About the AI worker in Farming Simulator 22...

bojanh66

Re: About the AI worker in Farming Simulator 22...

Post by bojanh66 »

Are Courseplay and AutoDrive devs working together with Giants now ?
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

bojanh66 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:25 pm Are Courseplay and AutoDrive devs working together with Giants now ?
noooo the people who make Courseplay are the people who made cattle and crops.
But after they ran out of money they might be back making mods again ..... maybe...

This is completely giants own work.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Wow, this is getting better and better. This is an important addition.
- Pay a worker to deliver equipment from the store, to my farm.
- Pay a worker to help take equipment to my fields, rather than making multiple tabbed trips.
- Take multiple loads to sell points simultaneously.
This will really improve the management side of things. Now that they've started it, it should get better and better with time.
I am more and more excited as we get closer to release. And, I'll be happy to say good riddance to the red-headed step child that is FS19.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:20 pm noooo the people who make Courseplay are the people who made cattle and crops.
But after they ran out of money they might be back making mods again ..... maybe...
The C&C guys left the project many years ago. The current dev team has nothing to do with that other game.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Amazing. It’s obviously going to have its limitations and it isn’t going to be a full on amalgamation of course play, auto drive and follow me mods but it’s going to make the game soo much better if you can get the workers to successfully drive equipment to a location, take your products to sell points etc. As far as field work goes, I hope there’s an option for headlands, especially for tillage and planting! Harvesting has never been a big problem because you can manually take out the headlands before setting the workers going.

I’m looking forward to how this feature develops. Would be nice if one day we could hire full time employees that we pay a salary to and then we can give them jobs via a management interface.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:05 am Wow, this is getting better and better. This is an important addition.
- Pay a worker to help take equipment to my fields, rather than making multiple tabbed trips.
This will really improve the management side of things. Now that they've started it, it should get better and better with time.
I am more and more excited as we get closer to release. And, I'll be happy to say good riddance to the red-headed step child that is FS19.
As a redhead I feel offended!
Ignorance is bliss
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:20 am
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:05 am Wow, this is getting better and better. This is an important addition.
As long as you weren't a step-child, you were likely still loved.
wrs

Post by wrs »

I am so pleased about this as If it works as intended all the mundane haulage and fieldwork that sometimes occurs when you play alone will be taken care of.
This has just made me buy FS22 as I was sitting on the fence until now.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:20 am
Iwan i dont remember you're hair being red in the photo you uploaded with the Fendt couple years back :hmm: :lol: :lol:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:22 am
Iwan i dont remember you're hair being red in the photo you uploaded with the Fendt couple years back :hmm: :lol: :lol:
Ssshhhht!
Ignorance is bliss
chlopac

Post by chlopac »

Also new midrange Case harvester in that first image. Nice!

chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

Stegei wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:34 pm There are various ways the mapper can go in and annotate various things to improve the system and make the ai take more realistic routes.
I’m very interested in how this will play out. I haven’t built a map from scratch since 17 but fell myself being drawn back into that madness. This feature looks to bring something new to the process that could prove to be very interesting.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

I remember way back when, GIANTS stated that a scripted feature needs to be in base game in order for a modder to implement variations. Pertaining to consoles. I can only imagine what type of mods we could get now with this new ai system
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

sittinhere wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:41 pm I remember way back when, GIANTS stated that a scripted feature needs to be in base game in order for a modder to implement variations. Pertaining to consoles. I can only imagine what type of mods we could get now with this new ai system
Indeed! 😃
Ignorance is bliss
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I know that they are working on it, but its a bit frustrating to see that the fieldwork part of those AI hasnt been touch at all

They still pretty dummy, running in crops, miss detection of obstacles, etc...

Hope that this will be in the top of the list for the first patch

Watch Mr FarmSimGuy streams from yesterday to understand what im talking about.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)