Patch 1.6 for Farming Simulator 22 now available!

Mwal

Re: Patch 1.6 for Farming Simulator 22 now available!

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:34 pm
You're probably right, and I agree they likely don't care much once they have got sales out of the way.
Hello Games is a third of the size, and they manage to put out updates weekly, with just as many platforms to support.
I’m not saying it shouldn’t get fixed quickly but hello games is a terrible company as an example after they straight up lied about no mans sky to push copies. They’re an actual example of a greedy company in over there heads trying to turn a big profit hoping to fix it later before anyone noticed. Giants just needs to clean up there communication. If what the folks are saying is true about how long they’ve been doing bug reports they *censored* at relaying information and need a new something to handle bugs. Whether that’s a new system, management, or employees I don’t know but they definitely need to fix it. They also need to start looking at this forum as that threads been around for a while. To me all that’s a bit different than the mouthpiece of your company straight up lying.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:03 pm Just an important mention regarding the new Fs22 v1.6 update... until GIANTS release GE 9.0.3, all maps you load in GE 9.0.2 will fail to load all foliage Layers, if you save this off it will potentially break all the foliage layers on your map.

If your on Steam roll back to Beta version 1.5, or if you have a direct download, don't download it yet if you wish to work on your own map in GE.
I'm +1ing this because does Giants even know about this?

The culprit is the fruitGrowthFoliageShader.xml file which is in all of the individual crop I3D files (wheat.i3d, barley.i3d, etc). It is on line 342, remove the word 'Previous' from that string and it will load and work fine. I edited my game files because I don't play MP but come on Giants once again ... last time this happened I started playing a different game and just was starting to get back into Farm Sim. Now this...
Sgt DeBrief

Post by Sgt DeBrief »

Did anyone else have the precision farming dlc disappear? I'm on XBox Series S, and when attempting to load my precision farming save, it states "This game save uses downloadable content which is not installed. If you continue, some vehicles will not be available. Alternatively, you can download the following content: Precision Farming DLC".

But - I can't find the Precision Farming DLC! Looked in mod hub, looked in XBox store. Am I missing something, or has that DLC really been wiped?
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Mwal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:04 am
CoreyTr wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:34 pm
You're probably right, and I agree they likely don't care much once they have got sales out of the way.
Hello Games is a third of the size, and they manage to put out updates weekly, with just as many platforms to support.
I’m not saying it shouldn’t get fixed quickly but hello games is a terrible company as an example after they straight up lied about no mans sky to push copies. They’re an actual example of a greedy company in over there heads trying to turn a big profit hoping to fix it later before anyone noticed. Giants just needs to clean up there communication. If what the folks are saying is true about how long they’ve been doing bug reports they *censored* at relaying information and need a new something to handle bugs. Whether that’s a new system, management, or employees I don’t know but they definitely need to fix it. They also need to start looking at this forum as that threads been around for a while. To me all that’s a bit different than the mouthpiece of your company straight up lying.
They were pushed by their publisher to release before the game was complete. Similar excuse everyone liked to use about Giants and Focus. Hello Games have since made up for it and corrected their mistakes. Six years of free updates, and no end in sight.
Look up their story, and you'll see they fulfilled their promises and more. I respect your opinion, but I just don't share it.
JamP

Post by JamP »

All my mod downloads were deleted after the update on xbox series s.
A terrible pain to have to download 1 by 1 everyone again. I'll pass.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Gerstner31

Post by Gerstner31 »

Series x and also all of my Mods got nuked…. The ONLY reason I’m not livid is I see the limit was finally raised to 8gb vs 4gb…. So yay? (Granted mine has been jumping from 3.8 and 4 for the past month at random.)

Someone earlier said it best…. COMMUNICATION is key. If I knew this was coming but also knew I could re-download twice as many mods I probably wouldn’t have batted an eye. Instead I really don’t wanna go through the hassle nor get the DLC…. So F1 22 you get 100% of my attention
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:49 am
They were pushed by their publisher to release before the game was complete. Similar excuse everyone liked to use about Giants and Focus. Hello Games have since made up for it and corrected their mistakes. Six years of free updates, and no end in sight.
Look up their story, and you'll see they fulfilled their promises and more. I respect your opinion, but I just don't share it.
I know their story I actually play the game somewhat often, well often for me at least. I don’t call it fulfilling promises as much as I do avoiding being sued into non existence. Regardless of the free updates the fact of the matter is they turned a lot of units off a lie straight from the developers mouth. I know I bought one. I also play the game and know it’s pretty glitch ridden, less important features tend to be broken for weeks before being fixed, and it blue screens way more than it should on ps5, sound familiar? One more thing, it does share a glaring similarity with farm sim. It’s a niche game that’s into uncharted territory due to popularity of something that shouldn’t be popular and made by a small team that is understaffed for the project size and scope. So my question is why give one a pass and not the other?
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Patch 1.6 FOr xbox is another proof for lack of communication! People finally got 8gb modspace now on xbox THANK YOU! But it wiped all their mods. They probably had to clear mods to get it up to 8gb, so I understand that. BUT again would've been nice if they warned us before! If they communicated before! Also I nowhere see in the patchnotes we were gonna go up to 8gb finally!
FarmerKiwi

