Seasons FS 19

Patrick73

Re: Seasons FS 19

Post by Patrick73 »

Surely they could get around the bale limit problem with a storage shed for bales using the same script as the auto load trailers? Someone did say when they are on the trailer they don’t exist until you unload them
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Really..... I need to run a test on that, will buy 10 autoloading trailers and see if I can exceed the 200 bale limit.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

The Dude wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 pm Really..... I need to run a test on that, will buy 10 autoloading trailers and see if I can exceed the 200 bale limit.
It doesnt work!!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:53 am Surely they could get around the bale limit problem with a storage shed for bales using the same script as the auto load trailers? Someone did say when they are on the trailer they don’t exist until you unload them
They just don't have collisions on the trailer. Thats it.
There is no way something that doesn't take space on the RAM can actually show up on your screen.
PS5 / FS22
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^that was what I read and misunderstood it as them not adding to your count...my humble apologies
Last edited by Patrick73 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ No need for apologies mate *thumbsup*
People just like to assume things rather than trying out if something really works.
And that causes the infollution.
PS5 / FS22
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:06 pm
Procobator wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:53 pm I'm planning on buying FS19 right at the start...I know we haven't seen everything yet but what I have seen isn't enough for me.
So why buy it at the start? Wait until it goes on sale after a few patches and useful mods are out. FS17 was the last game I'll ever preorder.

Not that I don't think the game looks amazing. I think they're doing a great job.
The price has very little bearing in my decision and I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I also have a few FS buddies that are itching to do MP so I'll most likely join them.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

As mentioned above, I expect it will be available as a DLC at some point.

I liked playing with seasons but the only thing that I hated about it was what it did to the mission prices. Missions were always a good option to help get your farm started.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

RODHA wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am
Patrick73 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:53 am Surely they could get around the bale limit problem with a storage shed for bales using the same script as the auto load trailers? Someone did say when they are on the trailer they don’t exist until you unload them
They just don't have collisions on the trailer. Thats it.
There is no way something that doesn't take space on the RAM can actually show up on your screen.
It's probably possible to add the bale count to a building and take the actual object out of the game untill you need a bale and ask the building to spawn it back in. There are some mod maps that do this for vehicles for PC do reduce lag caused by too many vehicles. Something like this should work in some form for bales I think. I'm not expecting it and it's probable there's a reason I don't know of why it can't be done anyway.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thats a good solution but I assume it needs a third part script which as you know we can't have unless it is embeded into the base game code like Giants did to bring seasons. Some sort of bale storage place that works with that logic would be much appreciated in FS19.
PS5 / FS22
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Besides building a farm it sounds like FS17 will be a better game tell mods get out. Seasons made FS17 a great game.
BigDaddyMac

Post by BigDaddyMac »

I will keep playing FS17 with Seasons until they can get a mod out for FS19. I was really disappointed to find out that FS19 does not have it in the base game.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 am Thats a good solution but I assume it needs a third part script which as you know we can't have unless it is embeded into the base game code like Giants did to bring seasons. Some sort of bale storage place that works with that logic would be much appreciated in FS19.
Sure would be appreciated. It would take care of the bales I think and allow us a "barn full of bales" which seems more realistic than having piles of bales laying about. I think it was ls-mod company that did the bale storage barns for PC. They have a bunch of mods on the official modhub. Dare we hope? Lol
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

fenixguy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:33 pm
Preble 818 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 pm I don't see how a person could use bales and have more than 50 cows or so. If someone does I'd love to hear about it though!
Forage and chips silo. I store hay and silage there (or premix my tmr and store it). I keep straw as bales.

I don't have to though. I only do it to keep the lag down from having too many bales in the same place. On BSM's The Valley, I kept between 2-300 cows on nothing but bales. They don't eat as much as you think. And sheep eat so little that it's trivial.
I was under the impression that heaps decrease at midnight regardless of whether or not it was in storage. Is that not true for that mod? If so jokes on me lol.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

They won't decrease if stored as bales or in a silo.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!