Platinum Edition & Platinum Expansion Coming This November

Burekcina

Re: Platinum Edition & Platinum Expansion Coming This November

Post by Burekcina »

So many things that need to be built for farming and they choose a boat? What part of agriculture is building a boat?
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:03 am Iron ore in FARMING simulator, what am I missing here? If I mine the ore, can I then, let's say, forge myself a new set of blades for my plow or new shoes for my horses? It might just be me, but what does this have to do with FARMING?
agriculture literally means somewhat 'living off the land' so any kind of resource being taken from working the land (which includes bodies of water on them) to get resources falls into this category, so yes, even mining. This is why forestry is included as well (which is something else than 'farming'). We are already fine with that as there are enough farmers out there that also work forest areas so the game simply moved on towards true conception of agriculture with us not simply knowing the definition of agriculture - or one of those. Farming is agriculture but not all agriculture is farming.

I am not sure, how I would think about having a quarry for limestone but as there are enough guys and girls out there liking to drive in an excavator...fair game, me thinks. I COULD already think about having a fish farm somewhere on my lands so having some basic aquaculture as well. Not that much different from raising pigs, cows and selling them or their products, if you ask me. Mining ore is not a good pick as the goods you were hinting at need lots of refining and this is not farming or even agriculture. But lime and sand or even gravel are fair game in my book. Lime and sand could be used to improve fields and gravel for making roads. Currently, we paint those auxiliary ways to our fields - what, if we could make some gravel roads with proper equipment? I have already seen contractors not only harvesting or tending fields on demand but also doing roadworks for e.g. in forests or mountainous areas for the sake of accessing fields, woods and whatnot. They just put a milling machine behind their Fendt Vario and create a way into the forest or to some fields or repair them. Was interesting to watch - they only used machines usable with a normal, yet powerful tractor at times when they do not plow fields or work with slurry for others.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Burekcina wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:32 am So many things that need to be built for farming and they choose a boat? What part of agriculture is building a boat?
Why not? It's unusual yes, maybe they are using it to test how it works and maybe expand on building in future series
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

eric21 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:39 pm
Burekcina wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:32 am So many things that need to be built for farming and they choose a boat? What part of agriculture is building a boat?
Why not? It's unusual yes, maybe they are using it to test how it works and maybe expand on building in future series

I figure the next generation of FS will have a factory where you have to build your own farm machinery with steel that you had to make yourself from coal and iron ore that you had to mine yourself and deliver on pallets that you had to build yourself from lumber that you had to saw yourself from trees you had to cut yourself with machinery that you had to build yourself from steel that you had to ....
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Their goal is not to make the best farming game but to make as much money as they can with DLCs. And why would they with all the fan boys screaming praise over polished turds. It's a company without values and fs22 was the last product i buy from them.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

What company does not aim for making as much money as possible?

Besides, they can't please everyone when it comes to content, both in the basegame and via dlcs. That's just impossible.

If the dlc isn't for you, just don't buy it, it's that simple.
And, you don't have to buy any more from them either.

Just saying
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

I understand that a company has to make money. But it doesn't have to be as greedy as they are. There are still some passionate developers out there that care what they release. They listen to the community and often reply to forum topics and try to help players in general. Even if they don't have dedicated community managers (like Giants do).

GIANTS is none of that.

And i know i don't have to buy anything from them, believe me, i wont. The point is i'm not the only one that noticed this change towards EA's business plan.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

They definitely listen to us even if they aren't good at communicating on the forums.
Changeable season length came into the game after feedback from the community. They had planned for a fixed set of days/month, but gave us control over that, luckily.

But, yeah, they could improve their visible presence on here
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Burekcina wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:49 am Their goal is not to make the best farming game but to make as much money as they can with DLCs. And why would they with all the fan boys screaming praise over polished turds. It's a company without values and fs22 was the last product i buy from them.
So you must be a fan boy. because you are on this forum posting. If you wasn't a fan of this game why would you even create an account on this forum??? you wouldn't.. So this whole fan boy thing that people keep throwing around is getting old. If you or any body else that plays this game and/ or have an account on this forum are fan boys. because if you wasn't you wouldn't be playing Farming Simulator or posting in this forum.
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That actually isn't necessarily true. Some people only post negative comments and slander towards the company. That's not a fan boy. A fan boy is someone that up the companies or a person's rear end bo matter what.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:39 pm That actually isn't necessarily true. Some people only post negative comments and slander towards the company. That's not a fan boy. A fan boy is someone that up the companies or a person's rear end bo matter what.
I doubt this will be ever the last fs purchase for him
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Why is the rock breaker post locked?
Wanted to ask if that's how you clear the land so you can plough it? Otherwise what's the point of clearing rocks for trees?
I'm still hoping it's going to giants version of no man's land....
Tiredasagiraffe

Post by Tiredasagiraffe »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:58 pm Why is the rock breaker post locked?
Wanted to ask if that's how you clear the land so you can plough it? Otherwise what's the point of clearing rocks for trees?
I'm still hoping it's going to giants version of no man's land....
Read the blog post linked in the announcement or go to the blogs section of the website. It gives you all the details.
Wicked88

Post by Wicked88 »

Will the season pass be added into the platinum upgrade? Or will there be a deal for season 1 with platinum, or a combination with season 2 coming? So many free mods available on the download hub. Except the passenger seat which is excluded. And as a family, we like to travel together 2 by 2 on machines sometimes when there isn't much to do around the farm.

Just asking because I have to buy 4 licenses as we play with 4 computers. Not your problem, but live is quite expensive at the moment with all that is happening here in Europe with the inflation :mrgreen: *thumbsup*
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Wicked88 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:25 am Will the season pass be added into the platinum upgrade? Or will there be a deal for season 1 with platinum, or a combination with season 2 coming? So many free mods available on the download hub. Except the passenger seat which is excluded. And as a family, we like to travel together 2 by 2 on machines sometimes when there isn't much to do around the farm.

Just asking because I have to buy 4 licenses as we play with 4 computers. Not your problem, but live is quite expensive at the moment with all that is happening here in Europe with the inflation :mrgreen: *thumbsup*
The Platinum Expansion is already included in the Season Pass. The Platinum Edition (which is the basegame FS22 with the Platinum Expansion) does not come with the Season Pass included. For those cases i recommend getting the Year 1 Bundle which is the Basegame + Season Pass (which includes Platinum) -> https://farming-simulator.com/buy-now.p ... =pcdigital (3rd Option)
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support