forward to the next installment. I've seen a lot of new features that I'm actually really looking forward to like the improved sounds, new build mode and the native inclusion of seasons.. well it's a start, and I still like it.

And of course it's easy for me to type all of this without having the worry of financial obligations and constraints. Running a company is hard and I know they're doing their best and I appreciate that.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

^^ I agree, and have been saying for a long time, finish what you have, then add more, if time allows.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Have to say I fully agree with jamespants comment.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

^^^ also agree 100%. All started with forestry. Not saying I don't enjoy a bit of forestry in the game, but there's many more things that can be done in regards to farming before they started throwing these non-farming activities into the game.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

gilroy222 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 pm ^^^ also agree 100%. All started with forestry. Not saying I don't enjoy a bit of forestry in the game, but there's many more things that can be done in regards to farming before they started throwing these non-farming activities into the game.
Forestry is ag…
This is bouncing around on the line of being ag.
I guess if it helps get sales from the players who love their GC and Shaba factories that’s all that matters to GIANTS,
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I expect their other purpose is to give the player more to do during quiet periods of the year - something they've not had to pad out until now.

To be fair, in the UK at least some farms do have their own dairies, small bakeries, wine, beer and gin productions and so on, some with their own fresh produce farm stores. Many farms have had to branch out in order to survive.

Still, while I'm unlikely to use most of the in built productions, it does open up some more detailed farming aspects for modders - things like raw milk sold on the farm vs pasteurised milk sold to shops, grain dryers and alcohol production (though I doubt GIANTS would allow the latter on the ModHub).
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:28 am Wondering… let’s say I want to produce cake, but I don’t want to grow sugar canes. Will you be able to buy sugar from the store?
I think I'd just edit the bakery xml and remove the requirement for sugar, that way no need to do sugar cane or sugar beets on my maps. I'd say I'm making the Diabetic friendly version of the cakes instead. That means I could probably raise the cake prices too in the the filltypes/fruittypes xml files.
this_is_gav wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:21 pm To be fair, in the UK at least some farms do have their own dairies, small bakeries, wine, beer and gin productions and so on, some with their own fresh produce farm stores. Many farms have had to branch out in order to survive.
I can't wait to be able to play and simulate my own version of Clarkson's Farm and have my own version of the Diddly Squat Farm Shop where I sell all my produced products.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*