Farm Animals & Wildlife: Trailer & Top 10 Reasons for Animal Husbandry!

FarmBoss

Re: Farm Animals & Wildlife: Trailer & Top 10 Reasons for Animal Husbandry!

Post by FarmBoss »

Chester98 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:21 am Well, I’m getting one thing on my wishlist..more wildlife. The deer’s nice, but I bet it’s just going to be does..no bucks or fawns.
We need beef cattle, male farm animals, baby farm animals, barn cats, rabbits, squirrels.
I understand Giants might not want to make anatomically correct male animals, but they could at least get rid of the udders and make the males bigger and stronger looking.
We also need wildlife to stop appearing out of thin air as seen at 0:22
this_is_gav

Re: Farm Animals & Wildlife: Trailer & Top 10 Reasons for Animal Husbandry!

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 am We also need wildlife to stop appearing out of thin air as seen at 0:22
The crow flying up from the pasture? If so I can see at 4K that he's nestling in the grass already, only flying up when the horse gets closer. I've a bigger issue with how the crow flies up personally (the way he takes off like a rocket, pointing directly at where he's going - if he actually flew like that he should be flying backwards!).

I did like how the other crow was walking over the top of the building rather than flying through it though - a small improvement to them there. I hope in the next game there are a few more bird varieties and more game-related ones, like seagulls following ploughs and drills (probably not as many as real life for performance reasons, but some would be better than none).

Deer certainly weren't ready from what we saw of the GamesCom stream and as such they wouldn't commit to confirming them, but their presence in yesterday's video 100% confirms them in the final game, so I hope they've improved how they spawn - I don't mind them spawning in the distance where they're barely visible, but not a matter of a few metres away as at GamesCom. I wonder how their area is set so they don't walk through buildings and trees and things. Use the snowmask perhaps?