Free Content Update #2 now available - download Patch 1.3!

Illinois Farmer

Re: Free Content Update #2 now available - download Patch 1.3!

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I play on my pc through my TV that also my Xbox is hooked through. It is the same set up for both, so pc on a couch is douable. You can still play with a controller and if you need a mouse or keypad then I would get a wireless one.
Also why would giants not allow mods on stadia when everything else does, so to me that sounds like a Google issue.
I know the switch allows dlc, but I think that is treated like the mobile version as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
re3el

Post by re3el »

That is the big question. Every other developer on the platform can do it and many are doing it.

It is also the ONLY game on the platform having issues.

And Google is willing to support..

I would really like to know that.
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,
re3el wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:52 pm I really don't want a refund, not the best experience, just the same one as the console version would be appreciated. We are paying customers too.
Regarding mods:
The big difference is that consoles and PC store their data locally, while stadia does this on their servers.
So Microsoft or Sony just need to provide access to the mods for download, while Stadia would need to reserve a few GB for every FS-player to store the personal choice of mods. Additionally, if you use a lot of resource-intensive mods, that will put additional load on the servers....

I still enjoy FS17 on the Nintendo Switch. No mods, no DLCs, no multiplayer. That makes it a different game to the PC version, yet planning in game is much easier, as there is no "oh i could use that in my game".

Elmike
re3el

Post by re3el »

I gave them multiple solutions for that. Adopting Google Drive (Google right?) is one of them.. Probably the best solution.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Bottom line is base game does not include mods, or access to mods, period. Consoles didn't have access to mods until FS17, but basegame was still the same for both consoles and pc.
Playing on PC and PS4
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,
re3el wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:47 pm I gave them multiple solutions for that. Adopting Google Drive (Google right?) is one of them.. Probably the best solution.
FS doesn't like the user directory being located on OneDrive, so i don't think google drive will work any better.
ciberboy

Post by ciberboy »

When can we expect for you to update the Stadia version to 1.3?
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I'm still having overheating issues (PS4 pro) as soon as I load into any map, with or without mods my PS4s fan goes into overdrive.....I close app and load into fs19. Seems to fix the issue perfectly
Cince

Post by Cince »

As I write this (15:00 pm Italian time) patch 1.3 is not available on Stadia.

We were not able to have the MOD HUB, despite the inquiries made both directly on the respective communities and directly, but between Giants and Google, I was always rebounded, and each offloaded the responsibility onto the other.

Now that one of the strengths of Stadia, namely the instant upload of game patches, is missing (with one of the titles that I play the most ever), it makes me sadly disappointed.

Also because I paid, not only for the game, but also for the service.
- Stadia Founder
- MSI Z590M Gaming Edge WiFI - Intel i7 11700 - NVIDIA GTX 3080 - Corsair 64Gb DDR4
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Cince wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:15 pm As I write this (15:00 pm Italian time) patch 1.3 is not available on Stadia.
At the moment we are still working with Google Stadia to launch the patch for our Stadia players ASAP but i don't have any ETA for it right now unfortunately.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Cince

Post by Cince »

Chaki wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:39 pm
Cince wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:15 pm As I write this (15:00 pm Italian time) patch 1.3 is not available on Stadia.
At the moment we are still working with Google Stadia to launch the patch for our Stadia players ASAP but i don't have any ETA for it right now unfortunately.
Thank you. I don't lose hope.

I understand that the Stadia community for FS 22 is small (about a hundred, unlike FS19 where we are 10 times more, strong also the fact that it was provided as a free title in 2019 for Pro accounts) and that working hard to make the gaming experience the best possible for so few people is more of a loss than a gain, but I really hope they can at least solve this patch problems.
For the Mod Hub, however, hopes have been lost for a long time :blushnew: .
- Stadia Founder
- MSI Z590M Gaming Edge WiFI - Intel i7 11700 - NVIDIA GTX 3080 - Corsair 64Gb DDR4
Boer-Muis

Post by Boer-Muis »

Chaki

Can you tell us if they are aware of the pallet strapping bug on dedi servers?

viewtopic.php?f=964&t=189251&p=1486527#p1486373

It broke the game and really need a hotfix.
Last edited by Boer-Muis on Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latury57

Post by Latury57 »

Cince wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:07 pm

I understand that the Stadia community for FS 22 is small (about a hundred, unlike FS19 where we are 10 times more, strong also the fact that it was provided as a free title in 2019 for Pro accounts) and that working hard to make the gaming experience the best possible for so few people is more of a loss than a gain, but I really hope they can at least solve this patch problems.
Hello, as you say Cince we may be a small community but we must not forget us either, we are still on the 1.2.0.0 update. I sent a private message on Google Stadia's twitter to find out if they had any info on the 1.3 update, they replied this.

{Thanks for reaching out, Latury. We understand this is important to you, but we don't have any news to share about Farming Simulator 22's update on Stadia. We'd suggest keeping an eye on our publisher friends @GIANTSSoftware for announcements about patch 1.3 on Stadia. We appreciate your patience.}

So we just have to wait. Good day to you. Sincerely Latury
Cince

Post by Cince »

Latury57 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:54 pm
Cince wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:07 pm

Hello, as you say Cince we may be a small community but we must not forget us either, we are still on the 1.2.0.0 update. I sent a private message on Google Stadia's twitter to find out if they had any info on the 1.3 update, they replied this.

{Thanks for reaching out, Latury. We understand this is important to you, but we don't have any news to share about Farming Simulator 22's update on Stadia. We'd suggest keeping an eye on our publisher friends @GIANTSSoftware for announcements about patch 1.3 on Stadia. We appreciate your patience.}

So we just have to wait. Good day to you. Sincerely Latury
I imagined. As I have already experienced for the Mod Hub part, and as written above, they play the bounce, the blame game. Then maybe, whoever writes to you as a social media manager, asks a technician who has no idea what Stadia is, so I always see an answer on the social channel as a "basic" information given by the first who passed by: D.

Of course I know that this patch is real because on the PC I updated it as soon as I read the news.
Now I am looking forward to the Stadia version, also because some errors are really annoying, it seems they are now all resolved.

Let's hold on!
- Stadia Founder
Cince

Post by Cince »

Boer-Muis wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:11 pm Chaki

Can you tell us if they are aware of the pallet strapping bug on dedi servers?

viewtopic.php?f=964&t=189251&p=1486527#p1486373

It broke the game and really need a hotfix.
in these cases, when the severity is great, I always recommend going through https://feedback.giants-software.com/

I have opened several reports and with patches etc, they have always been fixed ;)
- Stadia Founder