Farm Animals & Wildlife: Trailer & Top 10 Reasons for Animal Husbandry!

this_is_gav

Re: Farm Animals & Wildlife: Trailer & Top 10 Reasons for Animal Husbandry!

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:06 pm Yeah sometimes I wish the marketing team would put out a *$#%§* media version and a nerd dedicated fan version because most the Deb blogs leave me with more questions than answers.....
It's a balancing act. Give enough to increase interest and hype without revealing the whole game and spoiling the release. When FS19 was released it felt old already.

That's why I hate "influencer" preview streams, aside from the fact that with FS19 they were utter dross.
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

First positives:
- animal models look really really nice, good job
- I like the robot / automatic feeder from LELY

Negatives:
- we still need to get water for animals? Even if they are in stable? If they are on the pasture i get it, but stable .. meh ..
- no offspring, cmon.. piglets, lambs, calves ? so random adult cow will spawn in our stable.. very realistic hahah
- also where are the bulls etc.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Yes love a bit of Lely equipment 😁
Was the Lely feed pusher a mod for FS19 or 17 maybe both.
Oh gosh it's not possible that they can't have young animals or male animals cause that would imply animals had *ex and therefore make the game 18+ rating... 🤣
I wonder how big you can make the animal pens at the back of the sheds ??... Huge hopefully....
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I have a feeling they don't quite have the mechanical for animal growth yet
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I really like the look of the animals, besides the fact that the horns are still there. I don’t know many places that leave the horns on their dairy cattle. Secondly, we still have to give them water? Curious what places in the world require water hauled in from an alternate source. Plumbing has been around for a very long time. Also, really hoping we can get real breed names (saw Holstein and Ayrshires in the video for sure). It’s a small thing, but a big deal for someone who calls a cow by a breed, not a color.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Two questions. Will there be a trailer for chickens, and will the sheep go poop?
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:41 pm Two questions. Will there be a trailer for chickens, and will the sheep go poop?
I hope so, an extra source of manure would always be good.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:41 pm Two questions. Will there be a trailer for chickens, and will the sheep go poop?
And a third one : Will grazing now be a thing?
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:41 pm Will there be a trailer for chickens,
I hope so because that'll be realistic. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

TomTom996 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:37 pm First positives:
- animal models look really really nice, good job
- I like the robot / automatic feeder from LELY

Negatives:
- we still need to get water for animals? Even if they are in stable? If they are on the pasture i get it, but stable .. meh ..
- no offspring, cmon.. piglets, lambs, calves ? so random adult cow will spawn in our stable.. very realistic hahah
- also where are the bulls etc.
Bulls hopefully are steers that are either eaten or in the process of getting there. Or at someone else’s farm at the minimum.

And hopefully the non existent/inaginary vet is handling everything related to that. (AI like seasons)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:55 pm I really like the look of the animals, besides the fact that the horns are still there. I don’t know many places that leave the horns on their dairy cattle. Secondly, we still have to give them water? Curious what places in the world require water hauled in from an alternate source. Plumbing has been around for a very long time. Also, really hoping we can get real breed names (saw Holstein and Ayrshires in the video for sure). It’s a small thing, but a big deal for someone who calls a cow by a breed, not a color.
I can't even say for sure how many fields I've seen without an auto-filling water trough in it, but it won't be many, regardless of whether it's currently a grain or grass field (obviously on mixed farms most fields vary and, in the UK at least, are usually grazing fields occasionally, while others have been grass as long as I can remember). Most of them have a water on tap though. That could be an extra winter job - placing underground pipes for water.

I'd take any-field-can-be-a-pasture-so-long-as-it-is-surrounded-by-X-and-has-Y-features over piped water if needs be though. A pasture needn't be a predesigned object, just a field where it is wholly enclosed by fences, walls and hedges (combinations possible) plus a gate. The objects placed in that field determine which animals can be placed there.

In the grand scheme of things having to haul water is a small mercy compared to some of the animal issues, most of which to be fair would be a nightmare to code. Still, it would be good to have a bit more variation and interaction to the animals, especially in the winter when they need a bit more attention in many climates.

Things like a circular cattle feeder where you just drop a bale in instead of having to use a mixer, and a bit more balance to feeding eg for cattle not having to do TMR for full yield (silage, grain and something like beets should be an alternative), or perhaps have different feed for different cattle (more grass-based feed for better milk production, a more varied diet for meat (or selling cattle in FS speak)).

I wonder what the age rating would be if they introduced mixed sexes and needed bulls and rams for producing calves and lambs - would the sales figures have a noticeable change? I guess GIANTS think so. That said we've a rooster for the hens for a while now and that didn't necessitate an age restriction. Even without males and females you could have calves and lambs spawning instead of fully-grown offspring for a bit more variety and the cute factor for young players. I can't see bottle feeding individual lambs ever being a thing, but a couple of growth stages for young animals would go some way to making the game feel a bit cuter and immersive.

Let's see what FS25(?) brings. They've had various ideas posted in various threads, so let's see if they like any of them.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would take a good us confinement building for hogs and cattle. I would also like beef cattle and the option to get pigs at different weights.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:15 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:41 pm Will there be a trailer for chickens,
I hope so because that'll be realistic. *thumbsup*
Yes, I agree it'd be realistic. They can't be expected to walk to the sale point.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:18 pm
I can't even say for sure how many fields I've seen without an auto-filling water trough in it, but it won't be many, regardless of whether it's currently a grain or grass field (obviously on mixed farms most fields vary and, in the UK at least, are usually grazing fields occasionally, while others have been grass as long as I can remember). Most of them have a water on tap though. That could be an extra winter job - placing underground pipes for water.

I'd take any-field-can-be-a-pasture-so-long-as-it-is-surrounded-by-X-and-has-Y-features over piped water if needs be though. A pasture needn't be a predesigned object, just a field where it is wholly enclosed by fences, walls and hedges (combinations possible) plus a gate. The objects placed in that field determine which animals can be placed there.

In the grand scheme of things having to haul water is a small mercy compared to some of the animal issues, most of which to be fair would be a nightmare to code. Still, it would be good to have a bit more variation and interaction to the animals, especially in the winter when they need a bit more attention in many climates.

Things like a circular cattle feeder where you just drop a bale in instead of having to use a mixer, and a bit more balance to feeding eg for cattle not having to do TMR for full yield (silage, grain and something like beets should be an alternative), or perhaps have different feed for different cattle (more grass-based feed for better milk production, a more varied diet for meat (or selling cattle in FS speak)).

I wonder what the age rating would be if they introduced mixed sexes and needed bulls and rams for producing calves and lambs - would the sales figures have a noticeable change? I guess GIANTS think so. That said we've a rooster for the hens for a while now and that didn't necessitate an age restriction. Even without males and females you could have calves and lambs spawning instead of fully-grown offspring for a bit more variety and the cute factor for young players. I can't see bottle feeding individual lambs ever being a thing, but a couple of growth stages for young animals would go some way to making the game feel a bit cuter and immersive.

Let's see what FS25(?) brings. They've had various ideas posted in various threads, so let's see if they like any of them.
All of that very true
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Chester98

Post by Chester98 »

Well, I’m getting one thing on my wishlist..more wildlife. The deer’s nice, but I bet it’s just going to be does..no bucks or fawns.
We need beef cattle, male farm animals, baby farm animals, barn cats, rabbits, squirrels.
I understand Giants might not want to make anatomically correct male animals, but they could at least get rid of the udders and make the males bigger and stronger looking.