The first Gameplay Trailer for Farming Simulator 22 is here!

Kerminator
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

The first Gameplay Trailer for Farming Simulator 22 is here!

Post by Kerminator »

The first gameplay trailer for Farming Simulator 22 is here! 🚨
aka Kermit | Community Coordinator | FSL Caster
this_is_gav

Re: The first Gameplay Trailer for Farming Simulator 22 is here!

Post by this_is_gav »

Not enthused by this. My hype has flattened somewhat. The FS19 GamesCom video was brilliant. This less so.

Positives:
Small bales and especially small Massey baler
Destoning (I hope this can be turned off)

Negatives:
It all looks like Felsbrunn v2
The POM soil looks dreadful in this screenshot
So many square fields
AI doesn't look any better from the videos I've seen from Ambassadors
Swathes still look really small compared to the small baler and will be tiny with a bigger baler
Lighting and theme looks like FS19 again unlike some of the more recent screenshots

Edit:
White sky syndrome is back again (particularly the first screenshot of Haut-Beyleron).
We've still got blue sky when it's snowing heavily, same as the clear sky when it was raining in FS19.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

The texture in the "rock picker" are very, very, very bad.

Look at 0:54 in the trailer...that's ugly.

Apart that, few nice thing to notice.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
JuicyStuff

Post by JuicyStuff »

Last time people complained the lack of "warmth" in colors, and this time it's too cartoony? Nevermind the usual complaint of being a same game, which somehow is a bad thing in simulator-type game... :-?

Let's be honest here, all of them and us are going to buy this sooner or later, and it's going to be even bigger and better than FS19. The "lack" of new photorealistic graphics isn't much of an issue when hardly anyone has brand spanking new hardware in middle of recent chip shortages, and I see no reason why shader mods with pc-version can't provide for those who have. The performance optimizations they mentioned is the single most important thing for me, I have top of the line pc and still barely get 60fps in 4k with big farm yard and reasonable amount of modded equipment. Shader mods (like GShade) can make the game look much better with negligible performance costs, so the bottleneck seems to be somewhere between physics, synchronization and/or resource management.

Don't forget that last-gen consoles which came out like 8 years ago need to run this too, with a hardware that wasn't state of the art even back then. We all saw what happened with CP2077.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

JuicyStuff wrote: ↑Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:26 pm Last time people complained the lack of "warmth" in colors, and this time it's too cartoony? Nevermind the usual complaint of being a same game, which somehow is a bad thing in simulator-type game... :-?

Let's be honest here, all of them and us are going to buy this sooner or later, and it's going to be even bigger and better than FS19. The "lack" of new photorealistic graphics isn't much of an issue when hardly anyone has brand spanking new hardware in middle of recent chip shortages, and I see no reason why shader mods with pc-version can't provide for those who have. The performance optimizations they mentioned is the single most important thing for me, I have top of the line pc and still barely get 60fps in 4k with big farm yard and reasonable amount of modded equipment. Shader mods (like GShade) can make the game look much better with negligible performance costs, so the bottleneck seems to be somewhere between physics, synchronization and/or resource management.

Don't forget that last-gen consoles which came out like 8 years ago need to run this too, with a hardware that wasn't state of the art even back then. We all saw what happened with CP2077.
Complaining about complaining. *thumbsup*
Last edited by FarmBoss on Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

What a dissapointment!

It really doesn't look like a new game...same copy paste with a few new textures.

The wood claw in the chipper clip isn't even touching the tree...hydraulic hoses go through the trunk? Really?

Swaths and leaves dissapearing when working them. Interior mirrors are still useless by the looks of it. Deer looks like the ones from Deer hunter game back in the 90'.

Bale flipping when ejected?? Empty hills all around? 2D grapes?

Most the machines and equipment in the trailer working in the fields have clean tyres.

But there is an upside! The chicken at 0.20 in the video does look a little better.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

The textures look super weird, especially on the yellow Ponsse machines. It's like they are too flat or lack lighting/ reflections?

Also, what happened to the shadows?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I seen the video, I'm just here for the comments. Modders will have to save the day once again.

Also, are they rock picking a gravel road? It's like the weeds on 19. Let's just cover the whole field in rocks!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

After rewatching for small things I've noticed:

The car on the bridge is not only travelling quickly but is also braking for the junction (with brake lights). Does it stop? Probably not, but clearly there's a lot more emphasis on dynamic speeds for traffic.

