Patch 1.2 is here

chedder_farms

Re: Patch 1.2 is here

Post by chedder_farms »

Mwal wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:08 am
chedder_farms wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:57 am
Game developers love excuses like yours. Too bad your parents didn't teach you that suking on certain rod shaped things wasn't the best idea.
Wow, just wow. I thought you never attack anyone, just stick up for people getting attacked by “white knights”? Seems to me to me you like to run your homophobic mouth to make you feel better about whatever pathetic existence you must call real life to spend so much time trolling people on the forum of a game you hate so intensely.
Go a bit further and see what punchi was replying to. Then think again if I was sticking up for anyone getting attacked.
I'm with you more than you think.
Yeah, I was a bit harsh, my bad.
punchi

Post by punchi »

Game developers love excuses like yours. Too bad your parents didn't teach you that suking on certain rod shaped things wasn't the best idea.
Wow, just wow. I thought you never attack anyone, just stick up for people getting attacked by “white knights”? Seems to me to me you like to run your homophobic mouth to make you feel better about whatever pathetic existence you must call real life to spend so much time trolling people on the forum of a game you hate so intensely.
Guess his parents didnt taught him any manners Just nonsense talking to him, since he isnt smart enough to get the point anyways
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

punchi wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:21 am
Guess his parents didnt taught him any manners Just nonsense talking to him, since he isnt smart enough to get the point anyways
You make it too easy for me dude, saying I'm not smart enough, with your spelling and grammar, I'll let you off.
I got your point, but you didn't seem to get (or accept) the point of the person you were replying to.
Maybe my next reincarnation should be Robin Hood or some variation....stay tuned.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

What a truly sad individual you are, I just feel sorry for you now tbh. Just give it a rest, everyone is sick of your nonsense now.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

merry christmas, calm down, i had trouble updating the game to 1.2 suddenly after the third failed attempt in a very short time updated the game
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

chedder_farms wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:57 am Game developers love excuses like yours. Too bad your parents didn't teach you that kissing ass wasn't the best idea.
He's 100% correct though. For those old enough to remember the DOS days we had games that were so simple they fitted on a single floppy disk (and the smaller ones before the later ones), and compatibility issues barely existed because DOS had no real hardware-specific drivers back then, no DirectX/OpenGL/etc to worry about - only soundcards were a pain. Games were often platform exclusives too, so far easier to test and ensure compatibility, as often it was a non-starter.

In the Windows days I remember getting gaming and computer magazines which came bundled with CDs and later DVDs featuring game demos and... patches to fix game bugs.

I'm certainly not going to "kiss ass" though. There are no excuses for FS22's bug-ridden release. All programs come with bugs now - it's an unavoidable inevitability of designing software for modern platforms - but some of those bugs and the constant server issues are inexcusable. It's nothing new, every game released has had server issues, but with FS22 it's worse than ever to the point some can't play the game. That such a release fell so close to Christmas and the game isn't even playable for some (and in some ways won't be for some time) is bad planning to be kind.

Let's be honest though, the game isn't in a good place right now in terms of bugs, but it's no Big Rigs.
gotoone68

Post by gotoone68 »

I haven't had any issues with FS22. Runs great on my PC. I just want seasons and months to be completely shut off so it's like it used to be. I don't want and have never wanted seasons. this is my only complaint. As for the game it has worked for me since day one.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:50 pm
Let's be honest though, the game isn't in a good place right now in terms of bugs, but it's no Big Rigs.
You’re winner comrade.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

hello, ehh I also remember those times when the magazines like pcgame released the demos of the upcoming games. even in those days there were bugs, certainly not like today. but we cannot compare those games with those of today. certainly there are games that are over 20 years old and are still current, see company of heroes ETS etc. the problem of released games full of bugs is a recent rule due to the only real reason: to make lots of money and immediately. customers??? we will do the patches which many times are worse than the bug. we players should not rush to pre-order the game 1 year before its release or on the day of its release we would have to wait to check and then decide. that way they would think about it 10 times before releasing alpha games. Merry Christmas
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

I know there are going to be bugs. Always has been, and always will be. But making excuses for the developers isn't giving them any incentive to improve.
This is at least the third rotten release of FS, and it seems to be getting worse each time. I would have expected them to learn from past mistakes, and try to improve the process. It doesn't appear they tried to improve anything. Release it finished or not, and expect the players to tell them what needs fixing. I'd be embarrassed to be a developer on their team.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

this game has an old graphics engine. example: having an old car and trying to update it by installing electronic control unit, injection, turbo, etc. but instead of improving the car will have a lot of problems. this is the reason.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

michele1048 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:34 pm this game has an old graphics engine. example: having an old car and trying to update it by installing electronic control unit, injection, turbo, etc. but instead of improving the car will have a lot of problems. this is the reason.
right... :lol:
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

chedder_farms
I'd be embarrassed to be a developer on their team.
Probably why they can't seem to get anybody to work for them.
punchi

Post by punchi »

People think they are experts regarding engines when buying the FS :D
Quite fun to read!
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

punchi wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:06 am People think they are experts regarding engines when buying the FS :D
Quite fun to read!
Anyone with a little development experience knows what michele1048 is talking about. You don't know what experience they have.