Buy used vehicles and save money! Don't forget a new paint job, though...

Mwal

Re: Buy used vehicles and save money! Don't forget a new paint job, though...

Post by Mwal »

Sorry shouldn’t say bigger, more like different, chipping an engine for an extra 120 horse is a poor idea and that’s putting it nicely
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

well obviously chipping is never a good idea 😉😉😉

I noticed in the picture with the three tractors they all have for sale signs on do you think that they will be physically represented in the game or it's just a mock up for promo reasons.
Would be nice to have actual tractors at the tractor dealership....
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Kinda looks that way, it would be neat to drive by to see what’s for sale.
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:34 pm well obviously chipping is never a good idea 😉😉😉

I noticed in the picture with the three tractors they all have for sale signs on do you think that they will be physically represented in the game or it's just a mock up for promo reasons.
Would be nice to have actual tractors at the tractor dealership....
Nah they just did that for a cool screenshot. It probably made with new license plate feautre.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Super excited that this feature got revisited and revamped from FS17! I also like that machines never fully come back to the quality of a new machine; this seems to be something that was never addressed before, that you could buy something used on sale and get the same quality as new.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

This is really good news and as has been said should really help a new farmer get up and going. I like the mod in FS 19 that added new/used equipment but never really used it as repairing it put it back to 100% percent status so you were really just discounting the vehicle and making it new. And as we know there was no difference in performance between a tractor with 1hr on it or 150hrs as long as it was fully repaired. So I really like the idea that a used tractor won't perform like a new one. I'm also hoping that this will also be the case with new vehicles, as the hours go up and it gets more and more use, it's performance will go down. I always wondered why vehicles depreciated in FS 19, but their performance stayed the same, as it made no sense to sell and replace a tractor with a lot of hours on it. Like you do in real life.
I also noticed one thing that no one has really mentioned yet and that is the blog states that there will be a "rotating" set of used vehicles. To me that means the game has a limited set of vehicles that will be offered as new. So if you really want that new JD X9 combine it might not be on the list, which would make sense as the X9 is still a new model and I doubt that anyone who has bought one has traded them in yet.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms