Platinum Edition & Platinum Expansion Coming This November

eric21

Re: Platinum Edition & Platinum Expansion Coming This November

Post by eric21 »

"but logging!?" And I know about what's happening in the states and even in farming
Demonitron

Post by Demonitron »

eric21 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:32 am "but logging!?"
That's a fair leap to take that I meant it wasn't agricultural in nature.

Carry on, leap away. *thumbsup*
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:17 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:33 pm Imagine a world without sarcasm! *thumbsup*
Imagine a world where people knew the difference between sarcasm in person and sarcasm in text.... 😜
It wouldn't be worth coming on here would it if people could do that.... :wink2:
Aus

Post by Aus »

Thank you for the information.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Hey Giant's this side of Christmas any chance you could fix the Contracts disappering bug and could you also add a gravity wagon to the platinum thingy for Mr Chedly please.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I don't think giants any control on what equipment they want, they probably do ask but manufacturers will say no, ultimately manufacturers have a final say
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

I for one am extremely happy with the upcoming Expansion Pack. I have played the game since it first came out in 2008 and have seen the transformation of it over the years. As a real life logger I definitely appreciate the forestry part of this farming game. I remember when us forestry guys were only able to make logs with a modified hay baler so we have come a long ways. Some of the ones complaining should maybe sit back and realize you aren't Giants only customer. It used to be you only had 4 crops in 09 and no animals. You could only transport with a trailer and tractor. The maps were small and not nearly as decorated out as they are now. You had somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 or 4 brands and basically 12 to 15 pieces of machinery. The list is endless. For the last few generations of the game you have gotten quality maps and many more brands and machinery each time. I have bought everything that Giants has put out because I support the company. I don't use most of it because I am much more into forestry than farming but I know that you farmers have to get something too. This time it just so happens that us Forestry guys are getting something. I bought the Season's Pass (Actually 4 of them) and regardless of what I got I was going to support the company that makes the game that gives me many many hours of enjoyment. This time I think that I got pretty lucky. Thank you Giants
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

eric21 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:50 pm I don't think giants any control on what equipment they want, they probably do ask but manufacturers will say no, ultimately manufacturers have a final say
Are you seriously making that excuse for them? It's Giants game, and Giants can add whatever they want. They don't even have to wait for a paid DLC to do it.
So, it's not that they can't do it, it's that they choose not to do it.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

CoreyTr wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:55 pm
eric21 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:50 pm I don't think giants any control on what equipment they want, they probably do ask but manufacturers will say no, ultimately manufacturers have a final say
Are you seriously making that excuse for them? It's Giants game, and Giants can add whatever they want. They don't even have to wait for a paid DLC to do it.
I think it's more of a collaboration rather than giants making demands or just rolling over.
Neither is it that they are choosing not to do it but simple trying to do the most with their pot of limited money.
Sure giants probably could spend it wiser but I'm pretty sure no one on these forms could do it better... I don't have to mention the last time a group of modders thought they could make a better farming gaming.....
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Your forgetting licenses, they have mentioned this a few times and plus each vehicle has it's own license aswell think of gran turismo
punchi

Post by punchi »

Since when can you use brands for free in games lol?
You will get sued to oblivion
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I suggest listening to the podcast, episode 12.
There they explain how they get brands and equipment into the game
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

eric21 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:40 pm
Your forgetting licenses, they have mentioned this a few times and plus each vehicle has it's own license aswell think of gran turismo

I'm not forgetting about licensing. You're forgetting about the Lizard brand.

I assumed you were responding to Laughinggravy "...and could you also add a gravity wagon to the platinum thingy for Mr Chedly please".
If I assumed correctly, then Giants could easily add any equipment they want using the Lizard name, or anything else they wanted to make up for their own game.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

punchi wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:43 pm
Since when can you use brands for free in games lol?
You will get sued to oblivion
Ever see the Lizard brand in your Farming Simulator game? ...edited out the harshness.
Last edited by CoreyTr on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Noraf wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:45 pm I suggest listening to the podcast, episode 12.
There they explain how they get brands and equipment into the game
I didn't listen to the podcast. Do they explain how they get Lizard into the game?

PS. Your signature has a typo.