Kubota Pack For Farming Simulator 22 Coming Soon!

Dreiviertel

Re: Kubota Pack For Farming Simulator 22 Coming Soon!

Post by Dreiviertel »

So, DLC 3 will be entry level large tractors then?
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
Drmpowerfarming

Post by Drmpowerfarming »

This, all of this is just a massive disappointment.

When the game first came out, I was willing to deal with the bugs and issues and I have a something like 250 hours playtime on 22 alone.

But I stopped playing when a significant bug i.e. Lack of FFB fit for purpose for Wheel players was completely ignored and marked as "Fixed" in an update when it clearly hadn't been addressed in the slightest.

And to see all this, Giants trying to glean players out of even more money for such a poorly optimised game makes a bit sick in my mouth.

It's quite disgusting that that Giants are charging the exact same price for the "Year 1" Season Pass as the Base game, with no idea of what you are actually paying for till it's out.

The content in the Season Pass is just not worth it. At all. Never mind a "Year 2" that we all know is coming.

But to then put "features" like "sitting in a passenger seat" (that you can already do for free with Mods) behind a paywall?

What an absolute joke.

Maybe if they tried to actually address the many and real genuine criticisms of the game and not just ignore Bug Reports, this all might have been better received.

But no.

Back to Truck Simulator.

At least I can play that in VR.
Drmpowerfarming

iwan073 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:35 pm
Orange Tiger NL wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:33 pm
iwan073 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:17 pm The passenger part will come with the game patch just before the dlc launch and is for everyone. Not just the dlc owners
No it don't, maybe you should read the blog.
Ahhhhhh. Fake news!

Anyways, I didn’t read that. But that’s such a weird decision.
Wonder why they did that
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Drmpowerfarming wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:36 am But I stopped playing when a significant bug i.e. Lack of FFB fit for purpose for Wheel players was completely ignored and marked as "Fixed" in an update when it clearly hadn't been addressed in the slightest.

And to see all this, Giants trying to glean players out of even more money for such a poorly optimised game makes a bit sick in my mouth.

It's quite disgusting that that Giants are charging the exact same price for the "Year 1" Season Pass as the Base game, with no idea of what you are actually paying for till it's out.

The content in the Season Pass is just not worth it. At all. Never mind a "Year 2" that we all know is coming.

But to then put "features" like "sitting in a passenger seat" (that you can already do for free with Mods) behind a paywall?

What an absolute joke.

Maybe if they tried to actually address the many and real genuine criticisms of the game and not just ignore Bug Reports, this all might have been better received.

But no.

Back to Truck Simulator.

You're still here despite, as you said, no longer playing the game :lol:

On "optimisation" - on my basic gaming rig (i5-9600k, GTX 1660 OC running at 1980 x 1080p) I also play ATS and ETS2. With mostly maxed out settings both make my CPU sit around 35% and the GPU sit at 85-90% avg. FS22 has better looking "maxed" out graphics - IN MY OPINION ON MY SYSTEM - and the CPU sits about 25-28% and the GPU about 65-80% depending whether in cab or out wandering around. Which with most other driving games you're quite limited in doing, BTW.

(edit:) in ATS and ETS2 you cannot connect the cables to the trailer. In FS22 it can be done, maybe with a (pretty cool) mod, but I'm not wanting to plug all the cables in at the moment, so user choice and all that.

Also in FS22 a forklift can be driven to load/unload the trailer(s).

And I'm finding the "force feedback" to be ok after spending some time with it on the G920. It's not as good as the ATS/ETS2 system, especially when combined with a SimHubDash Bass Shaker system, but hopefully Giants will improve their FFS in time. ...Notes show this DLC requires patch 1.6, so maybe something changes?? Who knows??