Post by FarmerKiwi »

so much for fixing the key binding issue that they created 2 patches ago and said it would be fixed with this patch. More lies so sick of all the lies they come up with. Think I might go back to FS 19 at least the problems there are not as bad as the ones in 22.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Mwal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:57 am
CoreyTr wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:49 am
I know their story I actually play the game somewhat often, well often for me at least. I don’t call it fulfilling promises as much as I do avoiding being sued into non existence. Regardless of the free updates the fact of the matter is they turned a lot of units off a lie straight from the developers mouth. I know I bought one. I also play the game and know it’s pretty glitch ridden, less important features tend to be broken for weeks before being fixed, and it blue screens way more than it should on ps5, sound familiar? One more thing, it does share a glaring similarity with farm sim. It’s a niche game that’s into uncharted territory due to popularity of something that shouldn’t be popular and made by a small team that is understaffed for the project size and scope. So my question is why give one a pass and not the other?
They were sued, and they won. If you knew their story, you'd know that.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

wiseguy49 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:31 am
BulletBill wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:03 pm Just an important mention regarding the new Fs22 v1.6 update... until GIANTS release GE 9.0.3, all maps you load in GE 9.0.2 will fail to load all foliage Layers, if you save this off it will potentially break all the foliage layers on your map.

If your on Steam roll back to Beta version 1.5, or if you have a direct download, don't download it yet if you wish to work on your own map in GE.
I'm +1ing this because does Giants even know about this?

The culprit is the fruitGrowthFoliageShader.xml file which is in all of the individual crop I3D files (wheat.i3d, barley.i3d, etc). It is on line 342, remove the word 'Previous' from that string and it will load and work fine. I edited my game files because I don't play MP but come on Giants once again ... last time this happened I started playing a different game and just was starting to get back into Farm Sim. Now this...
Thanks for that info on how to fix the shader.

Yes GIANTS are aware of this thanks to some good work by one of there top Ambassadors (Derp), who actually does his job really well unlike some of them who are a complete waste of space and just abuse there position.

Once GE 9.0.3 is released it won't be an issue. Just a shame GE 9.0.3 wasn't released first before v 1.6 went live.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:18 am
Yes….. winning is avoiding being sued into non existence. The game has plenty of issues six years and a re-release later so what’s the difference?
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Mwal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:18 am
Yes….. winning is avoiding being sued into non existence. The game has plenty of issues six years and a re-release later so what’s the difference?
I said Hello Games is a third the size of Giants, and manage to put out updates weekly. Those are facts.
Yes, No Man's Sky has bugs, but like I said, there are updates weekly, and sometimes more than once a week.
I don't understand why you're getting defensive when I only compared to the frequency of updates.

If you want to compare other areas, I'd be happy to mention some.
Hello Games added several updates that could easily have been separate games themselves. They added VR support. six years after release, and they are still supporting the game and not charging their players a dime.
What has Giants done in six years? They released 17, 19 and 22, all with minor differences, and all paid. Don't forget all the paid DLC in between.

Remember, I only questioned the frequency of Giants updates compared to a much smaller company. There was no need for you to get so defensive about it.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:26 pm
I said Hello Games is a third the size of Giants, and manage to put out updates weekly. Those are facts.
Yes, No Man's Sky has bugs, but like I said, there are updates weekly, and sometimes more than once a week.
I don't understand why you're getting defensive when I only compared to the frequency of updates.

If you want to compare other areas, I'd be happy to mention some.
Hello Games added several updates that could easily have been separate games themselves. They added VR support. six years after release, and they are still supporting the game and not charging their players a dime.
What has Giants done in six years? They released 17, 19 and 22, all with minor differences, and all paid. Don't forget all the paid DLC in between.

Remember, I only questioned the frequency of Giants updates compared to a much smaller company. There was no need for you to get so defensive about it.
I’m not getting defensive only amazed by the fact you would choose a company that does or has done all the things you’ve rallied against giants about for years.
Edua a56

Post by Edua a56 »

Hello, has farming given you any problems with the new patch? I have updated it and the game does not open. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked for me and just when I installed the new patch and the installation of the patch has finished and again it has not worked for me again