Free Content Update #2 now available - download Patch 1.3!

re3el

Re: Free Content Update #2 now available - download Patch 1.3!

Post by re3el »

Oh sorry, this is about 1.3

I am a complete mess at multitasking 😅

We at Stadia we don't have such a thing.. if I read this, we should be happy with 1.2..
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Is Stadia relevant?
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I thought they said there wouldn't be mods for stadia?
Playing on PC and PS4
Merrlin

Post by Merrlin »

Yup… Giants Said from the beginning that there will be no Mods on Satia. At least for the time being.
Achimobil

Post by Achimobil »

Maybe a stupid question, but what is a Satia?
When I google it I only find shoes.
Support für meine Mods im Discord
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Achimobil wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:26 am Maybe a stupid question, but what is a Satia?
When I google it I only find shoes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Stadia
There you go.
re3el

Post by re3el »

Where did they say that? I watched about every preview from the developers. On fs19 they said they are looking into this. No news after that. Oh yes.. they hyped it was so easy now it is in game. The ONLY reason to buy it on Stadia, again.. I wouldn't if they haven't said that.

When they move it in game, that makes it a basegame feature. And those things should work, right out of the box.

Besides, they can't they say. Google restrictions. I talked to both. Giants is still looking (3 years)?

Well.. turns out.. Google wants to support, but I think the real reason is Giants crappy old custom engine they run.
Why else would you launch a new version on Stadia, for the premium price, without mentioning in the game description that it is a half game, in an alpha state. They knew they didn't fix this but still launch it.

They should accept Stadia as a faillure and remove their product. Or it should be kicked out by Googles quality control.

You can not sell cars with 3 wheels. Or tv's without a screen. Base game feature is base game feature.
Then they shouldn't have said it moved in-game.

And people not knowing what Stadia is? Please don't google it. Stay FAAAAAAAAAAR away from Stadia.

Saving up for a xbox.. but still.. basegame is basegame. If this was the case on ps or xbox, the community would be pi** too, right??

Now, the Stadia community has like ehhh.. 5 people?
But if you want to be on a platform you go all the way, or you don't bring it at all.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I think most people have voted with their feet, on Stadia and other such platforms (its a cloud gaming platform). In my mind, its in theory a good idea but in practice, asking the broadband link to stream gaming graphics with low latency (admittedly, you don't really need low latency in a farm simulator though) is asking a lot for broadband connections in most areas, maybe there's a few with a decent enough connection though.

I checked it out and its £44.99 - that's a fairly significant percentage of a decent gaming PC where the money could have better gone, IMHO. Its a worthwhile investment if you're into games.
re3el

Post by re3el »

Of course. Absolutely true.. BUT.. they want ro be there. You just can not get your feet wet and rhen bail out..

Feels like smelling money without the effort of supporting it..

They knew the could not deliver, but still launching it.

And then saying it is on microsoft, it is on stadia, we can not do...

It is probably their OWN outdated, crappy, custom, incompatibele game engine THEY choose to run.

I pretty much starting to believe that is actually the case with next-gen issues.

And they won't admit their FAILLURE.. as long as people buy it..

I just dont want to be in the middle of their fight. Nit a gamers concern. I just want to play a relaxing game.

Not a frustrating one..
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I can see why they can only offer the base game and not mods on Stadia, for the technical reasons behind it. I don't think its fair to say mods are "part" of the base game - they're extra downloaded things which would need each account to have a significant storage and execution area of its own, which I don't think was ever part of their plan. Are other games able to accommodate 3rd party mods on it?

Essentially, every commercial venture could be interpreted as "feels like smelling money without the effort of supporting it". You as a customer have a couple of options 1) ditch Stadia entirely, 2) get a refund on a game. I checked out the policies for a refund for you. It needs to be defective, not match the description, or less than 2 hours of play. They didn't advertise or promise mods on the Stadia version, so it needs to either be defective or <2 hours play to have any hope there.
re3el

Post by re3el »

Yes but getting an actually respons from them took months. This was actually a bug on ps4 not showing up. Stadia opened a case on this..

I don't want a refund. It is my absolute favorite game.

They need to fix that. And YES, every other developer can do this and actually DOING it.

Custom skins, weapons, addons.. WITH the Stadia store or within the game itself.

It just works. It MUST be Giants. Google wants to support, they actually told me!
re3el

Post by re3el »

Not 3rd party.. but modhub isnt 3rd party. This is controlled, tested and released by Giants.

We don't even get the stuff from Giants themself.

It is a really sad sad thing on Stadia and saving up for xbox.

And that isn't even Stadia's fault, but the lack of support from the developer.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

You have a binary choice though - pay the money for the product as-is or don't buy it (or get a refund). It *censored*, but that's the 2 choices. I've bought games I've not liked and written off the loss. I've not let the lack of features or some quirk or other frustrate me, particularly, and I've just moved on to something else.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

My opinion, if you're interested.
Scrap Stadia, and request a refund for this defective game.

Do not invest in a console for this game. There's only one option to buy, they know it, and they charge "AAA" price for a "A" game. And, you'll have limited mods.
Invest in a good PC which won't be much more than a console, it'll pay off in the long run just because of the choices you'll have.
re3el

Post by re3el »

Pc is really not an option for couch/tv, but maybe with geforce or something. Streaming from pc to tv I believe..

It frustrates me because it is my absolute nr1 game. Can I at least get an answer from them? Anywhere? If a fix is too much.. Only thing they say we give this to our developer team..

And it frustrates me because they can get the support they need and not doing anything with it.

I really don't want a refund, not the best experience, just the same one as the console version would be appreciated. We are paying customers too. Try to get support from them Stadia related..

I started saving up for xbox in the first place, but maybe going the pc way after all. In Stadia I do not invest anymore. With a BIG THANKS to Giants.. with their f...ing addictive games!!

I don't sit back and wait. But I will keep nagging on this until I get a decent answer from them.

Google did reply and is more then willing to help them out. So it is basically how much they want this.

Sorry for you guys, I don't like it this way either.

Aaaaaaaand we still are on 1.2 😏