Precision Farming: Introducing The Environmental Score System

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Precision Farming: Introducing The Environmental Score System

Post by Chaki »

Want a perfect score for your farm? That's only possible with precision farming technology! 🤓
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
FarmerJohn89

Re: Precision Farming: Introducing The Environmental Score System

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

I'm assuming you gain another 15% on top of the yield bonuses for the likes of correct pH, no weeds and being fertilised?

Also you say that ploughing digs up weed seeds but it works both ways it also ploughs down weed seeds and reduces disease pressure on the surface which reduces fungicides requirements.
Instead I would of said it breaks down the soil which then releases carbon into the atmosphere.

I've noticed a lack of carbon mentions so maybe you guys are keeping that for PF year 3?
I'd prefer prescision livestock farming for year 3 but carbon and organic matter is 100% easier todo....

These post don't seem to get the attention they deserve I can only put it down to no one having anything nasty to say about it hence lack of comments.

I'm not good at compliments as I'm Scottish but I can only assume that you put out the Antonio Carraro DLC a weak scrawny DLC last month because you had this absolute beast in the wings ready to smash it this month....
DönëR

Post by DönëR »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:03 pm I'm assuming you gain another 15% on top of the yield bonuses for the likes of correct pH, no weeds and being fertilised?

Also you say that ploughing digs up weed seeds but it works both ways it also ploughs down weed seeds and reduces disease pressure on the surface which reduces fungicides requirements.
Instead I would of said it breaks down the soil which then releases carbon into the atmosphere.

I've noticed a lack of carbon mentions so maybe you guys are keeping that for PF year 3?
I'd prefer prescision livestock farming for year 3 but carbon and organic matter is 100% easier todo....

These post don't seem to get the attention they deserve I can only put it down to no one having anything nasty to say about it hence lack of comments.

I'm not good at compliments as I'm Scottish but I can only assume that you put out the Antonio Carraro DLC a weak scrawny DLC last month because you had this absolute beast in the wings ready to smash it this month....
You can find many comments in the german forum about this DLC with different opinions on the implementation of weed control and plowing.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

I’m a bit mixed when it comes to PF.

Firstly, with the current seasonal growth not allowing for double cropping and the lack of geographic seasonal patterns is it not going to apply a European styled process to every map regardless of the region, given most if not all the new PF process is unique to European practice?

Secondly, there’s no impact from excess crop moisture, soil compaction, drought on yield in the current FS22 and there’s never been any modelling of watercourse pollution? So there’s no actual environmental effects to go with the “score” other than point keeping?

There’s no failed germination modelled in the seasonal growth so therefore I could over till a field one year and spray the heck out of it and then the next year I get a free reset by direct drilling a new crop and then making minimal fertiliser applications with no catch? So there’s no second year carry over effects and still no crop rotation penalty?
Or say I put in a cover crop do I get penalised for plowing it under, does that affect my fertility rate on the next crop?

I’d be interested if there were some multi seasonal crops like alfalfa to change up the constant till/plant/harvest cycle. Not fussed about carbon credits because that’s just an absolute mess.

Be interested to see the seasonal growth at least get an overhaul to match the perceived depth of insight and immersion the PF is meant to add, then we’re talking,
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

The problem is they are attempting to adds bits and pieces of an extremely convoluted and complicated process that’s been being figured out for thousands of years and still is today. They need to stick with the simple stuff or go all in but instead they’re in this bad in between spot where they’re adding complicated practices that don’t make sense without context. Compaction is a good example, no gps with some of the features they’ve added is another. The no till farming is going to be messy with limitations of the game and the extremely simplified representation of tillage tools, planters and drills. There’s a bunch more things I can add but it all boils down to they’re getting to complicated before sorting the simple things.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

Totally agree; PF is becoming this hype train that doesn’t go far enough to add innovation to the format and it doesn’t dramatically alter gameplay. It’s almost hubris and yet it’s getting all this press when there’s glaring omissions and issues in the base game and current season model.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Say hi to Klaus Schwab for me Giants. Government funding for a "free mod" with features trying to get us accustomed to ESG scores.
Tealdog038

Post by Tealdog038 »

Some very good feedback here!!