Anywasys, enjoy trucking. I often truck whilst my crops are growing on the dedicated server which all has a season pass ... so I'm quite looking forward to this DLC. And I'm rather enjoying air suspension in ETS2 after assigning some new buttons on my custom button box.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Is force feedback auto centering of the wheel?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

IceUul wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:33 am
ScotsDude73 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:23 am Would be curious to know how much Giant paid Kubota to have their equipment in FS22???
I am quite sure they did not pay anything. Kubota paid Giants or most likely nobody paid anybody.
It is both side cooperation. I think they both chose together which equipment would fit mostly in the game
and what equipment Kubota wanted to advertise.
Well I suppose technically they already had the license if they have Kverneland in game if Kubota own Kverneland. Then again I am probably wrong on that also because for if that were the case Kubota would have even been in the game ages ago. Probably Kverneland license doesn't cover Kubota. Then again its like you saying Giant didnt pay John Deere or Claas or New Holland or Case IH or any other major agricultural manufacturer and the list goes on...
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

M8 - 180-200 hp
M7 - 128-168 hp
M6 - 105-133 hp
M5 - 93-106 hp
M77 - loader
LA 2255 - loader
R640 - small wheel loader
SSV75 - skid steer
SVL97-2 - skid steer
RTV-XG850 - 17 hp utility vehicle
RTV-X1140 - larger utility vehicle

The good:

- Kubota is another brand and a popular brand at that.
- Multiple people can ride in some of the vehicles, good for multiplayer

The bad:
- More small equipment that the game is flooded with already
- I don't play multiplayer, so that functionality has no benefit to me
- I don't use skid steers because the loader mechanics *censored*
- I don't use utility vehicles because they are too small to do much and too expensive for any specialty roles I would use the for when I can just buy a different type of vehicle

Giants is 0/2 on the season pass so far.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

I'm out! Leaving this arcade madness and back to other proper simulators. What a dissapointment. Another flop from GS, locking features behind a DLC...it is obvious what kind of company this will be in a couple of years....and now i finally understand why the self publishing happened.

Get ready for loot boxes and pay-to-win mentality. I bet the next iteration will be combined mobile and PC+consoles.

And PLEASE somebody buy them a calendar.
Drmpowerfarming

Dezza69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:14 am
Drmpowerfarming wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:36 am But I stopped playing when a significant bug i.e. Lack of FFB fit for purpose for Wheel players was completely ignored and marked as "Fixed" in an update when it clearly hadn't been addressed in the slightest.

What an absolute joke.

But no.

Back to Truck Simulator.

You're still here despite, as you said, no longer playing the game :lol:

On "optimisation" - on my basic gaming rig (i5-9600k, GTX 1660 OC running at 1980 x 1080p) I also play ATS and ETS2. With mostly maxed out settings both make my CPU sit around 35% and the GPU sit at 85-90% avg. FS22 has better looking "maxed" out graphics - IN MY OPINION ON MY SYSTEM - and the CPU sits about 25-28% and the GPU about 65-80% depending whether in cab or out wandering around. Which with most other driving games you're quite limited in doing, BTW.

(edit:) in ATS and ETS2 you cannot connect the cables to the trailer. In FS22 it can be done, maybe with a (pretty cool) mod, but I'm not wanting to plug all the cables in at the moment, so user choice and all that.

Also in FS22 a forklift can be driven to load/unload the trailer(s).

And I'm finding the "force feedback" to be ok after spending some time with it on the G920. It's not as good as the ATS/ETS2 system, especially when combined with a SimHubDash Bass Shaker system, but hopefully Giants will improve their FFS in time. ...Notes show this DLC requires patch 1.6, so maybe something changes?? Who knows??

Anywasys, enjoy trucking. I often truck whilst my crops are growing on the dedicated server which all has a season pass ... so I'm quite looking forward to this DLC. And I'm rather enjoying air suspension in ETS2 after assigning some new buttons on my custom button box.
OH NO! YOU GOT ME! :gamer: What a hypocrite I am!

I'm here because the Kubota announcement popped up on my Steam Dashboard and it grated on me (even though I never do Multiplayer) to the point I needed to vent and I am STILL HERE because I am interested to see what other players are saying too.

I mean, I said I stopped playing. I didn't say I stopped caring, deleted and was never playing ever again... I have 260 hours on FS22, so while I definitely will not be purchasing the grossly overpriced Season Pass, nor either of the DLC's thus far individually, I will still be checking to see if the 1.6 update actually does anything significant outside of the DLC.

