Nvidia DLSS and DLAA coming to Farming Simulator 22 (at launch!)

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Nvidia DLSS and DLAA coming to Farming Simulator 22 (at launch!)

Post by Chaki »

Don't worry about your frames: Nvidia's DLSS technology will be available in Farming Simulator 22 at launch!
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Dapp

Re: Nvidia DLSS and DLAA coming to Farming Simulator 22 (at launch!)

Post by Dapp »

Nothing about Amd's Fidelity fx feature?
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Yes yes yes. That's great. :D :D :D
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
troypeel467

Post by troypeel467 »

I seem to remember AMD's Fidelity FX was supposed to be supported by GIANTS, is this still the case? Also would like to know what resolution and what GPU that comparison video was using. I'm looking forward to the optimizations in FS22, but if the non DLSS part was say a 3080 at 4k then I'm a bit concerned with how my 6700 XT will do at 1440p.
Ryzen 7 5800X
RX 6700 XT
16GB RAM
Since FS11
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Yes I too would like to know what Giant's is doing for AMD users. And I think console users should also be concerned as both of the new consoles are built using AMD tech and not NVIDIA.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

So if I read correctly, nothing will change for me since i'm using an "old" 1070TI (x2) ?
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 pm So if I read correctly, nothing will change for me since i'm using an "old" 1070TI (x2) ?
Better frame rate?
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

deerefarm wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:37 pm Yes I too would like to know what Giant's is doing for AMD users. And I think console users should also be concerned as both of the new consoles are built using AMD tech and not NVIDIA.
FSR will be supported too, so that will probably benefit console users.
Miketeg wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 pm So if I read correctly, nothing will change for me since i'm using an "old" 1070TI (x2) ?
I think FSR is supported on Nvidia cards too, so that could benefit you.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

One more thought. I wish NVIDIA had provided more info on this video, as I believe the video was made by them. Usually when an independent reviewer does a benchmarking video they provide more info than just the FPS. I.E. what is the system this is being shown on, new, medium or old. RAM, CPU, Video Card, resolution etc. If this is a new PC with a 3080 video card then the performance isn't very good. But if it's an older PC with say 2060 then its a good sign and shows the performance an "average" user will expect to get. Without details, it's really just a marketing video.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

I don't know exactly what GPU this was from the top of my head, but I believe something like a 3060. The game is running at an 2160p output resolution with very high settings.
The rest of the PC is chosen to be powerful enough to not be the bottleneck, so that the numbers are almost pure defined by the GPU.

My 2080TI gets somewhere around 100-120FPS with native 4k and around 120-140 FPS with DLSS in Quality mode in the shown scenarios. Since the game does not really benefit from higher framerates (it's actually capped to 60fps if you don't enable dev mode), I would actually recommend using DLAA in that case. This comes with a marginal performance hit compared to native, but gives a slightly cleaner image.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Do these technologies tire the graphics card when it is constantly running while playing games?
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Stegei wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:02 pm I don't know exactly what GPU this was from the top of my head, but I believe something like a 3060. The game is running at an 2160p output resolution with very high settings.
The rest of the PC is chosen to be powerful enough to not be the bottleneck, so that the numbers are almost pure defined by the GPU.

My 2080TI gets somewhere around 100-120FPS with native 4k and around 120-140 FPS with DLSS in Quality mode in the shown scenarios. Since the game does not really benefit from higher framerates (it's actually capped to 60fps if you don't enable dev mode), I would actually recommend using DLAA in that case. This comes with a marginal performance hit compared to native, but gives a slightly cleaner image.
Thanks Stegei for answering the post and that's not bad for a 3060. Also thank you for answering the question that's been bugging me for a while. I have a pretty new system (1yr) and have tried and struggled to get more than 60fps from the game especially as I know I can run SOTR at 140fps. But I was never able to get more than 60fps at any resolution. Now I know why, there a cap. LOL should have known.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Great to see both DLSS and DLAA supported. Looking forward to use it from day 1 :)
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Stegei wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:02 pm I don't know exactly what GPU this was from the top of my head, but I believe something like a 3060. The game is running at an 2160p output resolution with very high settings.

"marginal performance hit compared"? What does it mean? Does it require a lot of performance?
sebasbmxer

Post by sebasbmxer »

how does this work on gtx videocards, i have a gtx 1060 but can i use the dlss option as well? or is it just rtx exclusive?