[FS17] Feedback

BigC92

Re: [FS17] Feedback

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
leonebianco24 wrote:Hello everyone, I do not know if you realized, but with FS19 farming simulator will turn 10 years !!
why not make things a little bit big for FS19?
I agree with this, 10th anniversaries are huge, especially on music CD's. Farming Simulator should something special for FS19. *thumbsup*
Was 09 their first farming sim?
ritch70

Post by ritch70 »

when is new dlc coming? love to see some. i love the graphics on pc but not console. when the new patch coming out?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BigC92 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
leonebianco24 wrote:Hello everyone, I do not know if you realized, but with FS19 farming simulator will turn 10 years !!
why not make things a little bit big for FS19?
I agree with this, 10th anniversaries are huge, especially on music CD's. Farming Simulator should something special for FS19. *thumbsup*
Was 09 their first farming sim?
Oh whoops, I forgot, Farming Simulator 2008 was their OFFICIAL release, but it is very rare, so it is common to say Farming Simulator 2009 was their first one to really get recognized. So, I don't know... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

ritch70 wrote:when is new dlc coming? love to see some. i love the graphics on pc but not console. when the new patch coming out?
Couple of weeks they said is when the new DLC is coming out. No word on the patch yet.

How to post your log.txt
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

How about adding a bale stacker like this one from New Holland?

Stacks 105 square bales!
:shock:
They also make a self-propelled version..

FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

mdoss wrote:How about adding a bale stacker like this one from New Holland?

Stacks 105 square bales!

Aint them small square bales?
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

After playing the game for several hours I feel like I have seen enough to give out some feedback.
I also played FS15 for a few months so I have something to compare to.

1) Models and textures other than the vehicles/machines.
I'll be blunt. The environment textures are bad. Really bad. The resolution would be ok 10 years ago, but not in 2016. Whatever you look at is a blurry mess. It completely kills any immersion. On top of that, the colours are really washed out which doesn't help either (for me personally this might be even bigger problem then resolution). I'm not saying the game should have photorealistic textures, but a heck lot more realistic than this for sure.
Someone might argue that it's about the gameplay and not how it looks, but I don't think so. The visual aspect is very important, especially when you're not moving around at high speed like in Battlefield games for example. I feel like the FS series has been getting away with a decade older graphics than it should have for way too long and if it wants to remain competitive, this needs to change. It should had happened with FS15 at the latest. I am very disappointed that FS17 has the same old looking washed out graphics :(
Some of the models are really crude. Trees still have rather hexagonal trunks, and generally world objects could be made from a bit more polygons.
Basically, this, this, this or this has no place in a game released after 2005.

2) Vehicle physics and collision.
It's a simulator game and everything revolves around vehicles and machinery. It makes perfect sense to be at least somewhat realistic. Unfortunately, it's not exactly the case. Several tons weighting tractor literally jumps (and then nosedives) over a curb. You can drive a tractor in small circles at 40km/h. When you hit a corner of a building, whatever you are driving jumps up in the air and around like it was a rubber ball.
Two examples of some of the most painful things I observed thus far.

Some people might not mind, but I strongly believe a game that has the word simulator in its name should be better than this.
Also, the ground response mod could be a step in the right direction. The game needs decent ground physics. Please expand on this.

2a) Some sort of damage system would be awesome. It could be simple visually (not like the elaborate system in GTA5 for example), with gameplay consequences being the important thing. Which is (would be) directly related/dependant to/on:

2b) More vehicle customizations please. What you added in FS17 is a step in right direction, but it should be more elaborate than this. Obviously we're not fine tuning race cars here, but I'd like to see a lot more than just engine power and wheels. Throw in more visual customizations as well (add/remove/change lights for example). The Farm Expert and its workshop looks just like what FS needs. Get inspired!

3) The interface in general.
I hate it. Tons of pages you have to scroll through to get to something, and then clicking on arrows some more. Please figure something less confusing and better accessible out. At least tabs row on the top of the window you can click on so that you don't have to memorize things like finances tab being six clicks to the right. Somehow separate things like the map and overview of the vehicles from statistics and whatever.
Going through owned machines is even more horrifying. I'd like to see a standalone page with categories just like in the shop.
The map I actually quite like. It could be refined a little, but it's a good improvement from FS15. Tooltips for icons would be great though.
There are some long lists like in the shop. I'd like to be able to use keys like Home and End to quickly navigate through.

3a) For god's sake, make the main menu accessible from within a running game already!!!!! You can't imagine how annoying it is when you realize you need to change a keybind (or have forgotten one) or adjust a graphics settings.

3b) Add a setting to disable the intro clips! I hate to click Esc three times every time I start the game.