Optimisation is kind irrelevant to specific systems as the core point of optimisation is about having the game run smoothly on all different kinds of systems. Which it is clear, FS22 still does not.

I run an RTX2060 on Max GPU Settings and even with the 60FPS Unlocked, it barely goes over 60 FPS and will jump around 30 to 60 FPS dependent on the situation in game.

I wasn't really comparing FS22 with the Truck Sims because the Game Engines are being used to do fundamentally different things codewise, but if you want to use that as an example, on MY system, the Truck sims will run at an easy 90 - 100 FPS in Pancake mode.
Not sure what the FPS does in VR, but it is still 100% playable so it must be up around the 60 FPS which for VR Beta, I will happily take. FS22 doesn't even have a VR Beta, so again, incomparable really.

I actually use Manual Attach for Cables in FS22 - In the Truck sims, this is not something I have ever wanted to do.

As for Forklifts in FS22, that's all good and well, but what would be the point taking the time (and it will be a long time) loading your truck with the janky pallet physics, only to take 3 minutes to drive it 2 miles down the road on the tiny Farm Sim map?

As for the FFB in FS22, it's plain garbage and is ALSO incomparable with the Truck Sims (again, not that that is what I was trying to do).

I already aired my grievances about this here for full context: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=187234&p=1467460#p1466062

Like I say, I have 260 hours on FS22 and in turn almost 180 hours on ETS2 and 170 hours on ATS, so, I know how the games work, what they are designed to do and what they are capable of, but the points you have made in your valiant defence of Giants are flawed.

It's fair to say, that the biggest issue the majority of players have with this particular DLC, is that Giants have opted to put a basic, irrelevant "feature" (if we can even call "being a passenger" a feature) behind a massively overpriced paywall.

Thanks for joining in though, I guess....? *thumbsup*
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Bwahahahahar!!

:lol: :lol:

Geez .... like ... an essay!! To say nuthin’ :lol:
Demonitron

Post by Demonitron »

Drmpowerfarming wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:20 pm I run an RTX2060 on Max GPU Settings and even with the 60FPS Unlocked, it barely goes over 60 FPS and will jump around 30 to 60 FPS dependent on the situation in game.

I wasn't really comparing FS22 with the Truck Sims because the Game Engines are being used to do fundamentally different things codewise, but if you want to use that as an example, on MY system, the Truck sims will run at an easy 90 - 100 FPS in Pancake mode.
Why so concerned with frame rate though?

It's Farming Simulator.

Do you think if you have 30fps you'll be unable to track & capture a sneaky bale?

As long as the frame rate is 'playable' I'm pretty ok with how it runs currently. Have played on everything from a 750 Ti to a 3090 on varying resolutions, just adjusting settings appropriately ('medium' on the 750 Ti with a 720p monitor, 'all the things' for the 3090 & 1440p, for example).

I have Vsync enabled by default, on my 60Hz monitor, because running any GPU at 100% for the sake of it is just...feels dumb. Especially that 3090, whoo boy, she hungry!

I'm happy playing FS22 on a 750 Ti, a 1050 Ti, 1060, 1080 Ti or the 3090 because...I just enjoy the game, at a decent performance level, without scowling at FPS counters for the sake of it.

Sure, you could argue "IT SHOULD XYZ ON MY ABC!!! OTHERS GAMES DO!!!". But, eh. I would rather be peacefully tending my grape vines than getting all flustered over such things.
Drmpowerfarming

Demonitron wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:56 pm
Drmpowerfarming wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:20 pm I run an RTX2060 on Max GPU Settings and even with the 60FPS Unlocked, it barely goes over 60 FPS and will jump around 30 to 60 FPS dependent on the situation in game.

Why so concerned with frame rate though?

It's Farming Simulator.

Do you think if you have 30fps you'll be unable to track & capture a sneaky bale?

