Platinum Edition & Platinum Expansion Coming This November

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Re: Platinum Edition & Platinum Expansion Coming This November

Post by Chaki »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:00 pm
Chaki wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:00 pm
Deora wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:14 am in the streams they were talking about iron ore so you can produce metal. I'm curious how it wil work. In the podcast they emphasized that was'nt mining.
Specifically, just so there aren't any misunderstandings there, it is not "you dig yourself and smelt it" mining. It's a production chain where the mine regularly produces iron that players can use.
So is there specific points in the map where you can place the iron ore mining production building or is it just place anywhere free for all?
It would be cool if you could do something like soil sampling to find the highest levels of iron in the ground.....
Neither. There is an Iron Mine on the map. It provides Iron. It's not something that's gonna get a big reveal at gamescom or anything
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Chaki wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:51 pm
FarmerJohn89 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:00 pm
Chaki wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:00 pm
Specifically, just so there aren't any misunderstandings there, it is not "you dig yourself and smelt it" mining. It's a production chain where the mine regularly produces iron that players can use.
So is there specific points in the map where you can place the iron ore mining production building or is it just place anywhere free for all?
It would be cool if you could do something like soil sampling to find the highest levels of iron in the ground.....
Neither. There is an Iron Mine on the map. It provides Iron. It's not something that's gonna get a big reveal at gamescom or anything
Aww shame maybe a feature for FS25 then.... 😜
Onkel Mo

Post by Onkel Mo »

KFedor1907 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:21 pm X-Box just increased the available space, so why not Sony? Understand this is not a Giants question and more for the console itself, but is there any anticipation that this will happen.
XB had half the space for mods. It just got the same as PS with the update.
Since the limitation is from Sony the chances are small it will be increased.
If you run out of space delete stuff you don't use.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Not really fan of the forestry in fs series since log physics in general have been clunky to say atleast. Well since was introduced in fs15 forestry did not get much love from giants so i guess folks that like logging will get their kicks or whatnot so im glad for them.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Hmmm. Lumberjack Simulator? More Production? Looks like $40 I'll spend at Hobby Town instead. Want some feedback? Fix contracts, and work on 4X support for consoles. That'll get my wallet open.
Old fat guy with a day job...
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,

if you play on PC, you can try this:
https://github.com/Mmtrx/FS22_BetterCon ... g/v1.2.3.2

... And thank @Mmtrx for the workaround.

Elmike
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

I'm sure somebody will argue that iron smelting is also farming.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Forestry isn't necessarily farming (once upon a time it was as pretty much everything east of the Mississippi river was sold old growth forest that had to be cleared to do anything besides hunting) but it is most certainly a major part of Agriculture.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Hey Chaki there’s been a lot of people asking wondering if you can clarify. If you pre order platinum with the base game will you be able to immediately download the base game or will you have to wait until platinum drops and download them both?
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

They found a way to auto lock on a tree to cut it down.
Why not use this type of mechanic to hold one or more logs?
Ignorance is bliss
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Chaki wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:00 pm Specifically, just so there aren't any misunderstandings there, it is not "you dig yourself and smelt it" mining. It's a production chain where the mine regularly produces iron that players can use.
why not create a clone notion of tippable field stones and call it iron ore.

then create an area in the terrain that is a shaped depression, and fill said depression with the tippable new stone type called iron ore, which can be dug out to put in the production production chain.

in fact I am sure it would not be to hard to blend the notion of bunker used for silage into a new form of bunker for stone, but in the form of natural rockfaces and other quarry workings that you can place in the terrain, and because they are a prefab as such it would give a method to replenish them slowly over X time, unlike the method above using just a shaped ground depression.

as I can do the first method already just using field stone, which can be dug out to put in the stone crusher from a shaped ground depression.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
W1der

Post by W1der »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:43 pm They found a way to auto lock on a tree to cut it down.
Why not use this type of mechanic to hold one or more logs?
No please ... some of us actually knows how to do forestry in FS22 without any serious issues ... and it´s nice to be able to slide the logs within the claws intentionally when called fore.

But sure ... for the rest of you, maybe some invisible straps to engage with the press of a button!? *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Mwal wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:07 pm
Hey Chaki there’s been a lot of people asking wondering if you can clarify. If you pre order platinum with the base game will you be able to immediately download the base game or will you have to wait until platinum drops and download them both?
I was one of those people wondering that same question. Because I bought myself a gaming pc I needed a pc copy as I wasn't play xbox anymore.

I did sent giants an email, but then I was like, oh well it's steam, if something goes wrong it's easy to get a refund through steam but I can say:

When pre-ordering the platinum edition of FS22, it installs the game right away and you can play. When the platinum expansion comes out in November, it installs right away. (Should do anyway, otherwise just install it)
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Iron ore in FARMING simulator, what am I missing here? If I mine the ore, can I then, let's say, forge myself a new set of blades for my plow or new shoes for my horses? It might just be me, but what does this have to do with FARMING?
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:03 am Iron ore in FARMING simulator, what am I missing here? If I mine the ore, can I then, let's say, forge myself a new set of blades for my plow or new shoes for my horses? It might just be me, but what does this have to do with FARMING?
On the expansion map you can build boats from the wood harvested. I guess you also need iron for the boat somehow. (Correct me if im wrong)