New crops in fs19 or maybe down the road.

What crop would you like added (if possible) to fs19 or maybe in later versions?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 am

Coffee
26%
Grapes
24%
Olives
10%
Other (please specify)
40%

Total votes: 72

Stevo0114

Re: New crops in fs19 or maybe down the road.

Post by Stevo0114 »

Ive noticed so.e people asking for sweetcorn its already in the game maize, corn, sweetcorn are all the same
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Stevo0114 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:22 pm Ive noticed so.e people asking for sweetcorn its already in the game maize, corn, sweetcorn are all the same
Actually, they are not. The corn or maize that's in the game is harvested when dry and is referred to as field corn. It's threshed through a combine and you get the hard, dry kernel that goes in the grain bins. It's used for animal feed, corn meal, and many other things (like tortillas for the Lone Oak taco stand).

Sweet corn is a different variety that looks different, grows different, and is harvested as a whole ear when the kernels are still moist and ripe. It takes a specialized harvester. This is what we usually refer to when we say we're eating corn. It's the bright yellow kernels that comes in cans, frozen, or the produce section as whole ears in the supermarket.

If you try to bite into a field corn ear at harvest and break some teeth out, you'll know the difference quite well! :lol:

Here's an example of a sweet corn harvest.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Mmm tortilla's... no fair, Fenix. I want a taco/burrito now! lol - Now, all jokes aside. Having different style corn would be awesome, would love to harvest sweet corn and with the trailers from Platinum for the Sugarcane, we're halfway there! :)
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

fenixguy Yes id love to see some corn pickers in the game i see them around here a lot, also for other id love to see onions rice or alfalfa, the sod is defiantly a interesting idea, never thought of it seems like it could be fun tho!
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Maybe some small scale herb growing??
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Agave and marijuana.
Id like to have a couple shots and a doobie while Im waiting on the corn.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:59 pm
Stevo0114 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:22 pm Ive noticed so.e people asking for sweetcorn its already in the game maize, corn, sweetcorn are all the same
Correct. Sweet corn is an entirely different crop than regular corn. Some similarities, but sweet corn is a shorter stalk, slightly different coloring and grows to maturity faster.

A side note on most crops for human consumption...typically these are harvested and shipped directly to a processing facility as many, like peas, have a short window of freshness that needs to be met. Therefore, crops are planted in stages so they mature and are harvested at a rate the processor can handle them.

Depending what happens with seasons, this would be an interesting aspect if these crops should be included at some point.
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

Other: Alfalfa is an obvious choice. Some less obvious choices would be forage wheat for cattle, lettuce, & sweet potatoes. Anything row crop that would require making beds with an implement is cool. I wouldn't mind orchards being a thing. Fruits/nuts etc.. Fruit is mostly picked by hand tho..
I make jokes that others don't get.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yeah sweet corn and field corn are two different things, we grow sweet corn every year in our garden, and we put the corn we cut off into baggies, and freeze them for winter, of course we clean them, and boil them, usually about 5 rows of corn.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

I'd prefer more vegetable options, anything that grows on trees seems like such a chore to harvest. Sugar cane was bad enough :).
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

BigNRichlll wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 pm Other: Alfalfa is an obvious choice. Some less obvious choices would be forage wheat for cattle, lettuce, & sweet potatoes. Anything row crop that would require making beds with an implement is cool. I wouldn't mind orchards being a thing. Fruits/nuts etc.. Fruit is mostly picked by hand tho..
Actually, I think you can forage wheat now.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

yea you can forage any crop in the game they just dont yield nearly as much as corn
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:59 pm
BigNRichlll wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 pm Other: Alfalfa is an obvious choice. Some less obvious choices would be forage wheat for cattle, lettuce, & sweet potatoes. Anything row crop that would require making beds with an implement is cool. I wouldn't mind orchards being a thing. Fruits/nuts etc.. Fruit is mostly picked by hand tho..
Actually, I think you can forage wheat now.
Should of clarified, we bale ours. Makes some real nice feed.
I make jokes that others don't get.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Other/ Peanuts
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yeah Peanuts would be a nice addition, work for Planters.