Patch 1.2 is here

iwan073

Re: Patch 1.2 is here

Post by iwan073 »

Koda's got game wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:58 pm What does the patch contain that we got this morning? 1.2.0.1 ?
We got another one?!
Ignorance is bliss
MusuoJoe

Post by MusuoJoe »

GazOrange01 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:52 pm pallets and fork lift flying all over the place? do i need to start a new save?
I have the same problem with chickens and Bee palettes, can't pick them up any more. Get flagged 'Item To Heavy'
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:49 pm Is it me, or has the gear shifting been improved?

Also like the extra game speed options (x360)
Be dod it has, the 7810 seems to have a smoother gear change now, another thing is the colour of the masseys as they look more red now, before the patch mine looked more orange than red lol

EDIT...no the Massey's still look slightly orange, I think it was due to the fact my game day had gone into evening so when it was that bit darker the red(orange) looked more red, a slight fiddle with tv settings has it back some bit normal, Giants did get the colour wrong because all other equipment in red is spot on, only Massey red is off.
EJ_Modding

Post by EJ_Modding »

I wasn't real happy with the release of FS22 and this patch hasn't made things much better.

We may need to rename the series to sleep simulator since I find myself sleeping through many days to be able to harvest fields even with seasonal planting off it still takes roughly 7 - 10 game days to harvest. Put an option sleep till harvest so I won't need to repeatedly sleep through many days. The game continues to crash when using lua scripts. The vehicles torque at the wheels seems insanely high since they slip on just about all surfaces. I'm all for nicer graphics but did you have to completely break everything else in the process? FS19 was a rock solid game and still is even though it lacks some of the graphic performance that FS22 has it still is a much more enjoyable game.

While I'm sure the aim is realism there are much better ways to achieve realism then destroying the usability of the vehicles. For instance I could crash into a building at full speed and my repairs are hardly affected how about maybe making that a bit more realistic where doing such a thing would require major repairs. I can drive a truck off a cliff, reset it to the shop and drive away as if nothing happened. That seems entirely realistic but planting crops need to be stretched out over several in game days to introduce realism lol. I'm sorry perhaps the people at giants have lost sight of actually game play and have focused too much on eye candy and added features rather then thinking the process out fully.

I'd love an opportunity to work at giants if Giants was willing to actually take some gameplay advice, but I'm fairly certain as long as sales of their game continues to increase the series will just churn out more appealing graphics and equipment while the underlying gameplay continues to suffer.

There comes a point where modding the game should be more regulated by giants, and what's the point of the game if you can just give yourself unlimited money and create mods to produce anything you want at 100x the desired stats. At some point Giants has to admit realism is largely in the appearance of the maps, vehicles, and environment and not so much in the actual game play and focus some efforts on the actual gameplay. The introduction of Seasons was a rather failed attempt at gameplay mechanics and the added factories are limited to one input per production so even a simple process of converting grass and chaff to silage require two separate productions. I'm depressed I couldn't have had some input into this release of FS22 considering the massive amount of improvements I could have had on the development of this release but none the less my 50 bucks is now in the hands of Giants so I suppose we'll just have to accept what we get and either play it or find another role playing game.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

fully agree with you. they could improve FS19, sell DLCs with new means, new maps etc. with this release they made the biggest flop in farming history and in my opinion patches won't be enough to fix a completely wrong game
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

michele1048 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:33 am fully agree with you. they could improve FS19, sell DLCs with new means, new maps etc. with this release they made the biggest flop in farming history and in my opinion patches won't be enough to fix a completely wrong game
You know they sold 1.5 million copies in the first week right? And by all records has been the best farming simulator released ever ...
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

EJ_Modding wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:46 am I'd love an opportunity to work at giants if Giants was willing to actually take some gameplay advice ...
"Work for GIANTS - We want you!"

--> "Gameplay Programmer" <--

viewtopic.php?f=876&t=152064
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:08 pm
You know they sold 1.5 million copies in the first week right? And by all records has been the best farming simulator released ever ...
You can sell well and still be a flop. It’s kind of a mess right now so flop is a pretty fair word haha. I’ve been here a few years, just wait and see how bad it gets on here after Christmas if it’s still messed up.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

having sold many copies in the first week, because everyone expected to buy a game vers.1.0 and not a beta version and receive a patch that made the game worse and therefore all old and new customers pre-ordered it and bought it as soon as it came out. I would like to ask those millions of customers if they would buy it now. they say it is the best simulator released by Giants, it could be if everything worked as it should. personally I do not think it is the best, certainly some things are but unfortunately they are canceled by everything else
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Well I guess time will tell....
I assume there will be a patch 1.3 in January.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

michele1048 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:54 pm I would like to ask those millions of customers if they would buy it now.
Most definitely.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

michele1048 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:54 pm having sold many copies in the first week, because everyone expected to buy a game vers.1.0 and not a beta version and receive a patch that made the game worse and therefore all old and new customers pre-ordered it and bought it as soon as it came out. I would like to ask those millions of customers if they would buy it now. they say it is the best simulator released by Giants, it could be if everything worked as it should. personally I do not think it is the best, certainly some things are but unfortunately they are canceled by everything else
Can’t please everyone I guess. However many people are enjoying the game and have no issues or very minor issue. I for one think this is the best farm sim they’ve came out with and I’ve been with them from start. But everyone is entitled to their opinion to a certain extent. Have a good day
Florish

Post by Florish »

Ps5 just updated to 1.2.0.2 , wondering what is New...
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Samofan

Post by Samofan »

Mmm,it´s a new game...every new game has problems /bugs...and must be patched...and if you want to solve all the problemen there will be many patches andit will never be perfect ...so patience is a good thing...the thing about the crates: very few People can lift over 400 kg in real life so it´s more realistic...
chlopac

Post by chlopac »

chlopac wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:30 pm Thank you all in Giants. Perfect content update and patch.

there are only three more modes / vehicles and i will be 100% happy and i buy all yours season passes and dlcs...
- Case Puma Series
- Unverferth Seed Runner 3755 XL
- Kinze Grain Carts
Thank you giants for Kinze Grain Carts!

only two more