Buy used vehicles and save money! Don't forget a new paint job, though...

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Buy used vehicles and save money! Don't forget a new paint job, though...

Post by Chaki »

Big machines cost big money. Save on your dream machines! 😉
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
iwan073

Re: Buy used vehicles and save money! Don't forget a new paint job, though...

Post by iwan073 »

Nice. Love the fact that repairing doesn’t make it look brand new as well
Ignorance is bliss
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

GIANTS, I officially LOVE the lot of you! First, you give us the option to extend seasons length... and today, you answered my biggest question. Something I have wanted since you have introduced the feature into FS19. Maintenance and Repaint are now separate features... the way they was within the seasons mod of FS19. When Seasons 19 came out I absolutely loved being able to keep the wear and tear on the paintwork and actually make the equipment/vehicles LOOK used/older and not always perfect like they had just rolled off the showroom floor. :coolnew:

You know... FS19, I have around 1,800 something hours in. FS17 is my most played with just under 3,000 hours. I've got a sneaky feeling that FS22 is going to become my most played FS game to date. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

Nice, however something is unclear to me due to the screenshot of the Fendt 1000 Vario. Engine power is ranging from 396 to 517 HP, does it mean you can select what engine power it should have when buying?

That's not realistic, when buying a second hand tractor you can't decide what engine power it should have.
Eische

Post by Eische »

SnoopBok wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:58 pm That's not realistic, when buying a second hand tractor you can't decide what engine power it should have.
Actually you can...just look for the correct model :coolnew:
As the game offers only one dealership, ability to choose the engine power (tractor model) resembles the various offers at different dealerships in reality.

The other way around:
If each tractor model would be offered seperately (only model Fendt 1050 is in sale, but not the lower hp ones), your chances that a specific model is in sale will be drastically lower.

Job well done Giants!
From a gameplay perspective this seems to be the best solution.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

SnoopBok wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:58 pm Nice, however something is unclear to me due to the screenshot of the Fendt 1000 Vario. Engine power is ranging from 396 to 517 HP, does it mean you can select what engine power it should have when buying?

That's not realistic, when buying a second hand tractor you can't decide what engine power it should have.
It could be that the engine is knackered so the HP is all over the place 🤣.

Also glad to see the wearing parts have been better thought out.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yes definitely a "Thumbs Up" feature to see back in the base game. When starting out of maps and new saves, you can choose used equipment to get more equipment for your buck. Definitely helps the starting farmer kit themselves out with all items they need to do the work they intend to. Then they can aim to update and replace them later on.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

SnoopBok wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:58 pm Nice, however something is unclear to me due to the screenshot of the Fendt 1000 Vario. Engine power is ranging from 396 to 517 HP, does it mean you can select what engine power it should have when buying?

Agreed, used equipment should not be customizable in my opinion. Or if they are, "maintenance / work hour" should be charged in top of the price of the piece we are adding.

Appart that, that's a great news / feature again! Thanks Giants.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
tea addict

Post by tea addict »

alot of farmers in my area dont buy new tractors they still use the old ones, but then again lot of the farming is done my contractors with the newer machines, that struggle to get down farm tracks, its about the right machine for the job
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Agreed, used equipment should not be customizable in my opinion. Or if they are, "maintenance / work hour" should be charged in top of the price of the piece we are adding.

Appart that, that's a great news / feature again! Thanks Giants.
See I don't see it like that, I see it as Giants using the GUI to show multiple different pieces of equipment firstly, then when you click on the item you want in this example the Fendt 1000 Tractor, you're not then customising the Tractor but choosing the actual Second Hand Model you want. Like Eische said above, it would be pretty annoying everytime you went to the dealer to see if there was any second hand items you wanted and when you clicked on the menu it just showed you 4 John Deere 8R Tractors, the only difference between them being which spec engine was fitted.

The only thing I would say about the feature I don't agree with is that when buying a Used Vehicle and then repairing it you suddenly get 100% of it's performance back. I doubt the repair prices are that high that it makes it comparable with a new machine, so you'd almost always be better off buying the used machine and repairing it rather then buying new. Certainly for Tractor's and stuff I'd prefer it if the Power Reduction due to be Second Hand was permanent, and no amount of repair will restore it to 100% New Tractor level, however repairing it obviously restores from further worn down states when used back to what it had and started with when you bought it.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
garyst

Post by garyst »

Wonder if modded equipment can be added to the used equipment rotation, or will it only always be base game equipment?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m not a fan of selecting the engine size either, part of buying used is hunting around waiting until the right machine comes along. As far as buying used or new implement or tractors you totally can buy a used machine IRL and have less trouble than a new one. What you get with new is a warranty so it isn’t your dollar paying for major repairs. Big operations tend to buy brand new or lease to offset repairs and with a maintenance plan it saves them money. It makes sense when putting thousands of hours on in a couple year lease but smaller farmers who maybe put on a couple hundred a year at most can have a used machine last for years without much more than regular oil changes.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

So you go the local dealers they have a 1038 Fendt for sale but it doesn't have a enough power for your liking so you ask the dealer who knows someone who can get the tractor chipped to increase the Hp to your requirements ( If your a tractor manufacturer reading this farmers totally don't do this whatsoever...... 🙄🙄🙄)
and after you get it opened up to max hp you notice it needs wider tyres and whatever else you need to do that can be added as extra.... of course at a price.
I wonder if tyres will have wear? would be nice to have to replace the tyres every so often.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

That’s a bit different than dropping a bigger engine in a used tractor though
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Mwal wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:44 pm That’s a bit different than dropping a bigger engine in a used tractor though
It's not a "bigger" engine though.