Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
p0wd3rp1l0t

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

will maps have to be made specifically for this seasons mod to work properly or will it work on any map? if this mod does what it says it does and runs it without any problems, why doesnt giants make this an option in the game(not sure if they would have to buy the rights or how that would work). like have two modes(simulation and arcade) with simulation being the seasons mod and arcade being the current version. its crazy what you modders can do. your all a talented bunch
Gaming PC
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

p0wd3rp1l0t wrote:will maps have to be made specifically for this seasons mod to work properly or will it work on any map? if this mod does what it says it does and runs it without any problems, why doesnt giants make this an option in the game(not sure if they would have to buy the rights or how that would work). like have two modes(simulation and arcade) with simulation being the seasons mod and arcade being the current version. its crazy what you modders can do. your all a talented bunch
Our mod works fine on any map, but the experience is better and more involving on maps that have had the extras applied.

For example, as long as the map maker used Giants trees, then this stuff will work. Nothing special is required
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDurn1aO_I

There are some extra features that map makers can choose to include, which I mentioned on the previous page.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I play on PC, but I was wondering- are you making it available for consoles too? I know it's an outside script, but are you going to do what the 4Real module people did and give it to GIANTS? Anywho, keep up the good work! I'll probably have one map with it and one map without it. Can't wait to see it *thumbsup*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Smith Modding wrote:I play on PC, but I was wondering- are you making it available for consoles too? I know it's an outside script, but are you going to do what the 4Real module people did and give it to GIANTS? Anywho, keep up the good work! I'll probably have one map with it and one map without it. Can't wait to see it *thumbsup*
The 4Real mods were created by Giants employees, so it's not the same thing.
Desertwrek

Post by Desertwrek »

This is just awesome, looks amazing. Really hoping for that_tiny_chance that it will make it to console. *thumbsup*
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Last night we have submitted the mod to the Giants Mod Contest. It has been an amazing 7 months of work and 10,000 lines of Lua code later, version 1 is now alive.

I wanted to thank my awesome team members: Rahkiin, reallogger and bear_ludd.

Also, sincere thanks to the following modders for helping us build the 'Seasons' mod.

Seasonal tree and hedge textures -- KimG
Snow Weather, tree textures, Season Huds and logo -- FSModding_Gary
Snow mask files -- Vasylko
Weather forecast HUD -- ian898, blacky_BPG
Bale fermentation & field job manager -- baron
Tiny dedicated server warning fix -- Decker_MMIV
In-game English help texts - leifege640
Floating dust / pollen values according to season - BulletBill83

## Translations
Polish - Dzi4d3k, KITT3000
German - tobiasgo, Oekobauer, ItZzShady, WieSeLfLinK, Amadeo
Italian - fcelsa, zed636
French - thierry62, Marxtai, dural, Anonymous
Russian - Vasil'ko
Czech - gorgona, DrewCZ
Spanish - PromGames, Vanquish081
Dutch - JoshvZeyl
Hungarian - n0tr3adY

## Testers
astro80
baron
blueweb
DKDon (and everybody else on his server)
Dzi4d3k
iw_shawn
KimG
leifege640
masseyharris
Mike3650 (and everybody else on his server)
thierry62
Vasil'ko
WBF

and anybody else who submitted issues.

Finally, I wanted to give a shout out to Akuenzi. I have been thinking about creating this mod for a few years now and it is basically how I've pretended to play in the past, but I no longer have to pretend. Akuenzi was the person that inspired me to go ahead with this project via a post that he made about changing growth. Unfortunately he wasn't able to work with us due to other commitments.

This is only the start of our journey though :)
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Brilliant, but now for which mod should one vote? thee some awesome mods out there... But I think your have a edge. I have played it a little with the developer version (before the deaktivation) and for me it was amazing what you have done. Is there already a tut out how to adapt mod maps?
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
Guil

Post by Guil »

Wow that really shows the amount of work it takes to make mods and it's really nice that you mentioned everyone. Best of luck.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Well to be honest, that's more than a mod. That's work giants should have done. The name of the game is Farming Simulator and in farming seasons and weather a thing that can't be ignored. So giants should show some gratitude towards these guys. I love fs, but that is one of the things this should have been in the game from the start, maybe with an enable/disable option. The same is with the gearbox and manual attachment. Don't get me wrong, I will be with you even when the other cattle farmers go to market, because you guys do a sterling job. But you have your work cut out.
Very kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Well per definition Seasons is a mod :) But it will probably more change the way you play the game than other mods. Some will like this, others won't.

When it comes to what Giants should have done, or not, we understand Giants is a commercial software company and making a game for the many. Giants has to in order to be commercially viable, which is something we all want. It is impossible to please everyone and quite sure they make very conscious choices on what to implement. Also it seems as they are quite successful as a company.

Maybe more relevant is that we are very happy the game is so moddable. Giants have been very open in mod calls, helpful answering our questions on discord and the forum. So we have never felt that they are not showing gratitude to us.

Hope this does not turn into a discussion on what the game should have been.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

I'm sorry, but I needed to vent that. I love the game and most of the mods are awesome, I'm in awe what modder, scripters and mapmakers do
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Paeppchen wrote:Brilliant, but now for which mod should one vote? thee some awesome mods out there... But I think your have a edge. I have played it a little with the developer version (before the deaktivation) and for me it was amazing what you have done. Is there already a tut out how to adapt mod maps?
Kind regards
Rolf
Yes there is a tutorial. Come join us on our slack to find out more and we can help
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

While we're waiting for the mod to get released, here is a small preview showing a one year time lapse  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y1ALHmKbsk
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

which mods are there to vote for? I looked for a list of them but the only thing I can determine that I can't find out which mods are in the contest until june 4 and giants have them on the mods link. or am I missing a link to go to to see the mods??? thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

This mod could change everything for FS17, and hopefully going forward the developers of this game take notice and start to make things more realistic. IRL, Ive been a farmer my entire life, and while I do enjoy the heck out of FS17, it does get a little stale to me after a while with no real challenge, so glad to see a mod of this nature come out. Im surprised soil mod hasnt made its way to 17 from 15 yet.

There is a vanilla Seasons Mod, that Ive been using, that just for looks, it does nothing, except just show what time of season your end, using 7 days for a full yr. Which I have enjoyed using, even though it actually doesnt change anything within the game.

If this mod works as intended, I cant imagine it not winning the mod contest, and I cant wait till it comes out to use it.