Help with Vehicle Textures and shaders!

Eure Foren für alle Diskussionen rund ums Thema Modding.
owenNielsen

Help with Vehicle Textures and shaders!

Post by owenNielsen »

I am beyond confused. I am trying to mod FS19 and this is my problem...
I can't find the diffuse textures for the default vehicles and I see that they have a shader that colors them, as far as I can tell thats how they did it. I've looked and none of the tractors made by GIANTS have a diffuse in their folders! I can't seem to do it that way so I made a diffuse texture myself for my tractor. However now in order to make the dirt mask appear I have to put on a shader and then it gets rid of the specular map and everything is super shiny. So I have to choose between either having the tractor dirty and be super shiny or having proper specular maps and no dirt. WTF!? How does GIANTS color their vehicles and what am I supposed to do about the shaders? Can anyone tell me how this works? Please!
#MB-Trac_Power

Re: Help with Vehicle Textures and shaders!

Post by #MB-Trac_Power »

Hello owenNielsen,

you have to work with the texture-system of FS19 and this consists of: specular, normal and the RGB-colors
You don`t need an albedo map (diffuse-map) anymore
Your old albedo- and specular-map is the reason why your mod is shining

A little bit of the texture-system:
-Since FS19 the specular will be use for "dirt" and "wear"
-The FS19 is in a position to show you the right materials like metal, glass,plastic, leather and so on, but you have to edit the specular in an UV-Editor from a 3D-programm. You have to use this way only, if you want to represent the the right materials of your mod.
-The color of your mod will be influence by the albedo-colors. If you have a look in the material-editor in an I3D you see the topic "Albedo Color" and if you click on "..." on the right site you can use the RGB-Colors of everything

I give you a link with the original colors of all brands they are a part of FS19
Made by "WohnzimmerBauer", an user in this forum :)
https://farmsim.fun/ls19-colors/

With friendly greets
#MB-Trac_Power