Vermeer Pack For Farming Simulator 22 Coming Soon!

Mwal

Re: Vermeer Pack For Farming Simulator 22 Coming Soon!

Post by Mwal »

Burekcina wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:51 pm
I really haven't played FS in quite a while...but I am checking what the game is becoming.

What i would like is for them to fix the major bugs and get the Giants engine up to a standard that the game can actually be called a simulator. New equipment isn't really something FS series needs right now.
So to clarify all the dlc would be great if the game didn’t have any “issues”? I would suggest playing sometime soon then, outside of the contract issue I haven’t encountered any others, and definitely not any that would cause me to think the base game isn’t better than any of its predecessors. Perhaps you also clarify what those issues are.
crash

Post by crash »

Are the bale counter in on screen implemented to all balers in game?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

eric21 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:27 pm He said he was leaving back in May, so either he's trolling or is actually buying the dlcs
I really haven't played FS in quite a while...but I am checking what the game is becoming.

What i would like is for them to fix the major bugs and get the Giants engine up to a standard that the game can actually be called a simulator. New equipment isn't really something FS series needs right now.
Actually, FS has always been about the equipment. All other aspects of the game, including the technical aspects of farming, are secondary.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

jeremyj621 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:33 pm
eric21 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:27 pm He said he was leaving back in May, so either he's trolling or is actually buying the dlcs

Actually, FS has always been about the equipment. All other aspects of the game, including the technical aspects of farming, are secondary.
Yes you are correct, the equipment aspect is easy. Get permission to use a brand name, change the color of some existing models, and it's ready to sell.
The gameplay is more difficult and is where the issues keep coming.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Everyone who ever tapped into the world of FS modding knows how half-assed everything in this game is. Making new tractors is easy as they don't require any functionality, Its just a diffferent model with copy&paste nodes in places for trailer hitch, 3-point...change some XML numbers and strings and BOOM new tractor!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

That's how most machines are tbh, for comparison the c130 Hercules has around 50 different varients but still has the airframe.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Burekcina wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 am Everyone who ever tapped into the world of FS modding knows how half-assed everything in this game is. Making new tractors is easy as they don't require any functionality, Its just a diffferent model with copy&paste nodes in places for trailer hitch, 3-point...change some XML numbers and strings and BOOM new tractor!
I dunno there’s several pretty well known modders that say giants models are pretty good, including one that frequents this forum and has said it here multiple times. How come you won’t answer my questions also? I’ve quoted you twice and you just ignore it and continue to run your mouth with no clarification of what you mean. Are you just trolling then?
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Let me answer your question then. The issues are the game has become a complete copy-paste of the previous version with a couple of improvements that are mostly what modders made in the previous years. And the improvements introduced are all dumbed down. There is no realism in this game, nothing that can go wrong (unless you count the laughable physics). After more than 10 years of FS series weather still has no effect. Physics are just a joke and everything else is just a couple of squares reading data from a table.

The game doesn't need more equipment. It needs DEPTH!!!
eric21 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:43 am That's how most machines are tbh, for comparison the c130 Hercules has around 50 different varients but still has the airframe.
So what's your point? Almost every modern machine is built on some kind of a frame?

Thank you for comparing farming sim with a flight simulator. Take a look at the systems implemented in a Hercules for flight sim and a tractor for farming sim. In flight sims you have to learn the aircraft and it's systems, just like you have to learn the systems on a tractor in real life. Even on the old tractors you have to learn it's quirks and work around the problems sometimes.

For the price of the game and it's DLCs it is not up to modern standards as it should be.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Tractors are pretty simple compared to aircraft it’s the tasks you do with the tractors that’s the complicated ever evolving part. The complexities of learning how to set up a corn planter would drive most the players away from the game. Just the different widths of rows in planters, harvesters row cultivators etc would take such a massive amount of equipment to simulate real life it would be extremely overwhelming for the average player. I’m there with you on weather but to go flight simulator style on farm sim wouldn’t be great for their bottom line. There has to be a balance because to be honest even as a farmer who knows how I don’t want to spend a couple real life hours changing my virtual planter meters or vacuuming seed out of boxes, those jobs *censored* enough in real life
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Also we have people complaining just about every day that they can't plant and combine in like 30 seconds because of a light version of seasons, so forcing other realism would just cause more chaos. They could put options for everything, but that didn't work too well either with seasons. I also don't want to spend time changing a tire or oil in a video game.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I'm never on about flight sim, I'm just comparing to your reply of copy and paste. There's different variations of c130 but does same job it flies, same with different variations of tractors, does the same job.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

You can add more realism and depth without scaring people away.
Expanding on what the game already has and finish it, and it would go a long way.
For example, rain could fill water troughs, help plant growth in some way, or make the tires slip a bit easier when driving.
There are plenty of existing things that could be finished. Instead, the developers are looking for the next new thing to try and impress a group that is becoming less impressed.
I'd like to see a poll of people who got the season pass and now regret it.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The problem is theres a large number of people especially young people that don't want realism and want to crash tractors or just like the look of them and don't care about bugs
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

That doesn't make sense Eric.
Let's not add realism because it would interfere with people who like to crash tractors, and don't mind bugs.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Maybe people could learn something new with a more realistic game? You know why are flight simulators used for real flight training by pilots? Because of realism and depth.

It would be nice to show people that farming is not just a push of a button.