4) Engine related.
It's far from perfect, BUT I am SO happy this saw some some significant improvements over FS15. I am glad you finally added more graphical settings. Performance increased a lot too. It still leaves a lot to be desired, but finally my FPS is not dipping to 20 on high end PC. There's still big room for improvement in terms of draw distance and general optimizations, but I want to believe you have finally started to take this seriously.
Two things here:
- consider adding support for Vulkan API. There's a ton of complicated objects to be drawn and possibly in a small area, so I believe the game would greatly benefit from low level API. Especially with not so powerful PCs. OR maybe it would allow for the engine to handle more detailed objects without a performance hit. I'm saying Vulkan because it seems to be the better choice, being platform independant and not OS-locked like DirectX 12.
- please add borderless windowed mode. This is extremely convenient for people who constantly alt tab out of the game to check on something.

5) Miscellaneous ideas.
Vehicle control panels and interiors. Very much a nitpick, but it adds to the visuals. Control panels should light up when you switch lights on, and indicators for things like turn signals would be very much welcome. Quite a few mods have these and it really makes a a lot of difference. Interiors should be of slightly higher resolution. I believe this improved a little since FS15, but it's still "ok" at best.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

BigC92 wrote: Aint them small square bales?
I think so, but surely we can get some kind of mega stacker like this?! Or maybe a baler that makes the smaller square bales, that we can lift by hand!!
Octopuss wrote: 2) Vehicle physics and collision.
It's a simulator game and everything revolves around vehicles and machinery. It makes perfect sense to be at least somewhat realistic. Unfortunately, it's not exactly the case.
All of your points were great, but this one is one that I feel the strongest about! A semi-truck pulling a full load of logs, crashes into a Ford Pinto, and we both stop dead in our tracks?
Octopuss wrote:2a) Some sort of damage system would be awesome.
Take good care of your equipment, the vehicle maintenance costs remain low. Crash into everything in sight - pay the price! Perhaps even some decrease in performance if it takes too much damage. (This realism could be turned on/off to suit your preferences.)
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BigYveske

Post by BigYveske »

Oké first of all the game is great with the new stuff in it: new brands, customization of machinery, the new mission, fruits and animals. Al great to me.
Oke some modding material makes the game better! Duh!

But comparing this game to something like GTA??? Is not the right way!!!!
Between GTA IV and GTA V is 5 years of development
Between FS15 and FS 17 is only 2 years!

Graphics and looks!
We ar talking about a simulation game from GAINTS not about a action adventure game from rockstar!
You can't compare there development or there budget on game creation!
By the way you pay(in my case) €35 for farming simulator on it's release date and €60/€65 on the release of an other great game like GTA or advanced shootergame!!!

Oke it's not realistic that the tractor bounces around when hitting a building but if you play realistic! There ain't no way you're going to hit a building!
But I fully agree with the fact that a tractor can't drive in circles at full speed and doesn't flip over! Or something like that! There is still work.

The way I see it is that farming simulator has still got al long way the go. But it still is a very nice game if your in to it.
Maybe there should be more time between to releases. That way the new game will automatically be better on all aspects!

Well I guess I have made my point of how I think about it all!

Have a nice gaming time with this great game
I'm living for my farm, I'm farming for life!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

mdoss wrote:How about adding a bale stacker like this one from New Holland?

Stacks 105 square bales!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this photo!!! :surprised2:

How to post your log.txt
Irishfarmer36

Post by Irishfarmer36 »

Plz get rid of the slots
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Irishfarmer36 wrote:Plz get rid of the slots
Is it really a problem? Most people that have said on here have not had a problem with slots and they have lots of stuff.

How to post your log.txt
leonebianco24

Post by leonebianco24 »

Hello everyone today I want you paralre some things I'd like to see in the FS19, an improvement of daily life.
I wish every player had the opportunity to comprasi a house and take a nap during the night, have a chance to buy new clothes in stores or overalls.
I piacerbbe also see a corruption means, if you break such a tractor in the field, it is called the assistance to let you repair.
however many times it takes a barn fire, piacerebbre I have a cell in which there are various emergency numbers such as fire, police, ambulance.
They are funny ideas but that reflect the life quotidiana.scrivetemi what you think. :)
leonebianco24

Post by leonebianco24 »

hello to everyone in the next fs I'd vdere these brands:
Goweil,
Blackbird,
John Deere,
Hudig,
Maschio Gaspardo,
Kaweco,
Ropa,
feraboli,
Sigma,
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Chainsawcrazy wrote:Well isn't octopuss a ray of sunshine. Graphic issue must be with your eyes and a crappy TV.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, the game looks completely fine to me. Must be the TV that makes the biggest difference, that can make something look out of whack.

How to post your log.txt