As mentioned square bales flipping out of balers still hasn't been addressed. How many games is that now?

The forest tracks look pretty good, but the trees in it are still far too bright.

Every other car appears to be an old Citroen 2CV.

The urban areas look like a ghost town. There was no soul or life shown anywhere. There's no distance scenery on the map either. I can only assume it's unfinished, and if so you've got to question the decision to use it for the GamesCom promo.

Seeing an ambassador video the hired helper in the combine is still reversing through the crops, so hope for the "more realistic AI" that was promised in the first news blog about FS22 is quickly diminishing.

Massey Fergusons are not orange and white.

After the really encouraging FarmCon videos this felt like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Looking on social media the promo video and screenshots released today have been almost universally panned, and one of the most common criticisms was for the things we've been pleading to be addressed since FS19 came out (the environment and colour grading).

I really hope this video was from a really old WIP version and GIANTS have got something up their sleeves for tomorrow evening as I doubt today could have gone much worse.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Eyes balls are seared out from brightness… looks like FS19 in that regard.
But knowing what Shaders, Seasons, or Alternative settings made FS19 look like I won’t say it’s the end of the world.
Edit: Just looked at the France map photos, reminds me a lot of many FS19 UK/Eu maps with decorations and such.
Also the grade crossing with barriers looks way out of place in the video…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

DEERE317 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:00 pm Eyes balls are seared out from brightness… looks like FS19 in that regard.
But knowing what Shaders, Seasons, or Alternative settings made FS19 look like I won’t say it’s the end of the world.
Edit: Just looked at the France map photos, reminds me a lot of many FS19 UK/Eu maps with decorations and such.
Also the grade crossing with barriers looks way out of place in the video…
Yeah I'll be putting fences EVERYWHERE....
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

I think Giants is really good at making great-looking machinery and buildings. I also agree with anyone criticizing the environment. It’s just not on par with the rest.

Some tricks I believe could help:
  • More versions of each of the different trees and deco foliage types.
  • Gradient textures for everything environmental (trees, foliage, the ground, crops.)
  • Denser forests, more use of deco foliage.
If implemented, I believe the world would look less uniform, more realistic.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Instead of let's add this and let's add that, it should have been let's finish this and let's finish that.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Some more thoughts after seeing last night's stream, largely trying to concentrate on the positive side:

Worth saying again that it's great to see the small MF baler. Hopefully we get a nice Lizard (or branded) sled collector, grab and stack loader to go with it. And that bales can be moved by hand to feed animals and things.

Kenny was brave to try a live pallet move and... it worked! Even though he loaded it at an angle and with the pallet stuck on the end of the forks, it went on, stayed on and came off smoothly. Hopefully that's evidence that all the pallet handling has been improved and that it wasn't just a lucky pallet.

Deer were OK for the most part. A bit worrying that the first just spawned out of nowhere about 10-20m from the tractor though. It will be interesting to see how they react to buildings being built on top of their 'area' if there is such a thing. Crows flying through roofs wasn't great but it would be even worse to see deer walking through walls (or sliding along them like the dog sometimes did).

There was no sign of any hired worker references anywhere, not even in the F1 menus. :hmm:

The crop type could do with a text description next to the fill level (and throughout menus like the crop price screen), as I found the icons difficult to interpret. Both the icon and text are there on the overview map though.

I wonder why the PDA switched from round (which turned with the vehicle) to square (which didn't rotate, like in FS19). Is it vehicle or job dependant?

"Trailer fill limit" toggle in the pause menu with the description "Trailers can only be filled until the max. allowed weight is reached". If that's turned to on it presumably means that trailers might not fill to 100% capacity depending on the weight of the crop type?

0.33x and 0.5x time scales are in the menus, so at least a way of slowing down how long seasons last. Not ideal, but better than nothing at this stage.

Tyre tracks looked very good after the slurry spreading. A big improvement there.

The foliage circle was very close and jarring. If that was anywhere near max settings it's very worrying and I dread to think what it will be like on old gen consoles and low and medium end PCs.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

The fill type thing is surprising as it’s one the first things that got patched in FS19 due to basically no one liking it being missing.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.