Patch 1.6 for Farming Simulator 22 now available!

CoreyTr

Re: Patch 1.6 for Farming Simulator 22 now available!

Post by CoreyTr »

Mwal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:15 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:26 pm ...
Remember, I only questioned the frequency of Giants updates compared to a much smaller company. There was no need for you to get so defensive about it.
I’m not getting defensive only amazed by the fact you would choose a company that does or has done all the things you’ve rallied against giants about for years.
I rallied against people who made excuses for them when it wasn't necessary.

Me: Hello Games is smaller and provides updates weekly.
You: Yeah, well their game has bugs too.

I agree, they both have bugs, but only one provides frequent updates.
thomson125

Post by thomson125 »

Is the update out on PC in europe?
My game won't update at least. I doubleklick the icon as usual to start the game, the launcher (or whatever you call it) pops up and says "getting information from update server" for a few seconds, then the game launches into version 1.5.

EDIT: After verifying the installation it no longer says "getting information from update server". now it says "parsing files to update" (or something similar) for a few minutes then a popup says that all update servers are down.
If this continues I will have to uninstall the game and redownload it as version 1.6, just like I had to do when version 1.5 was released.
Great job!
Edua a56

Post by Edua a56 »

Hello, has farming given you any problems with the new patch? I have updated it and the game does not open. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked for me and just when I installed the new patch and the installation of the patch has finished and again it has not worked for me again
Edua a56

Post by Edua a56 »

I update data, in version 1.5 everything works perfect for me. I understand that it is a bug in patch 1.6
Lastofthebreed

Post by Lastofthebreed »

I regret everything I said about my excitement for the Kubota pack. Because what do I get in exchange for my money? A patch that deleted every mod I had as well as my extensive save on Calmsden Farm. But I have Kubota tractors! Well done Giants. Your incompetence knows no bounds.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Lastofthebreed wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:47 pm I regret everything I said about my excitement for the Kubota pack. Because what do I get in exchange for my money? A patch that deleted every mod I had as well as my extensive save on Calmsden Farm. But I have Kubota tractors! Well done Giants. Your incompetence knows no bounds.
The mods got deleted because the mod storage got reset to 8GB. Redownload your mods and maps and your save will still be there.
Playing on PC and PS4
Tealdog038

Post by Tealdog038 »

thomson125 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:15 pm Is the update out on PC in europe?
My game won't update at least. I doubleklick the icon as usual to start the game, the launcher (or whatever you call it) pops up and says "getting information from update server" for a few seconds, then the game launches into version 1.5.

EDIT: After verifying the installation it no longer says "getting information from update server". now it says "parsing files to update" (or something similar) for a few minutes then a popup says that all update servers are down.
If this continues I will have to uninstall the game and redownload it as version 1.6, just like I had to do when version 1.5 was released.
Great job!
This has been happening for me since the games release! Every update has been 13 agonizing gb for me on slow internet, which equates to around 8 hours. It sometimes pays to hold off updating and look in the forum for all the issues first to see whether its worth the time wasted.

And yes I have tried the "hold shift and double click" also contacted support for a solution and basically just got lip for there inability to fix the issue or at least go back to downloading a patch update instead of the whole game like previous versions.

I mean I didn't think much of FS19 so continued to play 17 but this 22 has really put a sour taste in my mouth to the point were I will no longer invest in them.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

A new GIANTS Editor version (9.0.3) is now available that is compatible with the 1.6 patch shaders.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Stegei wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:30 pm A new GIANTS Editor version (9.0.3) is now available that is compatible with the 1.6 patch shaders.
Thank you Stegei for releasing it so promptly.

One question, for the next patch, would it be possible for the new GE version to be released prior to the patch itself? Thereby stopping any possible version conflicts.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:43 pm
Stegei wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:30 pm A new GIANTS Editor version (9.0.3) is now available that is compatible with the 1.6 patch shaders.
Thank you Stegei for releasing it so promptly.

One question, for the next patch, would it be possible for the new GE version to be released prior to the patch itself? Thereby stopping any possible version conflicts.
+1
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Game updates / patches...

1. I sick and tired of Giants updates breaking half my mods, then I have to wait for the poor modders to play catchup and release their updated mod.
2. Tired of Giants releasing a change log for an update, and then not listing everything they messed with. As in why does mod mod no longer work.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

HC1Gunner wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:17 pm 2. Tired of Giants releasing a change log for an update, and then not listing everything they messed with. As in why does mod mod no longer work.
If I understand this correct:

You say you want them to tell you which mod mod wont work anymore. That means testing testing testing testing.

They got 2217 mods on modhub at this time. Removing them and testing them will take them again 6 months, which in those 6 months you cant use the mods you had, because giants need to test it first?
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

HC1Gunner wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:17 pm Game updates / patches...

1. I sick and tired of Giants updates breaking half my mods, then I have to wait for the poor modders to play catchup and release their updated mod.
2. Tired of Giants releasing a change log for an update, and then not listing everything they messed with. As in why does mod mod no longer work.
ya and what about the mod space being up as well nothing was said about that either and that it would remove all downloaded mods.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

HC1Gunner wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:17 pm Game updates / patches...

Unfortunately giants doesn't know if mods will break when the patch is out, the only way to solve this is send the patch to modders way before, so could take longer to patches to come out. Modders would still need to update Thier mods and most of the time it's not really a big deal unless it's a map of course
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Lets be honest they don't know or care when they break the base game so mods don't stand a chance