Sound design improvements in Farming Simulator 22

Kerminator
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Sound design improvements in Farming Simulator 22

Post by Kerminator »

Farming Simulator 22 will feature various sound improvements. You can already listen to some of them in the videos below. Our two sound designers, Kris and Nils, present to you what they've been working on to improve the auditory experience in the game.
Grab your headphones and start listening!
aka Kermit | Community Coordinator | FSL Caster
Dapp

Re: Sound design improvements in Farming Simulator 22

Post by Dapp »

The sounds are fantastic Giants! :biggrin2: just a little shame they talk through all of the sounds... ah, we'll probably see more gameplay videos in te future. :coolnew:
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

This was a most needed upgrade. Can't wait to be able to hear them without someone talking over!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Cabin and animation sounds is probably the biggest upgrade, along with the transmission sounds being separate (at least I think that’s new) the motor sound is much more of a quality of life/background upgrade that isn’t as directly noticeable but serves as a good base to everything else.

Also I read this with the voice of the English translation guy for some reason… :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Got to give Giants a huge amount of credit here. FS19 was a massive bump in the road but from what we have learnt about 22… it seems that they have had a good old period of reflection and listened to their fans. The sounds in 19 were abysmal, this new system sounds like they have gone all out to sort it out and it really will transform the experience. No more plowing up hill at idle!!! Gears! The simulation of load and weight!!
Brilliant!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Turned FS19 on yesterday and realized (again) how annoying the monotone engine sound is.

It must drive my wife crazy when I play this game
Ignorance is bliss
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:08 am Turned FS19 on yesterday and realized (again) how annoying the monotone engine sound is.

It must drive my wife crazy when I play this game
Yeah, because we know women love real tractor noises! :mrgreen:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:16 am Yeah, because we know women love real tractor noises! :mrgreen:
uhhhh...

:mrgreen:
Ignorance is bliss
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Coldlandlord wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:39 am Got to give Giants a huge amount of credit here. FS19 was a massive bump in the road but from what we have learnt about 22… it seems that they have had a good old period of reflection and listened to their fans. The sounds in 19 were abysmal, this new system sounds like they have gone all out to sort it out and it really will transform the experience. No more plowing up hill at idle!!! Gears! The simulation of load and weight!!
Brilliant!
*thumbsup*

I agree!
Playing on Xbox since FS15
HungryCow212

Post by HungryCow212 »

Kerminator wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:32 pm Farming Simulator 22 will feature various sound improvements. You can already listen to some of them in the videos below. Our two sound designers, Kris and Nils, present to you what they've been working on to improve the auditory experience in the game.
Hey Kerminator, could you ask if the new Giants Loop Synthesis Tool will be made available to modders via GDN?
[HungryCow Design]
Kerminator
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Kerminator »

HungryCow212 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 pm
Kerminator wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:32 pm Farming Simulator 22 will feature various sound improvements. You can already listen to some of them in the videos below. Our two sound designers, Kris and Nils, present to you what they've been working on to improve the auditory experience in the game.
Hey Kerminator, could you ask if the new Giants Loop Synthesis Tool will be made available to modders via GDN?
Hey HungryCow!

We just got confirmation today that yes indeed the Loop Synthesis Tool will be available for Modders. More info & modding documentation to arrive at a later date.
aka Kermit | Community Coordinator | FSL Caster
tubezki

Post by tubezki »

@Kerminator Any news when that tool is released? I'm already waiting here ready to do some new sounds for upcoming mods...
Chambers29

Post by Chambers29 »

Previous games tractors made a clicking noise followed by air pressure release from brake system, this sound seems like it’s been altered for base game tractors in 22, is the sound actually needed as it is highly repetitive and I personally think detracts from the great job on the new sound profiles. Maybe it’s an EU thing? US tractors do not make that sound.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Sounds were perfect in the release version and now they are distorted again. Why on earth did you increase the sound level? Even if you had to why didn't you do it without distorting certain frequencies? Why do you always have to break things that are working perfectly? The way you do things is so frustrating.
PS5 / FS22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Other than congratulations on the improvements to the sounds themselves, 90% of the feedback on sounds were that they were far too quiet.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.