Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

this_is_gav

Re: Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmBoss wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:32 pm We'll see if they keep up the 3 year cycle. I hope they do, for the good of the game, assuming the FS22 rollout is mostly painless.
"Year 1 Seasons Pass" could be an indication of that. While there's nothing stopping them having a "Year 2" one in the same year as what would be FS24, I can't see it personally. There's only been the small Rottne DLC this year.

I'm pretty sure part of the split from Focus was to have more control over releases dates, not that much has changed with FS22 from a brand perspective, but going forward it allows them to plan out future games much clearer.

FS19's release looked horribly rushed from a player's perspective so there was a sense of inevitability that FS2x was going to be more than 2 years after FS19, and hopefully the game shows it when it is released.

j_maybury wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:46 pm Have I got this right?
That you have to pay three times for the same game and hope that they release enough add-on's to make it worth your while?
Am I understanding this right?
If so, why would you risk it?
Why not just buy from steam just the once, then buy the DLC's when and if they merit buying?
They said on one of their podcasts the Seasons Pass isn't for everyone. It's for those who are diverse enough that they don't really care about what is released as they'll play with it anyway, so it works out cheaper for them.

I'm not that sort of player either, as I pick and choose which DLCs I want.
Mwal

Re: Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by Mwal »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:58 am
It's easy to say the value of the dlc will greater than the value of the season pass, since they can price the dlc any way they like.
Divide the price of the season pass by the number of dlc, then add 1. There you have the dlc more valuable.
Yes they could also make it one cent more and be correct but both would be incredibly stupid. It’s a year one season pass which says to me there will be a year 2 season pass and giants wouldn’t want to turn everyone off of buying it next year if this year doesn’t have any value. And again you have options, you can wait and see what the dlcs are.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:30 am "Year 1 Seasons Pass" could be an indication of that. While there's nothing stopping them having a "Year 2" one in the same year as what would be FS24, I can't see it personally. There's only been the small Rottne DLC this year.
And the Grimme Pack DLC
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Pekoo

Post by Pekoo »

I'm a big fan of the farming simulator franchise, but this crossplay announcement has let me down, this new feature will only bring more problems for a game that should improve in-game connections and communication.
The only beneficiaries were console players, PC players will have a decreased game even if they don't play in crossplay.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Pekoo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:10 pm I'm a big fan of the farming simulator franchise, but this crossplay announcement has let me down, this new feature will only bring more problems for a game that should improve in-game connections and communication.
The only beneficiaries were console players, PC players will have a decreased game even if they don't play in crossplay.
The PC users ain't gonna have limitations
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Pekoo

Post by Pekoo »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:50 pm
Pekoo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:10 pm I'm a big fan of the farming simulator franchise, but this crossplay announcement has let me down, this new feature will only bring more problems for a game that should improve in-game connections and communication.
of course, it won't limit the PC since it's the same game since 2013, how can you limit something that hasn't evolved? those who play on the console accept to be limited and still end up disturbing those who play on the PC, unfortunately it has become a game changing clothes, championships and season pass, simulation going further and further.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Dairydeere wrote:
And the Grimme Pack DLC
But that wasn't by GIANTS, it was by Team FSI.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:17 pm
Dairydeere wrote:
And the Grimme Pack DLC
How can a modder even make a DLC now I'm even confused :hmm:

Map/Playtime:
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:09 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:17 pm
Dairydeere wrote:
And the Grimme Pack DLC
How can a modder even make a DLC now I'm even confused :hmm:
They won a competition....
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:09 pm How can a modder even make a DLC now I'm even confused :hmm:
Modders who were placed in the 2017 Mod Contest had a chance to propose their own DLC ideas. The public were invited to vote for some of those ideas and GIANTS invited the chosen ones to their offices to discuss their proposal.

MattXJS's excellent Modern Classics DLC was released in 2018 for FS17 (available only to PC users due to a "number of issues" regarding console licensing), but made available for free to all in FS19 (minus the combine, of which there was a similar model already in FS19's base game).

