Production chains: All products, production plants and connections

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Production chains: All products, production plants and connections

Post by Chaki »

As more and more farmers look for additional ways to generate income, Farming Simulator 22 will offer you various opportunities to grow your farming operations. Don't stop at selling your fresh harvest: If you want more of the capitalism-flavored cake (made with regional ingredients only), and earn even more from your produce, start a production chain!
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Tiredasagiraffe

Re: Production chains: All products, production plants and connections

Post by Tiredasagiraffe »

I'll bee keeping an eye on this. :wink3:
Dapp

Post by Dapp »

So we will get bee's for honey? (Easter egg)
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

No McDonalds I am shocked. Well not that shocked but still.... Got to leave something for modders I guess....
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Dapp wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:41 pm So we will get bee's for honey? (Easter egg)
I was watching the gamescon coverage again the other day to see if there was stuff I missed (there was) and they did mention bees. It was a very brief mention and easily missed.

This was the fact sheet I had been looking forward to the most and I'm really excited by the productions chains. Even more so now they've shown things like clothing and Cereal. I had been wondering what they planned to do with corn and wool plus a few others. Now I can't wait to see what modders can do to add to this part of the game.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

There was a "bee house" in FS17 and it's probably not going to be much different to that, other than you can collect honey from them (no doubt on pallets, as how else do you collect honey? :confused2:).

I doubt you'll see bees flying around as soon as you place hives, but then FS15 had butterflies and FS17 had dandelion seed heads and some other green things I don't know (kind of look like floating viruses - maybe we should have taken note) so I suppose FS22 could have bees and other insects, though I doubt they'll suddenly spawn when you place bee hives.

I can't recall FS19 having anything at all in the air - another reason why it lacked atmosphere and immersion.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:03 pm I can't recall FS19 having anything at all in the air - another reason why it lacked atmosphere and immersion.
Do you not recall the crows that loved to spawn directly infront of you?

Would it be so hard to generate a flock of swan or geese flying over head in the spring and autumn?
Or seagulls following the plough?
Glad to s the deer in the game just hope there is more to come...
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:23 am Do you not recall the crows that loved to spawn directly infront of you?

Would it be so hard to generate a flock of swan or geese flying over head in the spring and autumn?
I was thinking along the lines of insects or other matter floating about in a seemingly random manner, not rather large birds. Geese are possible, but I guess they'd have to be on a spline and thus very repetitive currently.

Seagulls I'd like much more than crows, and indeed following ploughs and drills more than just randomly landing and taking off.

I don't think deer are confirmed yet. During the GamesCom broadcasts (I think) they said they were still WIP and hoped they would be ready for the final game and I've not read anything since then. They certainly weren't in a state suitable at that stage, just spawning out of nowhere a few metres ahead of the player.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:21 am
FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:23 am Do you not recall the crows that loved to spawn directly infront of you?

I was thinking along the lines of insects or other matter floating about in a seemingly random manner, not rather large birds. Geese are possible, but I guess they'd have to be on a spline and thus very repetitive currently.

Seagulls I'd like much more than crows, and indeed following ploughs and drills more than just randomly landing and taking off.

I don't think deer are confirmed yet. During the GamesCom broadcasts (I think) they said they were still WIP and hoped they would be ready for the final game and I've not read anything since then. They certainly weren't in a state suitable at that stage, just spawning out of nowhere a few metres ahead of the player.
Oxy had butterflies on Marwell near the bridge on the track to the back entrance to the shop, on the initial release they had collisions on them and became known as the killer butterflies as they stopped your tractor dead in its tracks :lol:
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

What will they do with the potatoes? Chips?
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

faruk9154 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:34 pm What will they do with the potatoes? Chips?
I dunno, looks like potatoes are still the red headed stepchild of FS crops
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Mwal wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:54 pm
faruk9154 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:34 pm What will they do with the potatoes? Chips?
I dunno, looks like potatoes are still the red headed stepchild of FS crops
Ever since they added the potato to the game, they don't care about the potatoes and their equipment.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

faruk9154 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:35 pm Ever since they added the potato to the game, they don't care about the potatoes and their equipment.
And about 15 minutes later, GIANTS post factsheets featuring new potato equipment. :mrgreen:

Of course it's not the equipment changes, more that they're approached in the same way grain is - plant, harvest, sell and that's it.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:53 pm
faruk9154 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:35 pm Ever since they added the potato to the game, they don't care about the potatoes and their equipment.
And about 15 minutes later, GIANTS post factsheets featuring new potato equipment. :mrgreen:

Of course it's not the equipment changes, more that they're approached in the same way grain is - plant, harvest, sell and that's it.
I saw. They have added great equipments. :mrgreen: However, there is no production chain related to potatoes. :neutralnew: They were supposed to put a production chain on all crops in the game. Maybe they did. They can also show it before the game comes out.
Last edited by faruk9154 on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

There's nothing stopping modders from making any, so I doubt you'll be waiting for too long.

Edit: And I know "leave it up to modders to fix" is an easy excuse, but it will be really quick to add productions the very lazy way. Frankly it will probably be a couple of XML files and 5 minutes in an image editor replace a couple of textures and you have a lazy way to make chips/crisps or whatever.

There are dozens and dozens of potential productions you could add - I don't think it's reasonable to expect GIANTS to create hundreds of them!
Last edited by this_is_gav on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.