Patch 1.6 for Farming Simulator 22 now available!

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Patch 1.6 for Farming Simulator 22 now available!

Post by Chaki »

It's patch time! As of today, patch 1.6 is available for Farming Simulator 22 - and brings a variety of optimizations and quality-of-(farming)-life improvements to the game. It's also needed for the Kubota Pack to work (available tomorrow). Find the patch notes below.
Note: The patch is currently rolling out across platforms and should appear within the next couple of hours.

Changelog: What's New in Patch 1.6?

Changes & Improvements
  • Added dual wheel config support to Trelleborg TH400 tires
  • Fixed animal husbandry manure output being limited to straw consumption
  • Fixed color configurations with large number of options in multiplayer
  • Fixed game crash after changing certain advanced FSR settings
  • Fixed issues with mod bales when 3d model is used from basegame and only textures from the mod
  • Fixed localization for collectibles in mods
  • Fixed mod input bindings being overwritten
  • Fixed prices page “Selling” price display
  • Fixed Rostselmash 2375 and Versatile WD4 displayed max speed in shop
  • Fixed Salek ANS-1900 AI support
  • Fixed usage of “fold all” input action when tools are attached that cannot be folded
  • Fixed Xerion 5000 map hotspot type
  • Improved drawbar behavior on Köckerling Allrounder 600
  • Improved Lemken Solitair 12 working behavior
  • Improved performance when toggling minimap size
  • Replaced Lemken Koralin 9-840 default wheel config
  • Slightly increased max. distance of high pressure washer
  • Various smaller visual and functional fixes on vehicles
  • When changing one of the FSR 1.0 options, the AA setting is automatically set to TAA - however, in game it is revealed that in fact TAA is not active.
  • Increased maximum size of installed mods to 8 GB on Xbox (Warning: You will have to reinstall all mods after this update)
New additions
  • Added multiplayer permission “Cut trees”
  • Added passenger support for various vehicles (requires Kubota DLC)
  • Added setting for adjusting framerate limit

Xbox specific change/warning
We added support for up to 8 GB of mods on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. This however, required us to reset all the installed mods. Please make sure you re-download all the mods you still need after the update.
If you have savegames that require mods that are no longer installed, the game will tell you which mods are missing for that savegame. Please make sure to install the missing mods before you load/save those savegames to avoid loosing any vehicles/item in the savegame.

New to the game?

If you need some help in starting out - visit our Farming Simulator Academy! We just opened the doors to a series of official tutorials, made by our games experts themselves. Text tutorials and videos will help you learn the game - with more and more topics being added over time. Check it out!
Don't miss any Farming Simulator news! Stay tuned and keep an eye on our channels: We're on Discord, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
cwattyeso

Re: Patch 1.6 for Farming Simulator 22 now available!

Post by cwattyeso »

No Fix for the Contracts Bug introduced in Version 1.5 and reported and discussed by many players? No fix for other bugs that have been submitted via the Bug Tracker after every update? I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated by this, having to re-submit and re-write Bug Reports on the Bug Tracker because they get closed with a generic response of "We have just released a new version which may or may not solve the issue you reported. If you are still experience this problem, please open and submit a new ticket." what is the point in us submitting reports, if you are not actually going to fix and address any of them?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Just an important mention regarding the new Fs22 v1.6 update... until GIANTS release GE 9.0.3, all maps you load in GE 9.0.2 will fail to load all foliage Layers, if you save this off it will potentially break all the foliage layers on your map.

If your on Steam roll back to Beta version 1.5, or if you have a direct download, don't download it yet if you wish to work on your own map in GE.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
empato

Post by empato »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:39 pm No Fix for the Contracts Bug introduced in Version 1.5 and reported and discussed by many players? No fix for other bugs that have been submitted via the Bug Tracker after every update? I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated by this, having to re-submit and re-write Bug Reports on the Bug Tracker because they get closed with a generic response of "We have just released a new version which may or may not solve the issue you reported. If you are still experience this problem, please open and submit a new ticket." what is the point in us submitting reports, if you are not actually going to fix and address any of them?
Reply from Chris in the german forum...

viewtopic.php?f=874&p=1518877#p1518877

translated:
Unfortunately there is nothing in 1.6 because the fix for it was finished too late for this patch. We'll see what we can do, otherwise this will come with 1.7.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Well that's why they should release Hotfixes, something like fixing the Missions System in game should not be held back for the next two or three months until 1.7 releases with the next DLC. It should be addressed now and there should be a 1.6.1.0 release or something.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
empato

Post by empato »

Totally agree. It`s not worth to play the game right now if you play it as contractor. Absolutly gamebreaking bug for me.
If it will take another two month for the next patch, it will be the last game I bought from them.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

I don't understand why it takes so long for an update when there are known issues.
Over a month from 1.5 to 1.6. How many months until 1.7?
BLUEBARE

Post by BLUEBARE »

When are they going to get the server update for 1.6 out? So my server company can update my game server to 1.6? They are saying they can't update it until you all release it.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Also don't discount this update itself bringing further bugs with it.
sila0164

Post by sila0164 »

One positive note is variable refresh rate at 144fps now works! Thank you for that Giants. Should've been in a long time ago, but its finally in. Its sooo much smoother.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Im on xbox series s. Got no patch 1.6 but it's saying that AGI pack needs to update. But not able to update as there is no update button, and i believe it even didn't got an update?🤔
garyst

Post by garyst »

Still don't have the update on Xbox yet :hmm:
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

garyst wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:50 pm Still don't have the update on Xbox yet :hmm:
Same, i hope i get it before the Kubota DLC is getting released!

Edit:
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

CoreyTr wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:33 pm I don't understand why it takes so long for an update when there are known issues.
They want all the platforms on the same version and don't want to go through the console patch process except for once prior to each DLC. The reason is either they're lazy and don't care or so short staff and under funded that it is a cost issue.

The only time stuff is hot fixed is if it completely breaks the game (crashes, breaking large aspect of the game, etc.). Anything that is tolerable, even though highly frustrating, gets pushed to the next release.

FS22 is really taking the shine off the next version of FS.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:22 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:33 pm I don't understand why it takes so long for an update when there are known issues.
They want all the platforms on the same version and don't want to go through the console patch process except for once prior to each DLC. The reason is either they're lazy and don't care or so short staff and under funded that it is a cost issue.

The only time stuff is hot fixed is if it completely breaks the game (crashes, breaking large aspect of the game, etc.). Anything that is tolerable, even though highly frustrating, gets pushed to the next release.

FS22 is really taking the shine off the next version of FS.
You're probably right, and I agree they likely don't care much once they have got sales out of the way.
Hello Games is a third of the size, and they manage to put out updates weekly, with just as many platforms to support.