Team FSI were given the chance to create their own DLC, but it, the Grimme DLC, was delayed (a lot) and so was only released four years later.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Pekoo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:08 pm
of course, it won't limit the PC since it's the same game since 2013, how can you limit something that hasn't evolved? those who play on the console accept to be limited and still end up disturbing those who play on the PC, unfortunately it has become a game changing clothes, championships and season pass, simulation going further and further.
Not evolved since 2013 is a joke right? FS15 is TERRIBLE compared to 19 (FS2013 is even worse), graphics, physics, mod handling, machinery, gameplay, etc.
And not sure what your last sentence is saying?
The game shouldn’t have highly requested player customization, Season Pass (which literally is just prebuying all the DLC’s and most games have), and the FSL? (Granted many here don’t like it, but the brands like it, and the casual player base do also so it almost definitely makes GIANTS money)

Also how will PC players be limited by cross play? They won’t be. It literally just allows PC and console servers to connect to each other, PC can still use all the mods they want to without hindrance (other than when playing with consoles, which legally can’t have many of the PC mods, Sony and Microsoft would make sure of that) so what’s your point?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm Also how will PC players be limited by cross play? They won’t be. It literally just allows PC and console servers to connect to each other, PC can still use all the mods they want to without hindrance (other than when playing with consoles, which legally can’t have many of the PC mods, Sony and Microsoft would make sure of that) so what’s your point?
According to the subreddit of r/farmingsimulator:
But you can still use filters to avoid crossplay servers and prevent players on other platforms from joining your server.
On PlayStation and Xbox consoles you can disable it in the system user preferences. Make sure to allow crossplay for the console user to make this feature available in-game.
Which means there is 100% possible to disable crossplay. *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:07 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm Also how will PC players be limited by cross play? They won’t be. It literally just allows PC and console servers to connect to each other, PC can still use all the mods they want to without hindrance (other than when playing with consoles, which legally can’t have many of the PC mods, Sony and Microsoft would make sure of that) so what’s your point?
According to the subreddit of r/farmingsimulator:
But you can still use filters to avoid crossplay servers and prevent players on other platforms from joining your server.
On PlayStation and Xbox consoles you can disable it in the system user preferences. Make sure to allow crossplay for the console user to make this feature available in-game.
Which means there is 100% possible to disable crossplay. *thumbsup*
Never said it couldn’t be disabled.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Pekoo

Post by Pekoo »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm
Pekoo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:08 pm

Not evolved since 2013 is a joke right? FS15 is TERRIBLE compared to 19 (FS2013 is even worse), graphics, physics, mod handling, machinery, gameplay, etc.
And not sure what your last sentence is saying?
The game shouldn’t have highly requested player customization, Season Pass (which literally is just prebuying all the DLC’s and most games have), and the FSL? (Granted many here don’t like it, but the brands like it, and the casual player base do also so it almost definitely makes GIANTS money)

Also how will PC players be limited by cross play? They won’t be. It literally just allows PC and console servers to connect to each other, PC can still use all the mods they want to without hindrance (other than when playing with consoles, which legally can’t have many of the PC mods, Sony and Microsoft would make sure of that) so what’s your point?

Well if you like to give money to the company to have a "simulator" with the sims gameplay, that's perfect.

I wouldn't have a character customization problem if the game really brought something innovative, when I say it's the same as in 2013 that's what I'm talking about, the same basic functions, the same object physics, the rain is the same, extremely simple animal husbandry , very simple crop management, economy should be improved, all the company does is take the best rated MODs and put them in the next versions, to this day we don't have a GPS system at the base of the game, sorry but this is not a simulator , became a game just to pay, where is the simulation?

About crossplay limiting the PC, even if I'm not going to crossplay the PC version has to be limited to not be superior to the consoles, that's the point, if the PC version were crafted to get all possible performance from a " farming simulator " on PC, would be many times superior to consoles, but as the important thing is to profit more and more, joining the platforms will increase the company's earnings, and the simulation? I'm a fan of the franchise and have been following it since landwirtschafts simulator 2008, and with each new version the game moves further away from the simulation and becomes a casual game.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

They call the game itself a sandbox, not really a Simulator. I would guess more people are happy about this than not. They have changed every single thing you mention since fs13 and if you can't see that you need help. Is it perfect? No, but they have adapted and who knows maybe fs22 will make it better.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.