Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Dezza69

Re: Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by Dezza69 »

Hello!

Apologies if this has been asked/answered elsewhere... but ... :)

Wondering if anyone knows whether a "dedicated server" app/executable will still be provided with the PC version??

If yes - will it also require dedicated license(s) for each DLC again, or (please, please!!) are Giants allowing a cloning of perhaps one set of license keys to be co-concurrently running with the dedicated server??

Thank you very much, appreciate any official details or links if possible.

Kind regards,

Dezza
FarmerJohn89

Re: Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:01 am Hello!

Apologies if this has been asked/answered elsewhere... but ... :)

Wondering if anyone knows whether a "dedicated server" app/executable will still be provided with the PC version??

If yes - will it also require dedicated license(s) for each DLC again, or (please, please!!) are Giants allowing a cloning of perhaps one set of license keys to be co-concurrently running with the dedicated server??

Thank you very much, appreciate any official details or links if possible.

Kind regards,

Dezza
I do believe if you buy a server from nitrado then you don't have to buy doubles of everything as they are a partner of giants so as long as you and everyone playing with you owns the DLC then it wouldn't be a problem... Of course if you rent from someone else then yeah business as usual I guess...
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:40 am
I do believe if you buy a server from nitrado then you don't have to buy doubles of everything as they are a partner of giants so as long as you and everyone playing with you owns the DLC then it wouldn't be a problem... Of course if you rent from someone else then yeah business as usual I guess...
Thanks, appreciate your response - however, I run my own server at home on my private network for me and paying for third-party host negates how I choose to do things.

Whilst not super impressed if I need to pay for three copies of everything, that’s how I play my game/test multiplayer mods.

Thanks again, kind regards.

Dezza
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 pm
j_maybury wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:46 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:38 pm Not necessarily. If you are on pc and want to play with a console user you have to use console mods only.
Does that mean all the modhub is going to be console friendly mods only?
No, They'll be other mods console can't get on the official modhub like scripts.
If they want to play with console user they have to turn off the 3rd party script mods and other real brand mods like Ford and other mods from 3rd party websites.
I think that they should have a labelling system for all mods made, right from day one of launch. otherwise, we will have tons of mods clogging up the smooth running of the game, maybe a colour coded border around the thumbnail would probably do the trick.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:04 pm
ASOLANDRI wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 pm
j_maybury wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:46 pm Does that mean all the modhub is going to be console friendly mods only?
No, They'll be other mods console can't get on the official modhub like scripts.
If they want to play with console user they have to turn off the 3rd party script mods and other real brand mods like Ford and other mods from 3rd party websites.
I think that they should have a labelling system for all mods made, right from day one of launch. otherwise, we will have tons of mods clogging up the smooth running of the game, maybe a colour coded border around the thumbnail would probably do the trick.
They will, it was said in the podcast that you will be able to filter out those mods that are compatible with crossplay and those that aren't.
And if you don't have the right mods to join a game the game will download the missing mods for you instead of having to write down all the missing mods and then go search and find the ones by yourself which will be a big bonus.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

It seems that they have become far more sensible since they kicked Focus out.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 pm It seems that they have become far more sensible since they kicked Focus out.
Probably also is why we had a 3 year wait for 22
No publisher contacts (presumably 1 game a year) = freedom to publish as they wish.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

We had a 3 year wait because of the release of the new consoles. Chaki has already said it.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmBoss wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:57 am We had a 3 year wait because of the release of the new consoles. Chaki has already said it.
May be part of it, but a decent bet it’s partially because their Focus contract ran out (and that’s almost definitely something that wouldn’t be in any public statements)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:41 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:57 am We had a 3 year wait because of the release of the new consoles. Chaki has already said it.
May be part of it, but a decent bet it’s partially because their Focus contract ran out (and that’s almost definitely something that wouldn’t be in any public statements)
We'll see if they keep up the 3 year cycle. I hope they do, for the good of the game, assuming the FS22 rollout is mostly painless.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Pretty sure they stated in one of the podcasts that one of the reasons they wanted to self publish is so they could do the 3 year cycle which would lead one to believe they plan to keep doing that going forward
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Well when you can sell a season pass at the same price as the game then why wouldn't you extend the game lifespan?
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:54 pm Well when you can sell a season pass at the same price as the game then why wouldn't you extend the game lifespan?
Have I got this right?
That you have to pay three times for the same game and hope that they release enough add-on's to make it worth your while?
Am I understanding this right?
If so, why would you risk it?
Why not just buy from steam just the once, then buy the DLC's when and if they merit buying?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

They said on the podcast that the value of the dlc would be greater than the value of the season pass. You can also buy the season pass after the dlcs release if your willing to wait for them all to release to verify they’re worth your money before purchasing any of them. Season passes are pretty standard video game stuff at this point and to be honest it has been for quite some time.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Mwal wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:27 am They said on the podcast that the value of the dlc would be greater than the value of the season pass. You can also buy the season pass after the dlcs release if your willing to wait for them all to release to verify they’re worth your money before purchasing any of them. Season passes are pretty standard video game stuff at this point and to be honest it has been for quite some time.
It's easy to say the value of the dlc will greater than the value of the season pass, since they can price the dlc any way they like.
Divide the price of the season pass by the number of dlc, then add 1. There you have the dlc more valuable.