Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by Chaki »

Big news, everyone! Farming Simulator 22 will support crossplay.
Find out more in our FAQ! 🥳
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
FarmerJohn89

Re: Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

I don't personally play multiplayer but I appreciate the effort Giants must of gone to, to get Sony to play ball. Very impressive indeed.
When you say the character creator news is coming soon you mean next week right????? :D
gordon861

Re: Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by gordon861 »

I hope they improve the MOD management in FS22 then, less of a problem on console, but there is a good chance PC players will have MODs that aren't available to console and trying to remember what ones need to be turned off/on depending on if you are playing online or your offline map could be a problem. This is generally not a problem on PC because we normally have the headroom in memory to have MODs enabled even if we aren't currently using them in the farm.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Desardh
GIANTS Software | Content Marketing Manager

Post by Desardh »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:22 pm When you say the character creator news is coming soon you mean next week right????? :D
:smileynew:
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

gordon861 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:40 pm I hope they improve the MOD management in FS22 then, less of a problem on console, but there is a good chance PC players will have MODs that aren't available to console and trying to remember what ones need to be turned off/on depending on if you are playing online or your offline map could be a problem. This is generally not a problem on PC because we normally have the headroom in memory to have MODs enabled even if we aren't currently using them in the farm.
The only way to manage mods, each map separately, plus it has a ton of tools. Used this all through 17 and 19, and hoping Giant will allow the Author to support FS22 with Dashboard.
https://farmwrangler.com/
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Does this mean that all mods are going to be built to the lowest standard platform?
Will we see a dumbing down of good content for the PC?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Not necessarily. If you are on pc and want to play with a console user you have to use console mods only.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Illinois Farmer wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:38 pm Not necessarily. If you are on pc and want to play with a console user you have to use console mods only.
Does that mean all the modhub is going to be console friendly mods only?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

No of course not.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Ritchie wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:53 pm No of course not.
Can we have that in writing by a member of the Giants team???
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Listen to today's podcast and it's all explained. Mods that are crossplay compatible will be identified as such in the modhub, there will be nothing stopping script mods coming to modhub because of crossplay.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Ritchie wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:17 pm Listen to today's podcast and it's all explained. Mods that are crossplay compatible will be identified as such in the modhub, there will be nothing stopping script mods coming to modhub because of crossplay.
Yes, I have just been listening to it while waiting for an answer, I am glad to hear that scripted mods will still be allowed on the modhub, but I am not pleased that it will take away some people that will mod for crossplay instead of making any scripted mods.
Because we both know that is bound to happen to some degree.
I will have to hope that all the people that make all the good scripted mods I use will still do the odd one now and then.
If not I will just have to fall back onto FS19.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I doubt anything will change from people working to get mods to console already in 17 & 19. Also multiplayer has been a part of the game for sometime and it’s not like there’s been a glut of multiplayer specific mods and to be honest I can’t even think of what that could be without scripts. I wouldn’t worry to much about changes to anything that haven’t already changed.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

j_maybury wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:46 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:38 pm Not necessarily. If you are on pc and want to play with a console user you have to use console mods only.
Does that mean all the modhub is going to be console friendly mods only?
No, They'll be other mods console can't get on the official modhub like scripts.
If they want to play with console user they have to turn off the 3rd party script mods and other real brand mods like Ford and other mods from 3rd party websites.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Super excited to see cross-platform come to FS22. I think this will open up the game quite a bit. One question though, as far as I know, console users have to use voice chat to communicate with other players since there is no text box, however on PC there has been a chat window. Will there be a universal text box available, or will we have to set up third party voice calls?

On the note of the current discussion, I don't think there will be any issues with how mods work. Cross platform will require all-platform mods, but that doesn't mean they'll be "dumbed down". Even the usage of that phrase is far from the reality that the all platform mods can be quite good. It just means that if a modder doesn't choose to put their mod on all platforms, it won't be "cross-platform compatible". However, with the trend we've seen in FS19 ModHub releases, I don't think there will be any shortage of mods to play with.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!