As long as the frame rate is 'playable' I'm pretty ok with how it runs currently. Have played on everything from a 750 Ti to a 3090 on varying resolutions, just adjusting settings appropriately ('medium' on the 750 Ti with a 720p monitor, 'all the things' for the 3090 & 1440p, for example).

I have Vsync enabled by default, on my 60Hz monitor, because running any GPU at 100% for the sake of it is just...feels dumb. Especially that 3090, whoo boy, she hungry!

I'm happy playing FS22 on a 750 Ti, a 1050 Ti, 1060, 1080 Ti or the 3090 because...I just enjoy the game, at a decent performance level, without scowling at FPS counters for the sake of it.

Sure, you could argue "IT SHOULD XYZ ON MY ABC!!! OTHERS GAMES DO!!!". But, eh. I would rather be peacefully tending my grape vines than getting all flustered over such things.
Bahaha, I take you are not a fan of Overclocking then.... I mean, I am not either, but why would you NOT run a game to the max settings of what the GPU is capable of?

That's like using a 4K TV just to watch VHS' on!

Also, keep in mind, depending on the actual GPU, running Max Graphics for any given game, doesn't mean your GPU is going to run at 100%, but gamers don't run Max Graphics "for the sake of it", they run it to get the best performance out of the game.... to assume otherwise just... feels dumb...

Bottom line is, I am happier than a Console player if I can get a rock solid 60 FPS on Ultra @ 1080p, but FS22 Can't even do this.

The poor framerate and fluctuations are clear indicators that FS22 has not been optimised.

But Giants are still putting a non feature behind a paywall.

This alone should be of concern to all players and the future of Farming Sim.

Initially I was happy with the performance on release as I figured there would be improvements, but clearly, there has not.

Look around, I am not the only player who has criticised this issue either.

You personally being able to enjoy a game at a "decent" performance level is one thing.

A modern game on PC not being optimised to run at it's ultimate performance level for whatever the system consists of is an entirely separate issue.

I didn't spend my time and money building up my PC/Sim Rig over the years to play with Console levels of performance on the most recent release of one of my most played game franchises.

If you are OK with FS22 as it stands, fantastic, but understand there are many, many players who are not, and despite being vocal about this issue, have had nothing done about it so far.

Cool? Cool.
Demonitron

Post by Demonitron »

Drmpowerfarming wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:20 pm Bahaha, I take you are not a fan of Overclocking then.... I mean, I am not either, but why would you NOT run a game to the max settings of what the GPU is capable of?

That's like using a 4K TV just to watch VHS' on!

Also, keep in mind, depending on the actual GPU, running Max Graphics for any given game, doesn't mean your GPU is going to run at 100%, but gamers don't run Max Graphics "for the sake of it", they run it to get the best performance out of the game.... to assume otherwise just... feels dumb...

Bottom line is, I am happier than a Console player if I can get a rock solid 60 FPS on Ultra @ 1080p, but FS22 Can't even do this.

The poor framerate and fluctuations are clear indicators that FS22 has not been optimised.

But Giants are still putting a non feature behind a paywall.

This alone should be of concern to all players and the future of Farming Sim.

Initially I was happy with the performance on release as I figured there would be improvements, but clearly, there has not.

Look around, I am not the only player who has criticised this issue either.

You personally being able to enjoy a game at a "decent" performance level is one thing.

A modern game on PC not being optimised to run at it's ultimate performance level for whatever the system consists of is an entirely separate issue.

I didn't spend my time and money building up my PC/Sim Rig over the years to play with Console levels of performance on the most recent release of one of my most played game franchises.

If you are OK with FS22 as it stands, fantastic, but understand there are many, many players who are not, and despite being vocal about this issue, have had nothing done about it so far.

Cool? Cool.
Oof, I'm getting one of those pigeon chess vibes now.

Well, you have fun being annoyed fren, you seem to quite enjoy it. Certainly more than the actual game, so I guess you are getting your monies worth after all. :)
eric21

Post by eric21 »

And yet you're still here? If you wanted different equipment you would said something different and don't lie.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Season pass is not worth it. Better to avoid that and only buy what you want.
Last edited by CoreyTr on Sat May 21, 2022 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.